* Login 

Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Lunch Sunday Brunch at Rodd Royalty for $16.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: maid marions-great food-cheap owners
PostPosted: May 12th, 2013, 4:55 pm 

donfoley wrote:
wow, that wasn't a response from the owner or anything. lmao :lol:

First post doesn't give it away or anything :lol:

PostPosted: May 12th, 2013, 5:40 pm 
True Islander

Wynston wrote:
donfoley wrote:
wow, that wasn't a response from the owner or anything. lmao :lol:

First post doesn't give it away or anything :lol:

Which was why I never responded to it.

PostPosted: May 15th, 2013, 7:55 pm 
Newly Created Account

NO I am afraid I am not the owner.But I sure wish I was.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 17th, 2013, 7:06 am 

Even if I was the owner I wouldn't lose any sleep over reviews on here :lol:

PostPosted: May 17th, 2013, 6:54 pm 
True Islander

arod wrote:

why wouldnt you be concerned? This is a well read form. A lot of people, myself included read the restaurant reviews, and decide who gets our dining dollar based on the reviews. I certainly have forgone a restaurant with less the stellars reviews based upon what I have read here. I also have gone to restaurants based upon what I have read here.

Other's do the same.

PostPosted: May 18th, 2013, 10:31 am 
True Islander

Do people actually go to Maid Marian's for good tasting food? I think most go for the cheap prices.

PostPosted: May 18th, 2013, 11:25 am 

linetwig wrote:
arod wrote:

why wouldnt you be concerned? This is a well read form. A lot of people, myself included read the restaurant reviews, and decide who gets our dining dollar based on the reviews. I certainly have forgone a restaurant with less the stellars reviews based upon what I have read here. I also have gone to restaurants based upon what I have read here.

Other's do the same.

It may be well read(2700 views), but I doubt most views hold a lot of weight.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 18th, 2013, 11:33 am 
True Islander

Gardiner wrote:
linetwig wrote:
arod wrote:

Other's do the same.

Why is that?
A review is a review.
If I were a restaurant owner I would pay attention to all reviews regardless of the forum.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 18th, 2013, 11:47 am 

Raiders wrote:
Gardiner wrote:
linetwig wrote:
arod wrote:

Other's do the same.

Why is that?
A review is a review.
If I were a restaurant owner I would pay attention to all reviews regardless of the forum.

The source.....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 18th, 2013, 12:06 pm 
True Islander

The source.......... what?
What is your point?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 21st, 2013, 4:20 pm 

linetwig wrote:
arod wrote:

Other's do the same.

I agree that if I owned a restaurant, I would certainly want to pay heed of the reviews found here.

However, I would not recommend that anyone avoid a restaurant based on the reviews here.

Everyone has their own pet peeves about certain things so what bothers one person may not even bother you.

As well, every place has an off day and may not reflect their usual standard.

I have found that I have disagreed with some reviews here and am glad that I checked the place out for myself.

And that in no way diminishes the person's review, BTW, before someone jumps on me for saying that :lol:

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2013, 2:41 pm 
From Away

Old Maids-> inexpensive, tasty, decent portions.
New Maids->really poor quality.

No comparison, really unfortunate for patrons it burned (queue Saherbal conspiracy theory).

I've only eaten there 3 times since it burned. Was previously a regular (once every couple of months) patron.

Won't be back, was disappointed on all accounts.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2013, 3:44 pm 

TruthHammered wrote:

No comparison, really unfortunate for patrons it burned (queue Saherbal conspiracy theory).

I've only eaten there 3 times since it burned. Was previously a regular (once every couple of months) patron.

So what would be the contributing factor in the difference in the old and new maids, in your opinion?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2013, 8:11 am 
From Away

Gardiner wrote:
TruthHammered wrote:

So what would be the contributing factor in the difference in the old and new maids, in your opinion?

That would be entirely speculative, as I have never worked there, nor do I know anyone who does/has. All I can judge by is the end result (the meal and service), and compare my experiences against other once-loyal customers who partook against my recommendation.

If forced to guess, I'd suspect the old maids still had 'original' grease in the fryer. :wink:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2013, 10:27 am 

TruthHammered wrote:
Gardiner wrote:
TruthHammered wrote:

That would be entirely speculative, as I have never worked there, nor do I know anyone who does/has. All I can judge by is the end result (the meal and service), and compare my experiences against other once-loyal customers who partook against my recommendation.

If forced to guess, I'd suspect the old maids still had 'original' grease in the fryer. :wink:

Actually, that's one of the best answers to an restaurant opinion as I've ever heard on this forum and you're probably right. I'd suspect the new cooking equipment and or a change in cooking staff(or staff in general) may also be a factor.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 24th, 2013, 12:00 pm 
From Away

My dear mum went there last week- burgers, fries, hot hamburger, standard fare.

She believes the fryer wasn't hot enough (really soggy, almost mushy fries), and that the quality of the ingredients was low.

Obviously you get what you pay for; when going to a greasy spoon you aren't expecting fine dining.

For comparable price you can get Sam's or Linda's, both of which are superior. And Maids is a world apart from Red's Corner in Poole's Corner (I need to do a review on this place, such a treat!)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 28th, 2013, 8:20 am 

SLB wrote:
It's great that there is a site to check the reviews of restaurants in PEI but I question some of the postings. linetwig has lots of negitive comments about Maids but guess who is there every morning around 6:30 am sitting at the back having breakfast....................linetwig. Now I question why would a person eat at the same restaurant everyday? Good food and good service comes to mind. So this leaves personal issues as why he is posting them?

It would certainly make him somewhat of an expert on the place and at least his comments, negative or positive, are based on personal experiences and not a one time experience or a rumour.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 28th, 2013, 9:26 am 
Newly Created Account

Gardiner wrote:
SLB wrote:
It's great that there is a site to check the reviews of restaurants in PEI but I question some of the postings. linetwig has lots of negitive comments about Maids but guess who is there every morning around 6:30 am sitting at the back having breakfast....................linetwig. Now I question why would a person eat at the same restaurant everyday? Good food and good service comes to mind. So this leaves personal issues as why he is posting them?

It would certainly make him somewhat of an expert on the place and at least his comments, negative or positive, are based on personal experiences and not a one time experience or a rumour.

What we call people who say things without saying there names are BULLY OR COWARD !!!! What one are you linetwig??? If you go on here ,you have a lot to say about everything and everybody,s0meday you might want to stop hiding,like you always have.Go up to these people that you talk behind their backs !!!!!and say it to their face!!!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 28th, 2013, 9:33 am 
Site Admin (volunteer)

Twigeater wrote:
Gardiner wrote:
SLB wrote:

What we call people who say things without saying there names are BULLY OR COWARD !!!! What one are you linetwig??? If you go on here ,you have a lot to say about everything and everybody,s0meday you might want to stop hiding,like you always have.Go up to these people that you talk behind their backs !!!!!and say it to their face!!!!!

Twigeater - check your pm's please.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 28th, 2013, 10:41 am 
Entertainment Director

Let's all just go to Maid's some morning for breakfast and settle this. We can discuss it there. Only rule is you can't be a drive-by poster. :D

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next