* Login 

Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Lunch Bacon & Clam Chowder at Casa Mia Cafe for $4.95 [Remind Me]

Lunch The Great Canadian Hand Carved Sandwich at Chartwells UPEI for $5.99 [Remind Me]

Lunch Chicken wings & Chips at Casa Mia Cafe for $9.95 [Remind Me]

Supper WING NIGHT!!! at The Old Triangle Irish Alehouse for $0.35 [Remind Me]

Supper Endless Baby Back Ribs at Hunter's Ale House for $22.99 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Beef Pot Pie or Veggie Pot Pie at Beanz Espresso Bar for $9.10 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Mexico Lindo
PostPosted: April 19th, 2004, 4:16 pm 

i went here too on the weekend (and i swear, i'm not fat or overweight, i just enjoy eating out a lot!)

i love it here. i've only been here a couple times, and it's so neat inside. nice bright colors, awesome wall coverings. very nice host (can't remember his name) and the chef came out to ask my friend about his wings (they were EXTREMELY hot, chef came out to check his temperature hahha) i had cream of broccolli soup, mmmm.. the wings (which i stole a few hehe) were sooo hot..i've never had hot wings like that..and i like them fiery!

again, i'd like to go here and try their dinner menu, and not just get apps! has anyone else experienced their dinner menu? i love the atmosphere, so it wins points from me for that alone!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 24th, 2004, 12:46 pm 
Newly Created Account

I went there 6-8 months ago and was grossed out by how dirty it was. I am quite tolerant about a restaurant having "todays dirt", but when it is from last week or last month, "I'm outta here". Will never go back!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 24th, 2004, 12:51 pm 
Seems as though this place has closed.....

Never nice to see people go out of business

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 24th, 2004, 4:23 pm 
Almost an Islander

from the last time I was there the place they had the resteraunt was in was being sold by the owner and they were looking for another place to set up shop. I truly hope the aren't gone for good. I enjoyed going there when in Ch'town....PEI needs more mexican food places.

Post subject: fried ice cream
PostPosted: September 15th, 2008, 12:12 am 
Newly Created Account

i know its been long closed but it was a fantastic place. food was amazing, well priced, the owners were very attentive to the customers in the dining room. and the fried ice cream is veryvery missed.
are there any mexican food restaurants on pei now?

Post subject: Re: fried ice cream
PostPosted: September 15th, 2008, 9:53 am 

iamjesusnerpples wrote:
i know its been long closed but it was a fantastic place. food was amazing, well priced, the owners were very attentive to the customers in the dining room. and the fried ice cream is veryvery missed.

Pat n' Willys, Kent St downtown chtown.

PostPosted: September 16th, 2008, 10:20 am 
True Islander

G-Unit .. wrote:
iamjesusnerpples wrote:

I wouldn't quite call Pat n' Willys a Mexican restaurant, but that is as close as you'll get now.

PostPosted: September 16th, 2008, 12:12 pm 
Almost an Islander

craiger wrote:
G-Unit .. wrote:
iamjesusnerpples wrote:

I wouldn't quite call Pat n' Willys a Mexican restaurant, but that is as close as you'll get now.

I agree with craiger on this one. I wouldnt call them Mexican restaurant either...but as far as anything on the island thats it unfortunatly.

Mexico Lindo was the best place to get authenic mexican food but sad to say not enough people on PEI agree with mexican food. always the fried this and that. *sigh*

Complaining is good for you as long as you're not complaining to the person you're complaining about.

Post subject: Re: Mexico Lindo
PostPosted: February 28th, 2013, 10:44 am 

I believe we have another Mexican option in town now. Only Take-out for now on a couple day's a week. I suspect they are possibly the operators of Mexico Lindo but cannot confirm.

Search for La Sazon de Mexico on Facebook? Operating out of their house for now

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 1st, 2013, 9:04 am 
Almost an Islander

tlscott wrote:
I believe we have another Mexican option in town now. Only Take-out for now on a couple day's a week. I suspect they are possibly the operators of Mexico Lindo but cannot confirm.

Search for La Sazon de Mexico on Facebook? Operating out of their house for now

I'll have to try to find them - Mexican is my favourite food, and I've been missing it so much. Tired of making my own at home :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 1st, 2013, 9:42 am 
Site Admin (volunteer)

So you call in an order and pick it up at their house????

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 1st, 2013, 10:20 am 

exactly they live at 41 Ellen Creek Drive just off of Beach Grove Road. Search for La Sazon De Mexico on Facebook and you can see some pictures of recent specials. Can't wait until tomorrow!!

I think they are at the Farmer's market as well.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 4th, 2013, 9:03 am 

So

Called in my order on Saturday about 4:00. They had Green Enchiladas and Steak and Onion Tacos. I ordered one of each. The Steak Taco's came with Rice and something they call Wacamole. Similar to Quacamole but more tomatoes and onions. The Enchiladas came with Rice and Refried Beans with Goat cheese I think on top. The Beans and Cheese were fantastic.

Both combo's were excellent. I really liked the Salsa which reminded me of the Pico De Gallo that we used to get at Pat & Willy's. all the side's were really tasty as well. Definately had the feel and flavour of Mexico.

The downside was getting hot food. I guess if I had eaten in the driveway of the house it might of been OK. You really need to make plans to heat it up somewhere or pull off to the side of the road and dig in as soon as you get it.

Still very good and well worth the $10 dollar's. I might be back on Wednesday.

Terry

Profile E-mail