* Login 

Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Lunch Bacon & Clam Chowder at Casa Mia Cafe for $4.95 [Remind Me]

Lunch The Great Canadian Hand Carved Sandwich at Chartwells UPEI for $5.99 [Remind Me]

Lunch Chicken wings & Chips at Casa Mia Cafe for $9.95 [Remind Me]

Supper WING NIGHT!!! at The Old Triangle Irish Alehouse for $0.35 [Remind Me]

Supper Endless Baby Back Ribs at Hunter's Ale House for $22.99 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Beef Pot Pie or Veggie Pot Pie at Beanz Espresso Bar for $9.10 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Re: Redwater Charlottetown
PostPosted: October 3rd, 2011, 12:56 pm 
Almost an Islander

Four of us went there for lunch recently. The food was mostly good, except a friend's sweet potato fries arrived already cold. My seafood chowder was delicious but paying $3.75 for an English Breakfast tea is a bit unreasonable. We found everything very costly but service was excellent. They will price themselves right out of the market.

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2011, 1:07 pm 
True Islander

It's Just My Opinion wrote:
They will price themselves right out of the market.

I doubt it. A lot of restaurants that are located in hotels have inflated prices. But they can probably rely on a steady stream of hotel customers to keep them going.

Would this be a good place to hold a meeting of about five people?

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2011, 3:41 pm 

It's Just My Opinion wrote:
but paying $3.75 for an English Breakfast tea is a bit unreasonable.

whaaaat!!!!! That's insane.

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2011, 3:47 pm 
True Islander

cpl of years ago at the airport hotel in toronto, my wife got a late flight in and was hungry. at that hour all they could offer her was a bottle of water, a ceaser salad and a wrap.

cost her 35.00.

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2011, 8:41 pm 

Went tonight with my husband and my in-law siblings. Fantastic!

Loved the decor - very mature, lovely, modern. Husband liked they had sports on the TV over the bar area, heh.

Booths sat the 5 of us comfortably, very comfortably.

I ordered the 6oz tenderloin, with the green peppercorn sauce, beets & bok choy as my two sides. Drool worthy. Steak was ordered medium rare, and came out perfect. I ordered two glasses of a Riesling (can't recall the name, was $7.50 a glass, and it was a good size pouring), also very good. I like the wine glasses with the R on it!

We had ordered the smoked brie for an app, and everyone but me loved it. It was good for a smoked cheese, but i'm just not huge on smoked brie.

Other dishes ordered included the chowder, the tomato salad, the new york steak, another 6oz, and the lamb risotto. All dishes were enjoyed. My brother in law, however, found the risotto too salty for his taste, and mentioned it when the server came by. She quickly offered him an alternate dish (he opted for the salmon dish) & the risotto was taken off the bill. I take the manager stopped by to make sure things were great (they were), and we were all left very happy.

Definitely would recommend this spot for a nice evening out with friends (get a booth!) or for a nice night out alone with a loved one. Would like to try them for lunch!

Service, food & ambiance get a 10/10 from me! :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: December 27th, 2011, 9:05 pm 

Went for lunch last week. Very good.

Had the magarita lime chicken tacos for an app. Were really tasty but a little awkward to eat.

Had the burger with side salad and my brother had the steak sandwich with fries. Both were very good. Steak on sandwich was excellent. Perfectly medium rare, extremely tender and flavorful. Bread was a little over toasted but not enough to ruin it. Fries aren't hand cut but are good quality. Burger was Huge, very flavorful with creative garnishes. Salad a nice change from the standard garden salad with toasted pumpkins seeds and I believe a maple vinaigrette, great flavors and a generous portion. Good selection of wines both by bottle or by the glass.

Service was top notch from start to finish. Server made helpful, well informed recommendations when asked. Perfectly timed delivery of drinks, app, main & bill. With the quality of steak used on the steak sandwich, I am confident their other steak offerings are excellent.

Good menu, look forward to trying more items. The lunch/pub type menu is also available in the evenings which allows you to enjoy dinner there and still have the less expensive choices available. The "naked entrees" are a cool concept. You pick your meat or fish, then one of five or six sides, and one of three or four sauces.

The restaurant is beautiful. Pleasant music and lighting, comfortable seating in the mixture of tables and booths - an overall enjoyable atmosphere.

Recommend Redwater and will visit again soon.

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2012, 1:49 pm 
Tourist

I finally got around to eating here yesterday for lunch after hearing people say how much they enjoyed the food.

The service was great, no complaints there and the decor was lovely and modern.

I thought the food was fantastic and the prices were comparable to other restaurants in the area. I had the half-order of fish and chips ($9). The piece of fish was enormous and very tasty! The fries were quite possibly the best fries I've ever tasted. Everyone at my table helped me eat them and we all raved about them.

The other people dining with me had the Chicken Pappardelle ($9) which was very tasty and a generous amount to be considered a half-order and the Smoked Brisket Rueben sandwich with sweet potato fries ($14).

Everyone loved their meals and they were presented nicely. The only complaint we had was no bread was included with the pasta dish or at the table. Of course, this is minor but with the decor and level of service I expected some fresh bread or rolls to be served while we waited for our meals. Maybe this is something done only at dinner time...? (or maybe I'm being picky)

Make sure you leave room for dessert! We all had the Deep Fried Blueberry Pie ($8). What a dessert! When we ordered it our waiter told us it would take 13 minutes to prepare but it was worth the wait and boy was he right! The pie was sprinkled with granulated sugar and filled with warm beautiful blueberry filling. It was garnished with a scoop of delicious vanilla ice cream and crushed peanut brittle. The ice cream and peanut brittle could have been a dessert all by itself, it was really good!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2012, 2:19 pm 
Almost an Islander

IslanderByChoice1 - your review makes me want to go back there again, soon! =D>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2012, 4:32 pm 
Almost an Islander

My wife and I have yet to give this spot a try - but it will definitely be on our to do list this for this month due to the great reviews on here.

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2012, 7:53 pm 
Almost an Islander

IslanderByChoice1 wrote:

The only complaint we had was no bread was included with the pasta dish or at the table. Of course, this is minor but with the decor and level of service I expected some fresh bread or rolls to be served while we waited for our meals. Maybe this is something done only at dinner time...? (or maybe I'm being picky)

Hey! I actually asked about this. Bread is available at lunch time at Red Water upon request. At dinner it is always supplied to guests. People tend to eat less bread at lunch time.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: April 18th, 2013, 6:20 pm 
True Islander

Went here last night for some burger love. Went in the restaurant @ 6 pm. seated then. Place was full, but no line ups.

Waiter came and offered us water, explained the specials, and left. After about 5 minutes, he came back, we ordered burger love, and an app.

App came out about ten to seven. Not impressed. @ 7 10, I said to my wife we were leaving in 5 minutes. @ 7 20, I called the waiter over and asked for the bill for the 2 cokes and the app. He replied that our meal was almost ready. I replied to give us our bill. The manager returned with the bill, her apologies, and the burgers wrapped to go. Replied we didnt want the burgers and had to go.

She comped the meal and apologized. They handled this very well, and very professionaly.

We've heard mixed reviews on the service, and this review tends to mirror what we heard.

We will not be returning.

PostPosted: September 24th, 2013, 12:08 pm 

Took my Fiancee to RedWater last night for dinner.

The hostess wasn't very friendly, either having a bad day or just isn't very friendly in general.

Our waitress was great on the other hand, nice young girl who was quick and helped us out with the menu.

Apps, dessert and drinks were top notch. We ordered Chicken Pappardelle as an entree and were underwhelmed by it. It wasn't necessarily a bad dish but was definitely lacking some flavor especially for a higher end restaurant.

Atmosphere was nice, good lighting & decor, quiet, clean and comfortable. Overall I enjoyed the experience but wish the entree was better, perhaps it just wasn't for us but I anticipated better. Will probably go back and try some of their other entrees and/or flat breads at some point though.

Meal was just a hair under $100 for two. Two apps, two glasses of wine, two entrees and two desserts

PostPosted: December 1st, 2013, 1:21 am 
Almost an Islander

Love, love, LOVE this place! Redwater is one of the only restaurants in Charlottetown, besides Churchill Arms, Buona Mangia and Cedars, I will go to. Service is always 10/10 and the food is top notch.
I took my father for lunch for his birthday on Friday, he had the grilled veggie pannini with sweet potato fries and I had the romaine heart salad and the meatballs. So gooooood! When I mentioned to the server that is was Dad's birthday, they brought him out the house version of a banana split. Dad was delighted!
If you haven't been here lately, you are missing out on one of the best restaurants in Charlottetown.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: July 5th, 2015, 2:44 pm 
Tourist

I have been to this restaurant several times.

The service is outstanding.

I also enjoy the atmosphere, so I am sorry to record a few complaints regarding the food:

The appetizers tend to be over-salted to the point that I have been unable to eat them (and I am a big salt lover).

Even worse . .. the last time I went there for lunch, I was happy to see "brisket" sandwich on the menu ...

But to my disappointment, the sandwich I received was not brisket, but pastrami. (please, the two are VERY different ....)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: July 6th, 2015, 9:26 am 
Tourist

P.S #-o . I should not have neglected to say, in my previous comment, that on the whole the food at the Redwater is very good indeed.

Profile E-mail