* Login 

Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Supper Martini Mondays at The Old Triangle Irish Alehouse for $5.00 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Monday Lunch Special at Beanz Espresso Bar for $9.80 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special GamJa-tang(Pork bone on the soup) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $12.89 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Redwater Charlottetown
PostPosted: September 7th, 2011, 7:54 pm 

Anyone been here yet? Planning to try it soon but would love to hear your experiences!

Post subject: Re: Redwater Charlottetown
PostPosted: September 8th, 2011, 8:43 am 
Almost an Islander

I think I'll be going there in the next couple of days, I will post a review, if I do. I've been looking forward to trying them out ever since they opened.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: September 8th, 2011, 8:49 am 

Where is it?

PostPosted: September 8th, 2011, 10:01 am 
True Islander

sawguy wrote:
Where is it?

http://www.redwatergrille.com/charlottetown/contact

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: September 8th, 2011, 10:14 am 
Tourist

I found some things on the menu to be a little pricey but we were satisfied with our meal.
Came with compl. bread first and we had the classic steamed mussles very tasty
More coml. bread and delish butter
Wife had 1/2 order chicken pappardelle (pasta) said it was best she ever tasted.
I had 1/2 seafod cavatappi (pasta) yummers.
Waitress was fantastic except for a little wait on drinks. Will be going back

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: September 8th, 2011, 11:32 am 
True Islander

alberta beef?

whats wrong with island beef?

PostPosted: September 8th, 2011, 11:35 am 
True Islander

Maybe because they seem to be an Alberta based company.

Shame - that's a no go for me.

Phil

At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them".

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: September 8th, 2011, 11:40 am 
Almost an Islander

linetwig wrote:
alberta beef?

whats wrong with island beef?

They're an Alberta restaurant, and Alberta is known for their beef, the same way PEI is known for our potatoes.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: September 8th, 2011, 2:22 pm 
Newly Created Account

Alberta may be known for its beef but Island beef is better. It has to do with how the cows are selected for slaughter, the mix of wild grass they eat in the summer containing clover and whatever else is in the field. In general the smaller farms are better able to control the cattle. It is important to support your neighbors and local farmers when there is a choice, especially when that choice is a better product. I'll be curious to hear what Mark McEwen has to say about Island beef as he is a beef guy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: September 8th, 2011, 3:00 pm 
Site Admin (volunteer)

RAM79 wrote:
I'll be curious to hear what Mark McEwen has to say about Island beef as he is a beef guy.

Will you be at the Beef n' Blues event tomorrow in Summerside that features Mark McEwen?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: September 8th, 2011, 3:19 pm 
Almost an Islander

RAM79 wrote:
Alberta may be known for its beef but Island beef is better. It has to do with how the cows are selected for slaughter, the mix of wild grass they eat in the summer containing clover and whatever else is in the field. In general the smaller farms are better able to control the cattle. It is important to support your neighbors and local farmers when there is a choice, especially when that choice is a better product. I'll be curious to hear what Mark McEwen has to say about Island beef as he is a beef guy.

I usually stick with buying local, but I'm still looking forward to trying this restaurant :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: September 8th, 2011, 3:52 pm 

Quote:

I lived in Alberta for a number of years and found their beef to be excellent..I also find Island beef very good as well..saying one is better then the other is just personal preference..you sound like it's a known fact that Island beef is better

PostPosted: September 8th, 2011, 5:11 pm 
Tourist

Been there for an early opening and now a lunch. Not bad. For lunch, split a couple of appetizers (tacos and crab cakes) - both were decent, although a little cold. Also had the Hawaiian pizza during the opening and split the sausage pizza during lunch, both of which were delicious. Service still has to work out kinks. Cost is maybe a bit on the upper end but not unreasonable for this type of restaurant.

PostPosted: September 10th, 2011, 5:06 pm 
Newly Created Account

[/quote]

I lived in Alberta for a number of years and found their beef to be excellent..I also find Island beef very good as well..saying one is better then the other is just personal preference..you sound like it's a known fact that Island beef is better[/quote]

Well I wouldn't say it is a known fact, that is why we are having this discussion. I have looked at numerous cuts of beef and an Island tenderloin generally has way more marbling (yes, I said tenderloin and marbling) than the Western cuts. The reasons that I given above make sense don't they? Of course some people prefer a well done steak, some prefer it medium rare, what you like is what you like. Just make sure that you like it for the right reasons and not a marketing campaign. The just of it is, if you say "Western Beef is excellent and Island Beef very good as well", why not support your local industry and not pay for the price of western marketing and shipping costs. Here are some more people that agree with me http://goodfoodrevolution.wordpress.com ... -e-i-beef/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: September 11th, 2011, 1:28 am 

I do support local, never said i didn't..I buy nothing but local when i'm on the Island

your post made it seem like Island beef is better then Alberta beef, no questions asked..I am just saying that it's a matter of personal preference..Ask someone from Alberta who has better beef, i'm sure they won't say PEI cause our cows eat clover and only those that s#!t out lavender are selected for slaughter

PostPosted: September 12th, 2011, 11:41 am 
Tourist

Very good restaurant with exceptional staff ... a bit on the pricey side but you get what you pay for.
The decor is sleek, inviting and has lots of booths. The wine list is extensive and covers all regions ... and they are refining it to reflect local tastes.
Service was superb ... friendly, attentive without being intrusive and they were very busy so we were impressed that they were on top of the orders.
The food ... an order fo the pork chop and one of the shrimp/scallop was seasoned to perfection and presented well.
The staff have started well and Redwater's is a welcome addition to the PEI fine dining scene.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: September 15th, 2011, 7:57 am 
Almost an Islander

Viking17 wrote:
Very good restaurant with exceptional staff ... a bit on the pricey side but you get what you pay for.
The decor is sleek, inviting and has lots of booths. The wine list is extensive and covers all regions ... and they are refining it to reflect local tastes.
Service was superb ... friendly, attentive without being intrusive and they were very busy so we were impressed that they were on top of the orders.
The food ... an order fo the pork chop and one of the shrimp/scallop was seasoned to perfection and presented well.
The staff have started well and Redwater's is a welcome addition to the PEI fine dining scene.

Do you work there?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: September 16th, 2011, 8:01 am 
Tourist

No ... and I do not personally know any of the staff.
We were just happy patrons who enjoyed a fine meal with great service.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2011, 10:23 am 

Does Homburg own it or are they independant and just renting space in the hotel?

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2011, 1:24 pm 
True Islander

alandla wrote:
Does Homburg own it or are they independant and just renting space in the hotel?

The restaurant is a chain restaurant based in Calgary.
http://www.redwatergrille.com/