Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Lunch Fajita Friday at Chartwells UPEI for $5.29 [Remind Me]

Lunch Roast Turkey Buffet at Rodd Charlottetown for $13.99 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Hello board gamers!
PostPosted: March 28th, 2010, 1:38 pm 

Good day there everyone! Never knew this website existed until last night.

Any active board gamers around here? I saw another board game topic but it was ancient so a new one may spark renewed interest.

My interest is mainly the German/European board games. Started with Settlers of Catan with my brother, uncle, and cousins then moved on from there. I own Arkadia, Settlers of the Stone Age, and Domaine. Others I've liked over the years are Peurto Rico, Tirgris & Euphrates, Ticket to Ride, and Hacienda.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Hello board gamers!
PostPosted: March 28th, 2010, 2:10 pm 

I like to get a good game of Axis and Allies going from time to time. Hard to find players willing to play a boardgame for 8 hours

PostPosted: June 13th, 2010, 11:36 am 
Newly Created Account

Hey, bit of a thread necro here, but are you still interested in some board games? My girlfriend and I recently moved here and are looking for some people to play board games with. We mostly played Catan and Puerto Rico, but are open to learn others.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: April 15th, 2011, 1:21 pm 
Tourist

I'm a gamer too, or I'd like to be more of one, if I could find others interested in games outside the Monopoly variety. This is an older trhead, but I thought it would be worth seeing if anyone still checks it, and would be interested in seeing about starting some kind of gaming group, or at the very least, a discussion on board gaming.

PostPosted: April 15th, 2011, 3:51 pm 
Almost an Islander

I love board games, especially word related, but always up to trying something new! Where are you located? I'm in the Charlottetown area, and now that classes are over I'd definitely be interested in joining a group.

PostPosted: April 15th, 2011, 7:54 pm 
Tourist

Aryanna, you might really enjoy "What's My Word". They have a couple copies left at Owl's Hollow.

It's a really great two-player word guessing game.

I'm located in Montague, so I'm a bit away. I was hoping to find some people local to my area, so that I could get something started and then be able to extend invitations to people outside my area, but it's hard to find people. There's got to be some gamers out there. I see the games being stocked and sold at Owl's Hollow and the comic stors around there. Where are they all??

I like a lot of different games. Eurogames (like Settlers and Carcassonne), or Ameritrash games like Descent, D&D board games, etc and party games.

PostPosted: April 21st, 2011, 10:05 pm 

Hey there.

I've been severely lacking in the board gaming lately. Haven't played any since my cousins were home for Christmas.

I'm still interested in finding more gamers, so if anyone would like to to get a group together some time let me know. I more or less live in the Charlottetown area.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: April 21st, 2011, 10:35 pm 
Tourist

I live in Montague, but wouldnt be against the idea of traveling a little to be able to enjoy some games. I'm calling it a night here, but maybe tomorrow we can get a few ideas started about how to start a gaming group. This needs to happen!

PostPosted: April 25th, 2011, 9:33 am 
Tourist

I've actually gotten quite a bit of gaming in lately. Here's what I've managed to rope friends and family into playing:

Carcassonne
Small World
D&D Board Game: Wrath Of Ashardalon
Forbidden Island
Gosu
& Castle Panic

You can find all of these at Board Game Geek (if you haven't been to that site, it's a great place to read reviews about game, etc).

I've played all of these within the last week pretty much. The struggle, is that it's usually 1 play per session, and it would be fun to play a game through a few times. Figure out strategies... get "better" at the game, etc.

It seems to me, that in order to get a gaming group started, you need to find people who have a similar interest in the games being played (at least at the start, when it is a smaller group), then you need a location to play and then you need a time that everyone can meet.

And really, for the people part, you don't need them to already enjoy the games... just be willing to learn. I love to teach rules to games... it's finding willing participants which can be hard - and generally thats only because they don't know of games outside Monopoly and Risk.

PostPosted: April 29th, 2011, 7:33 am 

I have Domaine, Settlers of the Stone Age, Arkadia, and Power Grid if anyone wants to try those. :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: August 26th, 2013, 7:02 pm 
Newly Created Account

Stratford We Play Games Game Club(not video games) is starting in Sept 2013

Profile E-mail