* Login 

Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Supper 25 Cent Wings at Hunter's Ale House for $0.25 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Taco Tuesday at The Factory Cookhouse & Dancehall for $2.00 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Spray Tan?
PostPosted: June 2nd, 2010, 11:25 am 

anybody have it done before? Any places that would be recommended in Charlottetown? I'm a natural red-head, so I am beyoond pale, and I would like to be able to wear shorts and dresses this year without EVERYONE commenting on how white my legs are haha

Post subject: Re: Spray Tan?
PostPosted: June 2nd, 2010, 11:27 am 

Does this "Tan" protect you from UV rays like a real tan does?

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2010, 11:36 am 

nope, it is just a stain basically....doesn't sound very attractive when you think about it, but I still wanna try it! lol

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2010, 11:39 am 

I did it a couple of years ago at a place in town and turned out very...well, orange. LOL. I looked like an Oompa Loompa for a week. Not to mention once it starts to peel and fade away and you look like you have a skin disease. I say embrace your paleness. Spray tans are not a good look on most people.

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2010, 11:42 am 

Full body spray tan for $30 at Radiant Reflections @ the Delta. Never had the spray tan, but always a good experience there :)

**i haven't done it, and probably wouldn't from the sounds of peiislandgirl's experience!

have you used any self tanners you can get at Shoppers? i think they'd be more natural looking. ask the beauty desk if they have any samples of some to try out on your legs before a purchase!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2010, 11:55 am 

I have used the self tanning lotions in the past, and just can never get it to look even enough, was thinking that the spray option would at least be nice and even tone. I just this past week tried the Jergens moisturizer that has a hint of tanner in it, thinking that maybe I could get it a bit "even-er" as there isn't as much active ingredient in it, but still I can't seem to get it right :-(
I was wanting to try to spray stuff this summer too, to see how it turns out, then I will know whether I want to have it done before my wedding next summer. I may contact the place in the Delta to see if they are able to customise the colour. I don't want a deep tan, definitely don't want oompa loompa, I am just wanting a little bit of colour to tone down the blinding whiteness I have going on. Likely what I want most people would call "normal" but it would be a tan for me! haha

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2010, 7:59 pm 

my daughters friend got the spray tan done at radiant reflections at the delta and it turned out wonderful....buuuuuuuuut.....it will only last a short while as it will wash away little by little....i was told it was a good thing if you have the money to maintain it or if you just need it right away.....such as going down south or something

no worries about turning orange as they tell you that will only happen if you try to tan darker then what you would naturally go.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2010, 8:30 pm 
From Away

My opinion, i think its gross the way some of the girls layer it on. They didnt have it 30 years ago. Girls looked great back then.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2010, 9:39 pm 

yeah, you can definitely over do it a la Katie Price or any of the Jersey Shore chicks haha!

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2010, 10:55 pm 
Almost an Islander

if you get this be careful! you're not allowed to sweat for the first little bit. i remember when i was in jr. high a girl got one and she didn't realize she couldn't play her trumpet with the tan.. she ended up with a white ring around her mouth and had to get it done all over again.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2010, 7:18 am 
Site Admin (volunteer)

Smalltownboy wrote:
My opinion, i think its gross the way some of the girls layer it on. They didnt have it 30 years ago. Girls looked great back then.

Thirty years ago they laid in the sun for hours with baby oil.

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2010, 7:51 am 

I have had it a few times at Radiant Reflections and had good results. I never tan, am very pale, so got the light which worked well with my complexion. I followed Gerry's instructions to moisturize the first 3 days then exfoliate after that and it stayed with me a good 6 days. It is great for a special occasion and hiding cellulite somewhat!

To the poster who asked if it protects against UV Rays, no it doesn't and neither does a real tan. A real tan is merely skin damage and does not protect your skin from further damage.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2010, 9:24 am 
True Islander

People are crazy.

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2010, 10:26 am 

not sure if I'm crazy per se...a little vain, yes :-)

PostPosted: June 4th, 2010, 10:48 pm 

redrocket0 wrote:
I have had it a few times at Radiant Reflections and had good results. I never tan, am very pale, so got the light which worked well with my complexion. I followed Gerry's instructions to moisturize the first 3 days then exfoliate after that and it stayed with me a good 6 days. It is great for a special occasion and hiding cellulite somewhat!

To the poster who asked if it protects against UV Rays, no it doesn't and neither does a real tan. A real tan is merely skin damage and does not protect your skin from further damage.

What does it cost to have a six day tan?

PostPosted: June 4th, 2010, 10:54 pm 
True Islander

I find pale smooth skin sensual in a woman. Like french women in the renaissance days. My opinion but I am likely not alone in my view.

PostPosted: June 5th, 2010, 7:18 am 
Almost an Islander

betamaxman wrote:
I find pale smooth skin sensual in a woman. Like french women in the renaissance days. My opinion but I am likely not alone in my view.

No you are not alone betamaxman, my better half is also a true red head and is very pale . Every spring whenever the weather warms up she is out and gets sun on her legs and arms , little by little she tans up . This is definitely not a fast tan but the only way she has found that works for her.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: June 5th, 2010, 8:02 am 

I wish that would work for me! My arms kinda sometimes look like they get a little colour as my freckles get darker, but my legs seem to have no melanin whatsoever! they are either blindingly white, or lobster red! lol

PostPosted: June 9th, 2010, 7:19 am 

Redhead27, this is our sun cycle:
burn
blister
peel
freckle
Repeat.

I am a big fan of sunscreen now, but it doesn't stop the freckles from popping.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: June 11th, 2010, 9:38 am 

redrocket0 wrote:
Redhead27, this is our sun cycle:
burn
blister
peel
freckle
Repeat.

I am a big fan of sunscreen now, but it doesn't stop the freckles from popping.

I wouldn't say I'm a "true" redhead, but definitely a light auburn brown, and this cycle sucks. Especially the freckles. I go to the beach one day and come back with hundreds of new freckles. I have a theory that if I get enough of them, it will just look like a tan...
I haven't gotten a bad burn though in about 5 years. Diligent with the sunscreen.