* Login 

Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Lunch Sunday Brunch at Rodd Royalty for $16.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Maggie's Restaurant - North River
PostPosted: July 8th, 2012, 7:27 am 
Newly Created Account

Table of six went on Saturday, July 7th - Everyone was less than delighted. Server who was a man had shirt unbuttoned too far with his gross chest hair hanging out. I think he thought he was something to look at wish the health inspector would make a visit. I ordered the pork chop dinner which came out absolutely black on the bottom. Complained but was only given the option of turkey. If I had wanted turkey that is what I would have ordered! Charged full price for meal even though only the vegetables were edible. Even was asked by the cashier how my meal was explained to her and still charged full price. Highly recommend not trying there. Totally disgusting meal and totally inappropriate dress code of the server. Don't go there unless you want another horrible experience.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Maggie's Restaurant - North River
PostPosted: July 8th, 2012, 10:01 am 

There are a lot of folks who love this restaurant. It is a matter of taste when it comes down to it...

Having said that, it is one of three restaurants that are not a national chain that I will not go to based on food, service or ownership. I find absolutely nothing for me there. They rely on the microwave too much and the service and menu impressed me none. I only went there when someone had an event and I didn't refuse to go out of courtesy. Not one penny of mine was spent there. I'd rather go to McDonalds!

Others love it. If someone were to ask me where to eat I'd recommend Maggie's simply because I know it's popular, but I'd decline an invite to dine with them.

Edit: Girl_B, you seem to be on a mission... I sense something personal. I went back with another celebration after 10 years and still didn't like the food. Still it didn't move me to go on a personal mission to see them fail.

- The Dolphins from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Douglas Adams

PostPosted: July 8th, 2012, 10:18 am 

Add another to the list of people who avoid this place. We only went because some of the family liked it. Thankfully the last trip there was worse than all the others and we haven't heard it mentioned again!!! The problems are all little but when problems turn up with everything to do with the place it adds to a place we don't even think about when considering eating out.

Oh and his shirt is always opened. We have considered tipping him buttons and thread before...lol

PostPosted: July 9th, 2012, 10:05 am 
Almost an Islander

I totally agree with the inappropriate dress of the owner. He is definitely not a people person. The last time we ate there, one person got the wrong food order and part of mine was taken away and never returned. When we complained, he decided we would not be charged.We won't be going back.

PostPosted: July 9th, 2012, 11:08 am 

My question to Girl_B..Why didn't you send the food back and ask for another Porkchop dinner? You obviously ate because you were charged for your meal. If i wasn't that happy i would refuse to eat and pay for the meal..

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: July 9th, 2012, 11:12 am 
Newly Created Account

Pogo wrote:
There are a lot of folks who love this restaurant. It is a matter of taste when it comes down to it...

Having said that, it is one of three restaurants that are not a national chain that I will not go to based on food, service or ownership. I find absolutely nothing for me there. They rely on the microwave too much and the service and menu impressed me none. I only went there when someone had an event and I didn't refuse to go out of courtesy. Not one penny of mine was spent there. I'd rather go to McDonalds!

Others love it. If someone were to ask me where to eat I'd recommend Maggie's simply because I know it's popular, but I'd decline an invite to dine with them.

Edit: Girl_B, you seem to be on a mission... I sense something personal. I went back with another celebration after 10 years and still didn't like the food. Still it didn't move me to go on a personal mission to see them fail.

Girl_B , nothing personal here! I just hate to send tourists to this location and for them to have the same bad experience. My meal was not burnt it was actually charcoal black!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: July 9th, 2012, 11:25 am 

crowsbro2 wrote:
My question to Girl_B..Why didn't you send the food back and ask for another Porkchop dinner? You obviously ate because you were charged for your meal. If i wasn't that happy i would refuse to eat and pay for the meal..

Girl_B specifically wrote:
Quote:
Complained but was only given the option of turkey. If I had wanted turkey that is what I would have ordered!

and:

Quote:
Charged full price for meal even though only the vegetables were edible. Even was asked by the cashier how my meal was explained to her and still charged full price.

Did you ready her post?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: July 9th, 2012, 11:38 am 

Girl_B wrote:
nothing personal here! I just hate to send tourists to this location and for them to have the same bad experience. My meal was not burnt it was actually charcoal black!
K. Just checking re: the personal thing. because I saw that you posted on two and opened a third thread to say the same thing... probably getting used to the board.

Anyway, there is a restaurant in town that I won't go to for a personal reason and won't be public about it. I got curious if you'd gone down that road but I'm satisfied that it is only your experience that sparked it.

Hey, at least if they burnt your food it wasn't in the microwave like I guarantee the turkey was... Gawd that makes it taste foul (pun also intended).

- The Dolphins from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Douglas Adams

PostPosted: July 10th, 2012, 5:56 am 
Newly Created Account

I did complain to the male server who agreed it was black and offered to take my meal back and replace it with turkey. The rest of the table were almost completely finished with their meal. I told him I didn't like turkey so he walked away. I did eat the vegetables.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: July 10th, 2012, 6:58 am 
True Islander

Why did you post your complaint in two other threads and then start a third? I think once is enough.

From thread: Re: maggie's restaurant
Girl_B wrote:
Male host should get a visit from the food inspector. Shirt unbutton with gross chest hair sticking out. Pork chop dinner burnt black still charged full price. Don't go!

From thread: Re: breakfast/brunch buffets...any still left?
Girl_B wrote:
I so agree in not giving this dive a thumbs up. I ordered a pork chop dinner which came out black and totally unedible. Older male server wearing purple glasses totally inappropriate with his gross chest hair hanging out of his unbutton shirt. Charged full price for meal even though complained. Male server said new griller in kitchen, so what I should have replied this meal not fit for human consumption. Wasted $17 bucks!

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2013, 7:33 pm 

Was told today there is new owners :) Anyone been there lately that can verify that ?

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2013, 9:52 pm 
Newly Created Account

Not sure, but I had a bad experience, server was licking her fingers while removing the pie and continued to slice out another piece. Right at the counter where you pay. I was totally repulsed and never went back, I called and spoke with the owner and he did not seem to really give a hoot

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: June 29th, 2013, 7:41 pm 

Maggie's has been re-named 'Pedro's Island Eatery'. Anyone know the story on that?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: June 30th, 2013, 7:14 am 
True Islander

Bookworm wrote:
Maggie's has been re-named 'Pedro's Island Eatery'. Anyone know the story on that?

The owners name is Pedro, has been for a few years now.

PostPosted: June 30th, 2013, 7:15 am 
True Islander

Sawchain wrote:
Was told today there is new owners :) Anyone been there lately that can verify that ?

No, Pedro still owns it.

PostPosted: June 30th, 2013, 8:38 am 
Almost an Islander

How long has Pedro been there? Last time I was there (and for damned good reason) was about 7 or 8 years ago. Since then?

- Jesus of Nazareth, Matt. 26:52

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: June 30th, 2013, 8:38 am 
True Islander

No, like 4 years maybe...

PostPosted: July 11th, 2013, 3:47 am 
Almost an Islander

greenspree wrote:
No, like 4 years maybe...

So.... same owner, same restaurant, just a name change?

Profile E-mail