* Register

* Login 

Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Horrible Experience At PAPA JOES !!!
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2014, 4:04 pm 
Newly Created Account

Hi Everyone,

last week when i went with my friend to papa joe's had horrible experience,as i order hummus i found a brown hair inside the hummus. i had to drop my friend to airport i did not argue with the management.. instead the manager was whispering with his staff that hair cannot be kitchen staff, i told by calling him to apologize and inform my hair is black..

Very Bad People in this restaurant, don't recommend to anyone...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Horrible Experience At PAPA JOES !!!
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2014, 8:13 pm 
True Islander

Do people really get this worked up over a hair in their food? I've had this happen on occasion, not necessarily just at restaurants. I just pick it out and keep eating. It's not the most appetizing thing to find in food, but it's not like you're going to get sick from it.

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2014, 8:42 pm 

I agree with you Craiger....Just remove it and forget about it...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 4th, 2014, 8:19 am 

craiger wrote:
Do people really get this worked up over a hair in their food? I've had this happen on occasion, not necessarily just at restaurants. I just pick it out and keep eating. It's not the most appetizing thing to find in food, but it's not like you're going to get sick from it.

In all fairness, when you pay money for a meal you do expect certain levels of hygiene standards and if there's any doubt of that management should react in more professional manner....a hair in food at home is no biggie!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 4th, 2014, 2:55 pm 
Almost an Islander

Had a couple bad experiences at this restaurant. Haven't eaten there since. I know someone who worked there as well. Treated poorly. Enough said.

PostPosted: May 5th, 2014, 6:13 pm 
True Islander

Gardiner wrote:
craiger wrote:

In all fairness, when you pay money for a meal you do expect certain levels of hygiene standards and if there's any doubt of that management should react in more professional manner....a hair in food at home is no biggie!

Do most kitchen staff wear hairnets?

PostPosted: May 5th, 2014, 7:09 pm 

craiger wrote:
Gardiner wrote:
craiger wrote:

Do most kitchen staff wear hairnets?

I believe they're suppose to.....which is why I like restaurants where you can see the kitchen activity.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 30th, 2014, 11:27 am 
Newly Created Account

Hey guyz,

I am not saying that i am getting sick, but the way the manager treated was pretty racist scum bag.. i could have make a big scene out there, i was not worried about the hair.. the hair was clearly someone else as i know my hair color is pretty different....

i would not recommend anyone to eat there... these people think they are bigger and think can force their brutality on others, i hope the byblos should reopen so we can have an authentic lebanese food out their.... not this fake Papa joe lebanese food....

Baba Lounge people are very good guys....but little bit expensive

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 31st, 2014, 10:08 am 
Almost an Islander

last time i ate there (a few years ago), it was a long wait for my food, and when it came it was cold, my b-in-laws medium well ordered steak was rare, never went back.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 31st, 2014, 2:07 pm 
True Islander

xosmic wrote:
we can have an authentic lebanese food out their.... not this fake Papa joe lebanese food....

Fake Lebanese food from Barb Jabour, the owner, who is authentic lebanese... interesting.
:roll:

PostPosted: May 31st, 2014, 3:22 pm 
Almost an Islander

My husband and I love Papa Joe's, and it's pretty much become our "fall back" restaurant when we can't decide where to go.
Every time we go the place is pretty much filled up, which tells me that we aren't the only ones who love it there.
I find the staff very friendly, and the food is delicious. I've never had anything I didn't like; I actually find that the bill comes to around $20 less each time we go there than when we buy similar items from Boston Pizza, and the presentation is always very well done.

I do wish they hadn't changed the menu though, I used to love their falafel sandwich with hummus, and also their bacon wrapped scallops, but they took both of those things off the menu :-(

This past Wednesday, we went in for the weekly Indian special, and it was amazing, as always. Craving some of that onion baji right now :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: June 1st, 2014, 12:00 pm 

I don't go there often (twice a year?) but every time I've been there the place has been packed, and I've never had a bad experience there, nor have I heard of a bad experience from people I know to be regulars.

Too bad you had a bad experience, but they're worth giving another chance.

PostPosted: June 1st, 2014, 7:57 pm 

Last week my wife went to Papa Joe's to pickup a gift certificate, at the request of a family member. When she entered and waited by the cash for service, the owner and his sister stood at the bar and looked over but made no move. It was as if they were waiting for the other one to go over. This delay made her feel as if they could not be bothered with her. If this gift certificate had not been specifically requested by someone else she would have turned around and left immediately. Not impressed.

[-X

PostPosted: June 8th, 2014, 12:52 pm 
Newly Created Account

I don't have any enmity with this restaurant, but the owners of this restaurants are so proud and arrogant, they don't have any courtesy or show normal antiquates to be in first place...

I am very disappointed with these people......

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: June 10th, 2014, 7:42 pm 

But yet there's always a lineup to get in the door...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: June 10th, 2014, 10:57 pm 
Newly Created Account

crowsbro2 wrote:
But yet there's always a lineup to get in the door...

Probably they have the best location, and there been for quite a long time... And owner i guess have spent a lot of money for marketing.... Waiters goes and change.............

I guess the problem with the owner, showing proudy and arrogant behavior to customers....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: June 11th, 2014, 6:24 am 
True Islander

xosmic wrote:

Probably they have the best location, and there been for quite a long time... And owner i guess have spent a lot of money for marketing.... Waiters goes and change.............

I guess the problem with the owner, showing proudy and arrogant behavior to customers....

Probably they have excellent food. You can have a bad meal any restaurant any time. their's is very consistent and good.

Probably they have excellent staff, and have had for as long as I can remember.

Probably the owners are very nice people, just some people I suspect, couldnt be pleased if they were given everything under the sun to appease them.

Post subject: Re: Lunch @ Papa Joes
PostPosted: May 7th, 2015, 7:06 am 
Tourist

I have not been to Papa Joes in a few years....I went recently at lunch and ordered the Roast Beef Melt....it was just barely fair. It was suppose to be beef, peppers, onions and mozza on a toasted garlic bun. It may have started that way but there was way too much "au jus" (sp) all over it. The bun was a soggy mess, not sure there was any mozza ( couldn't really tell) and overall it was very salty. If I go back, definitely not ordering that again.

On a better note, the caesar salad and the service was pretty good.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 7th, 2015, 11:06 am 
Almost an Islander

i was wondering what people thought of them now, i heard they had a new chef and the food was now very good.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 7th, 2015, 6:30 pm 
True Islander

Can't say I've ever had a bad meal there. I tried their burger love last month. It wasn't my kind of burger but it was good. It's a great restaurant to take your family.