* Login 

Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Supper 25 Cent Wings at Hunter's Ale House for $0.25 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Hi all from Ontario
PostPosted: July 30th, 2008, 10:27 am 
Tourist

Hello everyone. Just dropping in to introduce myself. We are going to be visiting your lovely island in September. The trip will be two fold, a bit of a vacation and a drive around to see where we eventually, will be living next year :) We are intending on relocating down there next year, all going well, and providing our house sells in the spring. I visited Pei many years ago, but it was in the winter, so I'm looking forward to seeing it without snow on the ground. I've been lurking around this forum for some time now, and figured it was about time I came on to say hi to you all. So, big HI!!!!!! Take care, Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 30th, 2008, 10:56 am 

G'day Mike and welcome. If the winter didn't change your mind you'll love the summers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 30th, 2008, 11:02 am 
Hi Mike, welcome ....

and yes people .. I noticed the WE ...

...you will find we are all harmless, and full of information and various opinions ... so welcome and let us know how you enjoy your visit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 30th, 2008, 11:05 am 
Almost an Islander

Hello Mike you have quite a task ahead of you trying to find the right view of where you want to live here, with so many picturesque views around it wont be easy but I'm sure you will have a great time trying to find your special place good luck and if anyone can be of any help were here just ask.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 30th, 2008, 11:22 am 

singlecougar wrote:
Hi Mike, welcome ....

and yes people .. I noticed the WE ...

...you will find we are all harmless, and full of information and various opinions ... so welcome and let us know how you enjoy your visit.

so quick to pounce, singlecougar :wink:

Mike and other half of the "WE" Welcome . Where are you hoping to live?

the right thing at the right time,
But also to leave unsaid the wrong thing
at the tempting moment. "

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 30th, 2008, 11:23 am 
True Islander

shirelane.ca

Nice lot's and a house for sale here! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 30th, 2008, 11:52 am 
Tourist

thanks all for the warm welcome :) really looking forward to getting down there to check the place out. presently we live in rural ontario, out in the boonies so to speak. hopefully we will be able to find somewhere similar. not in the city so to speak, but not too far from it either. my wife is a nurse, and will be seeking some employment when we get down there, so we need to be a reasonable commuting distance for her from wherever she finds employment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 30th, 2008, 5:34 pm 
True Islander

Welcome aboard!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 30th, 2008, 8:26 pm 
Almost an Islander

Welcome Mike and company.

I was a long time lurker from another province, and I remember my first post here; it meant that things were really happening! A big move is very exciting.

Be sure to keep us posted on your progress.

Good luck and enjoy!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Welcome to PEI
PostPosted: July 30th, 2008, 9:24 pm 

Hi Mike and family:
Welcome to our Island, and I am sure you will find it friendly, and a really nice place to live. Your wife should have no problem in getting a nursing job. She should check out the Queen Elizabeth Hospital or Prince County in Summerside first to see if they have openings.

We golf and we meet many visitors to PEI. Lately we have met former Islanders who have moved back home to retire, and people like yourself, who were here previously and decided to relocate. We have also met many people from out west who have sold their higher priced homes and moved down east to the Maritimes and PEI. They tell us that they just LOVE it, so I hope your experience will be the same. Be sure and check out PEI's Government website and view MLS properties on line. There are lots of areas around Charlottetown that are priced reasonably and we have great communities that are involved and active.

Good luck with your move.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 30th, 2008, 11:04 pm 

Last year when the wife and I parachuted onto the island we spent about a good solid 3 weeks of doing pretty much nothing but driving around the island. We would use MLS to line up a bunch of interesting houses in an quadrant of the island and then go for a drive and check the area out and the properties out from the curb and then talk to our realtor about seeing any houses that really caught our eye.

I think it is interesting to note that the areas we liked best on our previous visits to the island and thought that is where we would end up settling, turned up not to be the place at all. Fell in love with a different area we hadnt even considered!

Great realtor helped a lot, specially with us not knowing the island. He didnt steer us in any direction, just provided helpful feedback to our questions and open discussions.

Cul

Post subject: Where ya from?
PostPosted: July 30th, 2008, 11:42 pm 
Almost an Islander

So, CFA Mike.. where y'all from? You should know now that when you get to PEI, that's something that EVERYONE will NEED to know. The "sticks" of Ontario is not quite specific enough for us Islanders. Timmins? Goderich? Wingham? AND we'll need to know any family connections you may have here in PEI.
We are a friendly lot and you'll be welcomed with the greatest of hospitality and a plethora of personal questions.. it's the "Island Way".

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 31st, 2008, 12:17 am 
Cameraguy is a CFA ... I dont know any Islander that would use the word plethora !!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 31st, 2008, 7:58 am 
Tourist

Morning All :) I'm glad I lurked around here for a while so terms like CFA don't take me by surprise lol To fill in some of the blanks, we live near the small town of Madoc, Ontario. Which is just north of Belleville, east of Peterborough. As for the family connection, closest I come is my sister-in-law. Her parents are from PEI and still have family down there. I dated a girl from Charlottetown many moons ago. She is the one that introduced me to the island, and frankly I fell in love with it. And her, but that's another story lol Needless to say, I lost the girl but gained an admiration of PEI. I'm a mechanic by trade, wife is a nurse, and we've been tossing this idea around for years now. Kids are off to school, and the time has come.
We are going to drop by a real estate office when we are down there, hopefully establish a connection with a good agent. If you guys have any suggestions in that regard, I'd really appreciate it. You can PM if that's a more appropriate way of giving out names.
At this point, I've got so many things to ask and talk about, but still got lots of time too though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 1st, 2008, 1:50 pm 
Almost an Islander

mikej,

If your wife is a nurse, go to the Government of PEI website, and find the section about jobs, and then request to be e-mailed about any job openings.

I did that, and I swear, I get three e-mails a week about Nursing opening on the Island. And I'm not even a nurse!!

Anyway, it's funny to see you on here, because I'm you.... in the future! I live in Belleville, at least until this time tomorrow.

My family is packed up, and we're moving back to the Island! Can't wait!!

All the best!

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 1st, 2008, 6:17 pm 

Hey coug I resent the remark about Islanders not using the word plethora-- I even know someone who HAD plethora once but penicillin took care of it... :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 12th, 2008, 2:38 pm 
Almost an Islander

mikej wrote:
Morning All :) I'm glad I lurked around here for a while so terms like CFA don't take me by surprise lol To fill in some of the blanks, we live near the small town of Madoc, Ontario. Which is just north of Belleville, east of Peterborough. As for the family connection, closest I come is my sister-in-law. Her parents are from PEI and still have family down there. I dated a girl from Charlottetown many moons ago. She is the one that introduced me to the island, and frankly I fell in love with it. And her, but that's another story lol Needless to say, I lost the girl but gained an admiration of PEI. I'm a mechanic by trade, wife is a nurse, and we've been tossing this idea around for years now. Kids are off to school, and the time has come.
We are going to drop by a real estate office when we are down there, hopefully establish a connection with a good agent. If you guys have any suggestions in that regard, I'd really appreciate it. You can PM if that's a more appropriate way of giving out names.
At this point, I've got so many things to ask and talk about, but still got lots of time too though.

Madoc??

NORTH of 7? lol

just kidding, of course! I've lived in Belleville for about 7 years, and am currently in either PEI or Quinte region, depending on the given day and frame of mind!!!

I'll PM you, have a nice house for sale, and some building lots, depending on what interests you. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 12th, 2008, 2:47 pm 

cramsay wrote:
Hey coug I resent the remark about Islanders not using the word plethora-- I even know someone who HAD plethora once but penicillin took care of it... :lol:

hahahahahahaha

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 12th, 2008, 3:37 pm 
True Islander

cramsay wrote:

needed vancomycin to get rid of mine.. was resistant... :wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: moving from Ontario
PostPosted: July 29th, 2013, 1:24 pm 
Newly Created Account

Hi all,

I will be moving to pei with my husband and 2 daughters(13 and 15). We are looking to be within 10 minutes of Charlottetown can anyone recommend a nice neighborhood and good schools? Any help is appreciated.

Profile E-mail