* Register

* Login 

Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
PostPosted: December 2nd, 2008, 4:23 pm 

My daughter and I just finished reading the final book in the series (which has 13). I highly recommend these books, as they tell a great story, keep you at the edge of your seat...and have an incredible ability to broaden your child's vocabulary. The books are $13.99 each at Indigo..(although I have found a couple at the used book store on Queen St.) but worth every penny!!

The books are about three orphans (Violet, Klaus, and Sunny Baudelaire) who's parents have perished in a fire. They are heirs to a fortune which they are receive when they become of age. During the course of a couple of years, the children are handed off to numerous guardians, of whom seem to be worse than the previous. The whole time they are being tracked down by the evil Count Olaf, who is seeking their fortune...no matter what he has to do to get it!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 2nd, 2008, 4:48 pm 
True Islander

I watched the Movie. Was good.

I'd look funny buying the books, given my child free status :)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 2nd, 2008, 5:43 pm 

Haha..

The books can be enjoyed at any age...even without children!! However, I'm sure you could offer free babysitting services....there may be some SINGLE women with children who may enjoy the books?? 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 2nd, 2008, 5:54 pm 
True Islander

Ohhhh yeah. I learned one can use kids to meet women (by watching 2 & 1/2 Men) :) :)

Seriously. I read the "Little House on the Prairie" series and reread all the Anne books as an adult. Kids books can be fun :)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 2nd, 2008, 6:12 pm 
Ed The Sock wrote:
Seriously. I read the "Little House on the Prairie" series and reread all the Anne books as an adult. Kids books can be fun :)

I'd say I read "LIttle House" series before you Ed....but you have a good 30 years on me. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 2nd, 2008, 6:43 pm 
True Islander

kratz wrote:
Ed The Sock wrote:

I'd say I read "LIttle House" series before you Ed....but you have a good 30 years on me. :oops:

I read it around 1980. You'd have been fairly young :)

Profile E-mail