Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: By The Bay Restaurant - North Rustico
PostPosted: April 15th, 2007, 4:50 pm 

The "Best Pizza in Charlottetown" Thread got me thinking of this place - cause they have the worst. I have had their pizza several times (not by my own choice, but because people I was with wanted pizza and it's the only place in the Rustico area for it)

Speaking of the raw dough (in the pizza thread) it seems like the pizzas at by the bay are in the oven at like 1000 degrees for about 1 minute. The crust is often a bit overdone, and the dough.. especially the closer to the middle you get is literally raw all the way through. I don't know how the cooks let this happen, but it's SO bad. I like when places are generous, but they go so overboard on the cheese, its all you really taste - and come to think of it might be part of the reason for the dough being so raw underneath. There are absolutely no spices anywhere to be found on the pizza (not even a pinch of oregano) and the toppings they use are tasteless IMO.

Has anyone else ever tried the pizza here?
Tried anything else from their menu?
Thoughts?

I really think there should be some kinda PSA to people who cook pizza - TURN YOURS OVENS DOWN AND LEAVE IT IN FOR A BIT LONGER, the raw dough is GROSS.

haha thanks for listening to my rant

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 2nd, 2007, 9:11 pm 
Almost an Islander

Pizza is in the oven at 525 degrees for 7.5 minutes....Jacks is 3 and a half...

I know....im a cook there...i usually dont do the pizza area but when im by myself,i have to do it,,,,

I brought up this *raw Dough, no taste* complaint before numerous times with the owner Freddy but .....guess what....he dont care...

When i do the dough, i let it rise in the pan, and i dont dock the hell out of it to make it a super thin pizza & i dont skinp on toppings....everyone else does ,especially fred if he is doing pizza.....mine has a crust you can hold on to...Unfortunately the sauce is premade by Sysco but you can ask us to sprinkle oregano on the sauce...It seriously lacks flavor i agree.

If you have no other choice come on Mon, Tues, Wed night and i'll make your pizza,,,,if still not satisfied....Amandas is open for the season now....

I hope you try it again , as long as i make it you wont have raw dough...just ask if Belinda is working....

Post subject: Another Shitty experience at By the Bay
PostPosted: December 18th, 2007, 6:20 pm 

Another Shitty experience at By the Bay...

Ordered take out tonight. I had a veggie wrap, other people in my party had fish and chips and a club sandwich. Asked for my veggie wrap to be made with french dressing and ranch dressing, with extra cheese - it came with no cheese and only french dressing. Asked for extra tartar sauce for the fish and chips - came with none. Ordered a club sandwich with no tomato and extra mayo, no fries just the sandwich. Came with tomato, with fries and with very little mayo. I know you are probably thinking "then why do you keep going there?" The answer is because it's the only option for take out in Rustico.. and sometimes you just don't feel like cooking and/or driving 20 mins to get good takeout.

I don't know if it's the fault of the person taking the order.. or the fault of the cook. Either way, this place just can't seem to get it right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 18th, 2007, 9:24 pm 
Almost an Islander

I can tell you the gods honest truth.....IT WASN'T ME!!!! I left there in June! ! ! So i wont apologise to you for the problem...no offence man....i only hoped you complained to whoever was working the cash or called and complained to Freddy...

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 19th, 2007, 8:26 am 
From Away

Did it come with extra hair? They're always good for that though.

Post subject: Re: By The Bay Restaurant - North Rustico
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2013, 6:06 pm 
Newly Created Account

I came on to this site to see if I could find the hours posted. I was just craving their food and was going to head down for a bite to eat. We have never had the pizza, but we have always enjoyed our meals there- no bad experiences for us!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: September 11th, 2013, 4:08 pm 
True Islander

Eaten there a number of times. Excellent food every time, excellent service. We've driven out a few times just to have dinner there. Fish and chips are very tasty.

PostPosted: August 26th, 2015, 9:29 pm 

Probably been there at least half a dozen times since spring, Haven't had a bad experience there yet. Mostly fish n chips. Tonight we had the pizza and garlic fingers. My grandson was with us and said it was the best pizza he ever had..It was awesome!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: August 27th, 2015, 11:49 am 

crowsbro2 wrote:
Probably been there at least half a dozen times since spring, Haven't had a bad experience there yet. Mostly fish n chips. Tonight we had the pizza and garlic fingers. My grandson was with us and said it was the best pizza he ever had..It was awesome!!

I haven't heard form Linetwig in ages......have you?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: August 28th, 2015, 10:08 am 
Site Admin (volunteer)

Gardiner wrote:
crowsbro2 wrote:

I haven't heard form Linetwig in ages......have you?

He's busy on Facebook. :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: August 30th, 2015, 11:55 am 
Almost an Islander

ate there Friday, fish and chips are still great, second only (in my opinion) to fish and chips at Sam's.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 4th, 2016, 11:53 am 
From Away

I eat here at least once or twice a month I never have any issue at all everything is always good, Meal is always hot and service is great.

Had the pizza a few times found no issues with it at all it was really good.

My go to meal there is the double bacon cheese burger so good.

Profile E-mail