PEIinfo Logo
  Top Banner

Listings Coming Soon
 
Home
* FAQ
* Register

* Login 

Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Lunch Bacon & Clam Chowder at Casa Mia Cafe for $4.95 [Remind Me]

Lunch The Great Canadian Hand Carved Sandwich at Chartwells UPEI for $5.99 [Remind Me]

Lunch Chicken wings & Chips at Casa Mia Cafe for $9.95 [Remind Me]

Supper WING NIGHT!!! at The Old Triangle Irish Alehouse for $0.35 [Remind Me]

Supper Endless Baby Back Ribs at Hunter's Ale House for $22.99 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Beef Pot Pie or Veggie Pot Pie at Beanz Espresso Bar for $9.10 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Northumberland Condominiums @ 135 Pownal Street
PostPosted: November 8th, 2014, 5:33 pm 
Offline
Newly Created Account

Joined: October 26th, 2014, 7:57 am
Posts: 1
Hello!

Does anyone have any advice / cautions / comments on living in this building, or renting an apartment in it?

I appreciate your input.

Thank you.

jaye1989


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Northumberland Condominiums @ 135 Pownal Street
PostPosted: November 9th, 2014, 9:26 am 
Offline
Site Admin (volunteer)
User avatar

Joined: November 1st, 2003, 7:55 am
Posts: 16903
Location: Brackley Beach PE / Lake Wales FL
Loved my time at the Northumberland (just moved out last week as we begin our transition to the snowbird life)!!

For the most part, the other residents are quite friendly. The maintenance staff are great also! Loved the wash bay in the garage ... fantastic amenity in the winter time. The central air and rooftop deck/kitchen were much appreciated during the summer months

Hard to go wrong renting here. Just be very aware of the provisions of the lease ... this isn't your typical apartment building, it is a condominium with fairly strict rules defined by the condo owners. The lease is written such that they can easily terminate your lease if you have a disregard for those rules.

And of course, because they are condos, they are always up for sale and your lease could be terminated (with some notice) if a buyer is found for the unit you are in. But I think that is a risk worth taking :-)


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Northumberland Condominiums @ 135 Pownal Street
PostPosted: November 9th, 2014, 3:53 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: February 25th, 2013, 8:36 pm
Posts: 1526
kreskin wrote:
Loved my time at the Northumberland (just moved out last week as we begin our transition to the snowbird life)!!

For the most part, the other residents are quite friendly. The maintenance staff are great also! Loved the wash bay in the garage ... fantastic amenity in the winter time. The central air and rooftop deck/kitchen were much appreciated during the summer months

Hard to go wrong renting here. Just be very aware of the provisions of the lease ... this isn't your typical apartment building, it is a condominium with fairly strict rules defined by the condo owners. The lease is written such that they can easily terminate your lease if you have a disregard for those rules.

And of course, because they are condos, they are always up for sale and your lease could be terminated (with some notice) if a buyer is found for the unit you are in. But I think that is a risk worth taking :-)

What exactly does "for the most part , the other residents are quite friendly" mean?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Northumberland Condominiums @ 135 Pownal Street
PostPosted: November 9th, 2014, 9:13 pm 
Offline
Site Admin (volunteer)
User avatar

Joined: November 1st, 2003, 7:55 am
Posts: 16903
Location: Brackley Beach PE / Lake Wales FL
Gardiner wrote:
What exactly does "for the most part , the other residents are quite friendly" mean?


Pretty much what it says :?

Just like in any neighbourhood, you are going to have a mix people who are friendly, people who are indifferent or people who are unfriendly. Different neighbourhoods will have varying numbers of each type. The Northumberland has a nice preponderance of the first type :)


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Northumberland Condominiums @ 135 Pownal Street
PostPosted: November 10th, 2014, 8:35 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: February 25th, 2013, 8:36 pm
Posts: 1526
kreskin wrote:
Gardiner wrote:
What exactly does "for the most part , the other residents are quite friendly" mean?


Pretty much what it says :?

Just like in any neighbourhood, you are going to have a mix people who are friendly, people who are indifferent or people who are unfriendly. Different neighbourhoods will have varying numbers of each type. The Northumberland has a nice preponderance of the first type :)


It didn't say that, but thanks for the explanation :roll:


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Northumberland Condominiums @ 135 Pownal Street
PostPosted: November 10th, 2014, 10:04 am 
Offline
Site Admin (volunteer)
User avatar

Joined: November 1st, 2003, 7:55 am
Posts: 16903
Location: Brackley Beach PE / Lake Wales FL
Gardiner wrote:
kreskin wrote:
Gardiner wrote:
What exactly does "for the most part , the other residents are quite friendly" mean?


Pretty much what it says :?

Just like in any neighbourhood, you are going to have a mix people who are friendly, people who are indifferent or people who are unfriendly. Different neighbourhoods will have varying numbers of each type. The Northumberland has a nice preponderance of the first type :)


It didn't say that, but thanks for the explanation :roll:


You're welcome.

What did you think it meant?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Northumberland Condominiums @ 135 Pownal Street
PostPosted: November 10th, 2014, 10:17 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: February 25th, 2013, 8:36 pm
Posts: 1526
kreskin wrote:
Gardiner wrote:
kreskin wrote:
Gardiner wrote:
What exactly does "for the most part , the other residents are quite friendly" mean?


Pretty much what it says :?

Just like in any neighbourhood, you are going to have a mix people who are friendly, people who are indifferent or people who are unfriendly. Different neighbourhoods will have varying numbers of each type. The Northumberland has a nice preponderance of the first type :)


It didn't say that, but thanks for the explanation :roll:


You're welcome.

What did you think it meant?


In all honesty, I wasn't quite sure what you meant and it was like you were speaking metaphorically.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Northumberland Condominiums @ 135 Pownal Street
PostPosted: November 10th, 2014, 1:33 pm 
Offline
Site Admin (volunteer)
User avatar

Joined: November 1st, 2003, 7:55 am
Posts: 16903
Location: Brackley Beach PE / Lake Wales FL
Fortunately, the OP had no problem understanding what it meant :D


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group