* Login 

Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Lunch Sunday Brunch at Rodd Royalty for $16.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: maid marions-great food-cheap owners
PostPosted: May 28th, 2013, 11:10 am 

Kitchen Party wrote:
Let's all just go to Maid's some morning for breakfast and settle this. We can discuss it there. Only rule is you can't be a drive-by poster. :D

I'll go.... =D>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 28th, 2013, 11:12 am 
Site Admin (volunteer)

I'm in :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 28th, 2013, 11:27 am 

kreskin wrote:
I'm in :)

perhaps we'll do a meet and greet there!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 28th, 2013, 4:34 pm 

Just don't get any ice cream!!! [-X

PostPosted: May 28th, 2013, 8:29 pm 
True Islander

Not at all.

Common sense should tell you to pull up all the threads on Maids - read them and then make your comments.

Your second post shows that common sense is not one of your strong points.

I expect the learning curve could be long and broad for you.

But we wander from the subject at hand.

Have you any comments in reference to your experiences at Maids?

Phil

At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them".

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 28th, 2013, 10:21 pm 
True Islander

would this be the time to say i only ate at Maids once..before the fire..and it was not to my liking at all, i refuse to eat there when anyone mentions going there..its been kind of a joke with one of my sisters who every now and then used to ask me if i would like to go to maids to eat...she thought it was pretty funny how there was food all over the floor under the table and a fork wedged in the back of my seat...and the fries were mushey...i was grossed out..and only went there because another sister...who some of you know loved it there! Go figure...to each there own i guess. I also hate the one that opened in summerside , again i only went the once..lol

PostPosted: May 29th, 2013, 8:33 am 
Newly Created Account

Its really quite sad that a handful of people who are unhappy with their lives thrive when they can hide behind the cloak of the internet. Suzy Q...its to bad that you had a bad experience at the old Maid Marions. Was it busy when you were there? I have been there over the busy periods and it can be quite a sight. Young Mothers with their children dropping food on the floor and walking away leaving the mess for the waitresses to clean up. A line up at the door and people looking for this that and the other thing. The Waitresses do a fine job picking up after everyone and making sure that they are pleased with their meals as far as I am concerned. At the peak times they do what they can I am sure. One thing everyone needs to remember is that everyone has an off day. Mr. (Edited by admin) it is clear that you have a personal vendetta against someone who works there. I have read up on your frequent posts and it clear that it is very rare that you dine anywhere to your satisfaction. It is also quite obvious that you are outnumbered if you see the lineups waiting to get in to enjoy the good food and humor we have come to know while dining at Maid Marions.

*BTW Phil...is it really necessary to call someone you don't even know an Idiot? That shouts Class!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 29th, 2013, 10:42 am 
True Islander

Tiggeress wrote:
Its really quite sad that a handful of people who are unhappy with their lives thrive when they can hide behind the cloak of the internet.

Would that not include yourself?
By the way, no one I know goes to Maid Marions for good food. They go there for cheap food. Big difference.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 29th, 2013, 11:20 am 

Large thread happening here. so here are my two cents. We went to Maids last winter. Food was bearable, milkshake was great, prices were much lower than anywhere else. We will not go again because it is not really our cup of tea, but if you are in neighbourhood, staving, with only $10 in your pocket, you can get more there than any place else in town - just be aware that you will be getting what you pay for and in Maids you do not pay much.

PostPosted: May 29th, 2013, 11:32 am 

sasha wrote:
Large thread happening here. so here are my two cents. We went to Maids last winter. Food was bearable, milkshake was great, prices were much lower than anywhere else. We will not go again because it is not really our cup of tea, but if you are in neighbourhood, staving, with only $10 in your pocket, you can get more there than any place else in town - just be aware that you will be getting what you pay for and in Maids you do not pay much.

You can pretty well say the same about most of the greasy diners around town, you get what you pay for!

ps all of them!

Last edited by Gardiner on May 29th, 2013, 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 29th, 2013, 11:39 am 
Site Admin (volunteer)

Gardiner wrote:
sasha wrote:

You can pretty say the same about most of the greasy diners around town, you get what you pay for!

Which ones in particular?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 29th, 2013, 12:10 pm 
Entertainment Director

I used to work nearby, and when I was pregnant I'd go to Maids almost every afternoon if I had to wait for my bus. The day I couldn't fit into the booths anymore, I cried, and they were extra nice to me and comp'd my milkshake.

PostPosted: May 29th, 2013, 12:12 pm 
Site Admin (volunteer)

Kitchen Party wrote:
I used to work nearby, and when I was pregnant I'd go to Maids almost every afternoon if I had to wait for my bus. The day I couldn't fit into the booths anymore, I cried, and they were extra nice to me and comp'd my milkshake.

LOL.....awesome.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 29th, 2013, 2:38 pm 
Almost an Islander

Quote:
Kitchen Party wrote:

Did they stick their fingers in it first? :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 29th, 2013, 2:40 pm 
True Islander

Tiggeress wrote:
Its really quite sad that a handful of people who are unhappy with their lives thrive when they can hide behind the cloak of the internet. Suzy Q...its to bad that you had a bad experience at the old Maid Marions. Was it busy when you were there? I have been there over the busy periods and it can be quite a sight. Young Mothers with their children dropping food on the floor and walking away leaving the mess for the waitresses to clean up. A line up at the door and people looking for this that and the other thing. The Waitresses do a fine job picking up after everyone and making sure that they are pleased with their meals as far as I am concerned. At the peak times they do what they can I am sure. One thing everyone needs to remember is that everyone has an off day. Mr. (Edited by admin) it is clear that you have a personal vendetta against someone who works there. I have read up on your frequent posts and it clear that it is very rare that you dine anywhere to your satisfaction. It is also quite obvious that you are outnumbered if you see the lineups waiting to get in to enjoy the good food and humor we have come to know while dining at Maid Marions.

*BTW Phil...is it really necessary to call someone you don't even know an Idiot? That shouts Class!

to be honest I cant remember if it was busy that day or not, I don't think overly for sure, staff was nice enough, I just didn't care for the food, but like I said each to there own, and I know a lot of people at the time went there . I didn't like my meal and so when I saw all the stuff under the table and felt a fork sticking into my back it was the last straw..lol

PostPosted: May 29th, 2013, 2:45 pm 

Personally I only go for breakfast...and it's exactly the same, very good, every time. I go probably twice a month, and I see little difference in the meals from before and after the fire. I will concede it's not gourmet food, but it's a good breakfast at a good price. A great place to catch up on the local news too...lol.

In fairness to Maids, if this is going to be the review thread then "great food cheap owners" should be removed from the subject line.

PostPosted: May 29th, 2013, 2:48 pm 
True Islander

sawguy wrote:
Personally I only go for breakfast...and it's exactly the same, very good, every time. I go probably twice a month, and I see little difference in the meals from before and after the fire. I will concede it's not gourmet food, but it's a good breakfast at a good price. A great place to catch up on the local news too...lol.

In fairness to Maids, if this is going to be the review thread then "great food cheap owners" should be removed from the subject line.

I concur. How about we start a new one, shall we?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3