* Login 

Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Supper 25 Cent Wings at Hunter's Ale House for $0.25 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Caps on the move?
PostPosted: June 4th, 2013, 11:45 am 
Site Admin (volunteer)

http://www.theguardian.pe.ca/Sports/Hoc ... t-a-home/1

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Caps on the move?
PostPosted: June 4th, 2013, 12:42 pm 

This is nothing more than yet another bulling tactic from the Western Capitals to get everything for nothing at the expense of minor hockey. Minor hockey year after year loses more ice time to the Caps and Storm, yet pay more for the use of the ice time than both organizations.

I hate to lose the Caps or the Storm, but really can we keep giving away the farm to keep the animals at the trough?

Never hold your farts in. They travel to your brain and that's where shitty ideas come from.

PostPosted: June 4th, 2013, 1:08 pm 
Site Admin (volunteer)

view wrote:
This is nothing more than yet another bulling tactic from the Western Capitals

I doubt that it is less a bullying tactic and more about finding a way to keep the team afloat after 8 straight years of losing money.

Didn't I read a story recently about how the Caps hosting the RBC Cup had added over 2 million dollars to Summerside's economy? That has to be worth something.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: June 5th, 2013, 5:27 pm 

kreskin wrote:
view wrote:
This is nothing more than yet another bulling tactic from the Western Capitals

I doubt that it is less a bullying tactic and more about finding a way to keep the team afloat after 8 straight years of losing money.

Didn't I read a story recently about how the Caps hosting the RBC Cup had added over 2 million dollars to Summerside's economy? That has to be worth something.

That is part of the problem. The City gave the Caps a "one time" deal for this season because of the RBC cup run. The Caps want that back plus new incentives which neither the City nor Credit Union Place can afford.

It could be many many years before the RBC Cup ever returns to Summerside, if it ever does, so we cannot keep feeding the Caps losses through further losses to the City & Credit union Place.

The Caps wouldn't be losing as much money as they have been if the controlled their expenses. Some of the waste would scare you. Why as taxpayers should residents have to pay those.

I would support additional grants to the Western Capitals if it returns to a Community owned team.

Never hold your farts in. They travel to your brain and that's where shitty ideas come from.