PEI Talk
http://www.peiinfo.com/forums/

Sadats Cuisine
http://www.peiinfo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34393
Page 1 of 1

Author:  linetwig [ March 22nd, 2014, 11:03 am ]
Post subject:  Sadats Cuisine

New restaurant opened in the former Bassets grocery location. they feature afghanie ( sp?) food. have tried some of there food at the Queen St farmers market , and it was quite good.

Has anyone been here yet?

Author:  Raiders [ March 24th, 2014, 4:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sadats Cuisine

Never heard of them until I read your post.
I got some takeout from there today.

Mantoo- Steamed Beef Dumplings
Waragy Samosa- Fried Samosa with Spiced Beef
Degy- Braised Beef with Seasoned Rice
Lubia Chalow- Baked Red Beans with Dried Lemon and Yellow Rice

All of these were very good. Great regional flavours and the prices are reasonable. I enjoyed this food.
They have a traditional dining area and an Afghan style dining area if you are eating in.

Author:  linetwig [ May 3rd, 2014, 1:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sadats Cuisine

Tried this for the first time recently. Had tried there food at farmers market, and never disappointed.

I had Kofta, cant recall name of what my wife had, was chicken dish. Kofta was very good. had it with rice, which i thoroughly enjoyed.

Atmosphere is nice, didnt try the traditonal seating, wishing I had. Service was excellent, server, a young guy, was veryhelpful with explaining the dishes, and what the flavour was like.

Forgot to add, samosa's for starters, excellent.

We will def be back, 8.5/10.

Author:  radster [ May 15th, 2014, 8:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sadats Cuisine

had lunch, not impressed. samosas were bad, and the noodles were soaked in oil. the rice was ok. 2 out of 10

Author:  xosmic [ May 30th, 2014, 11:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Sadats Cuisine

The Restaurant is awesome people are awesome, Nice People very friendly and humble people, down to earth.. food is not that authentic

But
Service 10/10
Food Authenticity 6/10
Cleanliness 9/10

Price little bit expensive..
Recommend 8/10

Author:  linetwig [ May 31st, 2014, 2:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sadats Cuisine

xosmic wrote:
food is not that authentic

The Sadats are immigrants from Afghanistan, and they do all the cooking themselves, yet the food is not authentic?

:roll:

Author:  xosmic [ June 8th, 2014, 12:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sadats Cuisine

linetwig wrote:
xosmic wrote:
food is not that authentic

The Sadats are immigrants from Afghanistan, and they do all the cooking themselves, yet the food is not authentic?

:roll:



It does not mean they are best cook from their, it is simple logic to understand....it would have the taste like that but would not be authentic...


Hopefully you get my point......... :D

Author:  linetwig [ June 11th, 2014, 6:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Sadats Cuisine

xosmic wrote:
Hopefully you get my point......... :D

No, because your point , if there is one, is ridiculous.

Author:  xosmic [ June 12th, 2014, 3:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sadats Cuisine

linetwig wrote:
xosmic wrote:
Hopefully you get my point......... :D

No, because your point , if there is one, is ridiculous.



And I think You Mr. Should Use your keyboard carefully, i feel sorry & pity for you...

Author:  xosmic [ June 12th, 2014, 3:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sadats Cuisine

linetwig wrote:
xosmic wrote:
Hopefully you get my point......... :D

No, because your point , if there is one, is ridiculous.



And I think You Mr. Should Use your keyboard carefully, i feel sorry & pity for you...

Author:  kreskin [ June 16th, 2014, 8:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Sadats Cuisine

Stick to criticisms of the restaurant, not of each other.

Author:  Sawchain [ June 27th, 2014, 6:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sadats Cuisine

:) had supper there this evening . Had the Dopiaza and it was excellent.
really liked their rice also.
Will definitely be back to eat there.

Author:  oomairimtiaz [ February 13th, 2015, 9:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Sadats Cuisine

Here is a link to their fb page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sadats-Cuisine/1390937601200900

#TGIF & Happy to be able to finally get out of the house to have some of the most authentic local food in #PEI #shoutout to the team Sadat's Cuisine. Loved every bit!

Author:  ncflute [ April 13th, 2016, 7:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sadats Cuisine

Love it! The side room where you can sit on floor pillows has a lovely atmosphere!

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 4 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/