PEIinfo Logo
  Top Banner

Listings Coming Soon
 
Home
* FAQ
* Register

* Login 

Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Health Canada tells pot growers to destroy surplus mj
PostPosted: February 28th, 2014, 9:59 pm 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: November 26th, 2006, 12:15 am
Posts: 3248
Now this is a section of our Gov that is held in highest esteem with protecting our health. Telling it's users to destroy it's medicine because of a law change. Now tell me how that makes sense to anyone out there? Tell me it isn't politics.Just tell me they deserve to be criminalized after the deadline. Also note how they include it being aligned with gangsterism in the article.

Quote:
OTTAWA - Users of medical marijuana will soon be prohibited from growing their own pot — and the federal government is suggesting they turn to their feline friends for help in properly disposing of leftover stashes.

Health Canada recommends blending marijuana with water and mixing it with cat litter before tossing it into regular household trash.

"The primary option is to break down the materials, mask the odour and dispose of it in the garbage," department spokesman Sean Upton said in an emailed response to questions.

Health Canada has announced a complete reworking of the medical marijuana system — in part due to concerns about the risk of criminal infiltration.

Under the existing program, to be phased out by April 1, people like Jason Wilcox of Abbotsford, B.C., are issued licences to grow marijuana for their personal use to help ease the symptoms of painful conditions.

Wilcox and thousands of others who cultivate their own pot have until the end of March to render any remaining weed "unfit for use or consumption."

Under the new system, only licensed producers will grow marijuana for postal distribution to patients whose health-care providers agree it is the appropriate treatment.

More than 30,000 people across the country are authorized to use the drug for medical purposes, and many have licences to produce their own strains of marijuana.

Internal government briefing notes released under the Access to Information Act say that such users in possession of homegrown plants as of April 1 will be violating the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act, "which becomes a law enforcement issue."

The order to destroy leftover pot is "ridiculous" and a "travesty," said the HIV-positive Wilcox, who is licensed to grow marijuana that helps diminish painful side effects of treatment.

"It just goes to show what the government's done with this whole program from Day 1," he said.

"I personally believe my rights are being stepped on."

Wilcox, 40, said he can grow the pot he needs for under $2 a gram, but faces paying as much as $12 a gram under the new system, which he can't afford.

He is coy about what he will do after March 31.

"I'm not going to suggest that I'm going to incriminate myself in open media. That would be kind of silly," he said. "I'm also not going to tell you that I'm going to conform to the law, either. I'm just telling you that I'm in the grey area."

Wilcox says his current regimen has helped stabilize his health.

"I worry a lot for the patients that are a lot worse off, and the patients that don't know the politics behind this. They don't even know they have to destroy their medication. Some of them don't even understand what's going on."

The briefing notes say Health Canada is working with Public Safety Canada and the RCMP on encouraging licence holders to dispose of their self-grown marijuana by the deadline.

Wilcox, who is helping spearhead a legal challenge of the new system, said he and others have received just one government letter outlining the changes.

A May 2012 RCMP intelligence report warned that organized criminal networks were taking advantage of the medical marijuana program to produce the drug and supply it to the illicit market.

Both the Mounties and Public Safety referred questions to Health Canada.

Upton said the new system will ensure medical marijuana "is produced under secure, sanitary and quality-controlled conditions" so as to "better protect the health, security and safety of all Canadians."

Wilcox resents the notion he is involved in something unsafe or linked to gangsterism.

"I find that to be quite inflammatory."
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/health/Destroy+banned+marijuana+mixing+with+water+kitty+litter/9385128/story.html

_________________
“Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking...” Leo Tolstoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Health Canada tells pot growers to destroy surplus mj
PostPosted: February 28th, 2014, 11:16 pm 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: September 20th, 2011, 8:18 pm
Posts: 4181
Be careful what you wish for.
Everyone wanted marijuana to be legalized and medical marijuana to be recognized.
Well now all of that is coming true. And when that happens the government gets to control supply and demand.
If it is officially recognized as a medication it HAS to be controlled.

Health Canada is doing exactly the right thing here.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Health Canada tells pot growers to destroy surplus mj
PostPosted: March 1st, 2014, 9:46 am 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: November 26th, 2006, 12:15 am
Posts: 3248
Raiders wrote:
Be careful what you wish for.
Everyone wanted marijuana to be legalized and medical marijuana to be recognized.
Well now all of that is coming true. And when that happens the government gets to control supply and demand.
If it is officially recognized as a medication it HAS to be controlled.

Health Canada is doing exactly the right thing here.

Really? So it's ethical to make people destroy there medication? It was recognized when they were growing their own now with a stroke of a pen these people could now potentially be criminals. What about the pills being controlled? I don't see much of that, add insult to injury out comes a new pill more potent that all other and pure narcotic. When is this going to be allowed in Canada?
Quote:
Potent New Painkiller May Prove Lethal for Addicts, Critics Warn

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-ne ... arn-n40551

Quote:
Is The Super Potent New Opiate Painkiller Zohydro Just Too Dangerous?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/melaniehaiken/2014/02/28/is-zohydro-the-super-potent-new-opiate-painkiller-just-too-dangerous/

I'd rather see something that is harmless and safe than that crap.
Who said it wasn't controlled before? I didn't see anything in the papers about mass gangsterism when people were growing their own? Where is all the articles? Ya legalize it and leave the rest to the people not micro manage it. AHHHH but it's the taxes isn't it?

_________________
“Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking...” Leo Tolstoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Health Canada tells pot growers to destroy surplus mj
PostPosted: March 1st, 2014, 9:58 am 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: April 10th, 2006, 12:57 pm
Posts: 14266
Location: Charlottetown
I would like to honestly know why, MSM is a terrible, terrible thing, yet, when it suits your cause you quote the "parrot news".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Health Canada tells pot growers to destroy surplus mj
PostPosted: March 1st, 2014, 3:53 pm 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: November 26th, 2006, 12:15 am
Posts: 3248
linetwig wrote:
I would like to honestly know why, MSM is a terrible, terrible thing, yet, when it suits your cause you quote the "parrot news".

I'll give you 2 examples.

Newscasters Agree: A Christmas Present Or Two Or Ten Edition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM8L7bdwVaA

Newscasters Agree: The Easter Bunny's Springless Steps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dguiAWrUGMM

And here is a third just for good measure.

Jon Stewart Calls Out Nancy Grace Again - On Her Senationalism
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD8LBEzty-s


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdK26vO6wtQ

_________________
“Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking...” Leo Tolstoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Health Canada tells pot growers to destroy surplus mj
PostPosted: March 1st, 2014, 4:02 pm 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: April 10th, 2006, 12:57 pm
Posts: 14266
Location: Charlottetown
So? Its a little thing called the AP ( assoicated press), or Reuters.

Both are news agencys who write stories and post them on the "wire". These are picked up and used by other media.

Did you honestly think that every single story in the news in the Guardian is written by Theresa Wright?

There is no conspiracy... none.


What there is, is hypocrits. using MSM when it suits their needs, plain and simple.

Look in a mirror to see if that statement reflects you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Health Canada tells pot growers to destroy surplus mj
PostPosted: March 2nd, 2014, 9:10 pm 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: November 26th, 2006, 12:15 am
Posts: 3248
linetwig wrote:
So? Its a little thing called the AP ( assoicated press), or Reuters.

Both are news agencys who write stories and post them on the "wire". These are picked up and used by other media.

Did you honestly think that every single story in the news in the Guardian is written by Theresa Wright?

There is no conspiracy... none.


What there is, is hypocrits. using MSM when it suits their needs, plain and simple.

Look in a mirror to see if that statement reflects you.

No i don't think 1 person writes all the stories in the Guardian.

Yes i know it comes from 2 corp owned news agencies. As a matter of fact 5 corp own all the news agencies,did you know that?
My question is what happened to all the INVESTIGATIVE NEWS JOURNALISTS?
I didn't say there was a conspiracy that came out of your mouth.
My My the mis spellings in your post.ever look in the mirror lately. :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
“Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking...” Leo Tolstoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Health Canada tells pot growers to destroy surplus mj
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2014, 6:22 am 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: April 10th, 2006, 12:57 pm
Posts: 14266
Location: Charlottetown
saherbal wrote:
My question is what happened to all the INVESTIGATIVE NEWS JOURNALISTS?

Those investigative news journalists you are looking for, were busy doing pieces on your hero Ghadafi (sp?), and how he was butchering people in his own country ( The Fifth Estate).

Strange how once again you want MSM only when it suits your needs.

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/episodes/2011-2 ... of-secrets

Hypocrite.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Health Canada tells pot growers to destroy surplus mj
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2014, 5:32 pm 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: December 5th, 2008, 9:54 pm
Posts: 4795
Be carefull of what you wish for,especially when dealing with government. :lol:
Medical mj is what was asked for and now the government has got their hands on it.Now it is time to turn it into a revenue stream.Since one can grow it oneself for around 2 dollars a gram as to the government price of 12 a gram to buy.
Not only that,the government has the list of all legal license growers and user. So everyone on that list would have to be purchasing from government now or the government would be wondering where the buyer is getting his supply.Might raise a few red flags and be easy to be investigate.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Health Canada tells pot growers to destroy surplus mj
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2014, 7:37 pm 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: November 26th, 2006, 12:15 am
Posts: 3248
LostSole wrote:
Be carefull of what you wish for,especially when dealing with government. :lol:
Medical mj is what was asked for and now the government has got their hands on it.Now it is time to turn it into a revenue stream.Since one can grow it oneself for around 2 dollars a gram as to the government price of 12 a gram to buy.
Not only that,the government has the list of all legal license growers and user. So everyone on that list would have to be purchasing from government now or the government would be wondering where the buyer is getting his supply.Might raise a few red flags and be easy to be investigate.

I hear you on that one ,for sure.

linetwig wrote:
saherbal wrote:
My question is what happened to all the INVESTIGATIVE NEWS JOURNALISTS?

Those investigative news journalists you are looking for, were busy doing pieces on your hero Ghadafi (sp?), and how he was butchering people in his own country ( The Fifth Estate).

Strange how once again you want MSM only when it suits your needs.

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/episodes/2011-2 ... of-secrets

Hypocrite.

Omg you really ,really can't be that naive.I'm just sitting here stunned at how naive you are. It's incredible. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm GOBSMACKED (like they say in jolly old England)
You really think Canada's new is independent?

_________________
“Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking...” Leo Tolstoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Health Canada tells pot growers to destroy surplus mj
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2014, 7:41 pm 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: September 20th, 2011, 8:18 pm
Posts: 4181
saherbal wrote:
Omg you really ,really can't be that naive.I'm just sitting here stunned at how naive you are. It's incredible. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm GOBSMACKED (like they say in jolly old England)
You really think Canada's new is independent?


And yet you quote them often when you find a story that fits your narrative.
Quote:
Hypocrite.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Health Canada tells pot growers to destroy surplus mj
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2014, 7:45 pm 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: April 10th, 2006, 12:57 pm
Posts: 14266
Location: Charlottetown
saherbal wrote:
Omg you really ,really can't be that naive.I'm just sitting here stunned at how naive you are. It's incredible. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm GOBSMACKED (like they say in jolly old England)
You really think Canada's new is independent?

If there is anyone around whos naive and stunned, it would be you. The Fifth Estate is a well respected investigative news show, but, as I've pointed out before, it doesnt fit what you wish to say ( at this moment).

It does show your hero ghadfai ( sp?) for what he was, which is a weasel, tyrant, dictator and plain POS.

I'm certainly not surprised by your reaction. If however , they ran a piece saying he was mother theresa, you'd be on board.



Again, you are a hypocrite.No if's, ands or buts.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Health Canada tells pot growers to destroy surplus mj
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2014, 10:42 pm 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: November 26th, 2006, 12:15 am
Posts: 3248
Raiders wrote:
saherbal wrote:
Omg you really ,really can't be that naive.I'm just sitting here stunned at how naive you are. It's incredible. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm GOBSMACKED (like they say in jolly old England)
You really think Canada's new is independent?


And yet you quote them often when you find a story that fits your narrative.
Quote:
Hypocrite.

Every once in awhile a nugget comes out, but you can guarantee that when they let that nugget out, something else is going on to turn you head away from something bigger than that. To cause a distraction from something bigger.
You keep saying my narrative who the hell am i ruling? What mass of people am i trying to CONTROL? Your ridiculous. :lol: :lol: Go play in your sand box or kick some sand in a little girls face.

_________________
“Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking...” Leo Tolstoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Health Canada tells pot growers to destroy surplus mj
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2014, 10:50 pm 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: September 20th, 2011, 8:18 pm
Posts: 4181
saherbal wrote:
You keep saying my narrative who the hell am i ruling? What mass of people am i trying to CONTROL? Your ridiculous. :lol: :lol: Go play in your sand box or kick some sand in a little girls face.


Like I said before. Get back on your meds or get the hell off whatever illicit drugs you are on. You are really losing touch with reality.
I maintain that you are a dangerous person and the it is just a matter of time before we are reading about you on the front pages and not for any good reasons.

Get help. You are not well.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Health Canada tells pot growers to destroy surplus mj
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2014, 11:13 pm 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: November 26th, 2006, 12:15 am
Posts: 3248
linetwig wrote:
saherbal wrote:
Omg you really ,really can't be that naive.I'm just sitting here stunned at how naive you are. It's incredible. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm GOBSMACKED (like they say in jolly old England)
You really think Canada's new is independent?

If there is anyone around whos naive and stunned, it would be you. The Fifth Estate is a well respected investigative news show, but, as I've pointed out before, it doesnt fit what you wish to say ( at this moment).

It does show your hero ghadfai ( sp?) for what he was, which is a weasel, tyrant, dictator and plain POS.

I'm certainly not surprised by your reaction. If however , they ran a piece saying he was mother theresa, you'd be on board.



Again, you are a hypocrite.No if's, ands or buts.


Listen it would take me a year to research all that i wanted to to show another angle on MY HERO (LOL) as you call him. Or the truth of some of the skewed facts of that hit piece.That being said there are some facts in there but 90% of it is taken from the yew york times and US ,UK politicians. We all know they don't lie do they. They found so many weapons of MASS DESTRUCTION in Iraq didn't they. Ya right lmao.All the interests they talked about was CORP INTEREST or did you miss that multiple times.

When they showed Libya's National day how old was Gaddafi in that clip 30's maybe then they showed them stomping on US,UK and French flag,do you realize that was 2011 Gaddafi would have been in his 60's? Do you realize that?
Quote:
Lockerbie evidence 'planted by CIA'
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/lockerbie-evidence-planted-by-cia-1586487.html
Quote:
[A] number of the bereaved Lockerbie families have of necessity themselves become investigators, asking probing questions for two decades without receiving answers; they have learned sufficient forensic science to make sense of what was being presented at al-Megrahi’s trial and make up their own minds whether the prosecution of two Libyans at Camp Zeist near Utrecht was in fact a three-card trick put together for political ends.
http://lockerbiecase.blogspot.ca/2009/09/framing-of-al-megrahi.html

But they keep parroting the Libya was guilty scenario. Even some of the families don't believe that Libyan did it.To the victor writes the spoils. eh
2 examples if you really wanted the truth you 'd have to pay me for my precious time and certain you COULD NOT afford me .

I will again say the people of Libya did not deserve what the west did to them.

Look at the Benghazi situation Stevens knew too much so US had no choice but to get rid of him. Further more at the beginning of the SO called uprising Libya had no and i mean NO access to Facebook so how did it get all over Facebook from Libya?

And you think our media here in Canada can't be swayed by politicians and politics lmao you are so freaking hilarious it isn't funny. Go play in the sand box with raiders will ya.

_________________
“Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking...” Leo Tolstoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Health Canada tells pot growers to destroy surplus mj
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2014, 11:18 pm 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: November 26th, 2006, 12:15 am
Posts: 3248
Raiders wrote:
saherbal wrote:
You keep saying my narrative who the hell am i ruling? What mass of people am i trying to CONTROL? Your ridiculous. :lol: :lol: Go play in your sand box or kick some sand in a little girls face.


Like I said before. Get back on your meds or get the hell off whatever illicit drugs you are on. You are really losing touch with reality.
I maintain that you are a dangerous person and the it is just a matter of time before we are reading about you on the front pages and not for any good reasons.

Get help. You are not well.

Little do you know I've been on the front pages of the Guardian at protests. I will again be in the papers of the Guardian doing good deeds. Maybe i'll wave in the pic so you can see me and maybe NOT.lol keep looking :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
“Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking...” Leo Tolstoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Health Canada tells pot growers to destroy surplus mj
PostPosted: March 27th, 2014, 8:52 pm 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: November 26th, 2006, 12:15 am
Posts: 3248
Update!!!
Quote:
Federal Court Ruling Throws Future Of Medical Marijuana Industry Into Doubt

The promise of a billion dollar Canadian medical marijuana industry may have gone up in smoke before the market even gets off the ground.

Once projected to be worth some $1.3 billion with a customer base of nearly half a million Canadians, the emerging industry was dealt an early blow on Friday after a federal court judge granted an injunction allowing medical marijuana users to keep growing their own – at least for now.

A coalition of medical marijuana patients is expected to get the chance to argue their case – that they will not be able to afford their medicine under a new system requiring patients to buy all products from government-approved suppliers – within the next year.

While a majority of Canada’s some 40,000 current users grow their own, Health Canada estimates that the market could grow tenfold in a decade under its new system that requires purchase from commercial suppliers.

However, if a federal judge decides permanently to allow all users to grow their own supply, it will fundamentally alter the projected market.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/03/27/medical-marijuana-court-ruling_n_5042816.html?utm_hp_ref=canada-business

Ther is more to read but you get the jest of it.
This is what i mean by everything has to be Commoditized to make money for the rich to get richer. It's in the best interest for the patient to grow their own,it's not harmful, nobody is breaking their doors down to steal it. There is no harm,ONLY it's a harm because people with money able to set up these grow ops gets opted out and don't have a chance to get rich off the backs of the ill. This is disgusting in my opinion.I praise the Judge for now anyway.

_________________
“Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking...” Leo Tolstoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Health Canada tells pot growers to destroy surplus mj
PostPosted: March 29th, 2014, 10:38 am 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: December 5th, 2008, 9:54 pm
Posts: 4795
saherbal wrote:
Update!!!
Quote:
Federal Court Ruling Throws Future Of Medical Marijuana Industry Into Doubt

The promise of a billion dollar Canadian medical marijuana industry may have gone up in smoke before the market even gets off the ground.

Once projected to be worth some $1.3 billion with a customer base of nearly half a million Canadians, the emerging industry was dealt an early blow on Friday after a federal court judge granted an injunction allowing medical marijuana users to keep growing their own – at least for now.

A coalition of medical marijuana patients is expected to get the chance to argue their case – that they will not be able to afford their medicine under a new system requiring patients to buy all products from government-approved suppliers – within the next year.

While a majority of Canada’s some 40,000 current users grow their own, Health Canada estimates that the market could grow tenfold in a decade under its new system that requires purchase from commercial suppliers.

However, if a federal judge decides permanently to allow all users to grow their own supply, it will fundamentally alter the projected market.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/03/27/medical-marijuana-court-ruling_n_5042816.html?utm_hp_ref=canada-business

Ther is more to read but you get the jest of it.
This is what i mean by everything has to be Commoditized to make money for the rich to get richer. It's in the best interest for the patient to grow their own,it's not harmful, nobody is breaking their doors down to steal it. There is no harm,ONLY it's a harm because people with money able to set up these grow ops gets opted out and don't have a chance to get rich off the backs of the ill. This is disgusting in my opinion.I praise the Judge for now anyway.


A few might be lucky enough to get grandfather in but everyone one from this day forward will not.The only way i can see this to be a profitable business is to issue more licenses to posses if all are grandfathered in.
Now since the the ones who are grandfathered in are growing their own supply ,who will be purchasing from the new grow-ops?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group