* Login 

Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

All Day Special steak & fries at outriders for $5.49 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special GamJa-tang(Pork bone on the soup) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $12.89 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Re: Route #3 Eatery
PostPosted: August 5th, 2011, 3:27 pm 
From Away

Stopped in yesterday for my first time and I will be back every chance I get.
This place is a little gem here on PEI. No frozen items on this menu, all items are made from scratch, and it shows.
I had the meat lovers basket (ribs, brisket, chicken) which came with handcut fries and homemade slaw. It was awesome! Friend had the pulled pork sandwich and they said it was amazing as well.
It's pizza formy next visit :D

It's nice to have a place which focuses on quality! If you have the chance to stop in, you won't be dissapointed!

PostPosted: August 6th, 2011, 11:57 am 
Newly Created Account

Heading out tonight with my wife to try it out. Saw too many great comments not to try it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: August 6th, 2011, 4:32 pm 
Newly Created Account

We just got home. We decided to share the Meat Lovers platter... wow! Everyone needs to get out there asap. It was well worth the drive from Charlottetown. These ladies can cook!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: August 7th, 2011, 7:04 pm 
From Away

Finally had a chance to stop in here. WOW! Shared the Meat Lovers Platter with hubby. All was delicious, but especially loved the ribs and the brisket. Have to say the home cut fries are the best I ever had. I don't usually like them because they have a tendency to be greasy - but these were far from it. Finished the meal with a piece of Apple-blueberry pie - yum!

If this little restaurant was in town, there would be a line up a block long. They definitely know what they're doing.

PostPosted: August 7th, 2011, 10:27 pm 

They even make homemade ice tea which tastes great. Also I think the prices are just right for what they are doing.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: August 16th, 2011, 9:53 am 
Tourist

After reading the positive reviews we decided to give the place a try .... we must have landed on an 'off' night, it was mediocore.
First impression, the indoor area has two tables with diners with the remaining tables piled with dirty dishes ... we're still game and we'll go outside (changed our minds and went take-out). Ordered several pizzas and the meat platter. The pizza was ok with the exception of the cheese, sauce and basil where the basil was four thin strips (less than 1x1 cm) artfully arranged. My experience with the meat platter was a disappointment - highlight were the fries (delicious, hand cut) and the chicken leg/thigh ... the low lights were the three ribs drenched in a tasteless sauce and the dreadful brisket. I'm a huge brisket fan and this was not a true brisket but resembled a boiled corned beef that had been dried to a shoe leather consistency.
Given the positive reviews we were disappointed when the highlight of a meal are the fries.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 4:00 pm 
From Away

You must have landed on an "off night". I had the meat lovers dish and it was fantastic =D>

PostPosted: September 13th, 2011, 6:35 pm 
Tourist

They are still working things out and if a crowd hits , it knocks them for a loop. They do need to work on service efficiency but hopefully they will figure it out.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: September 13th, 2011, 8:43 pm 

Viking17 wrote:
After reading the positive reviews we decided to give the place a try .... we must have landed on an 'off' night, it was mediocore.
First impression, the indoor area has two tables with diners with the remaining tables piled with dirty dishes ... we're still game and we'll go outside (changed our minds and went take-out). Ordered several pizzas and the meat platter. The pizza was ok with the exception of the cheese, sauce and basil where the basil was four thin strips (less than 1x1 cm) artfully arranged. My experience with the meat platter was a disappointment - highlight were the fries (delicious, hand cut) and the chicken leg/thigh ... the low lights were the three ribs drenched in a tasteless sauce and the dreadful brisket. I'm a huge brisket fan and this was not a true brisket but resembled a boiled corned beef that had been dried to a shoe leather consistency.
Given the positive reviews we were disappointed when the highlight of a meal are the fries.

My experience was very similar. Liked the pulled pork pizza. Loved the fries. The meatlovers plate.. The ribs have a dry rub and a sauce and I didn't care for either. The rub has way too strong of a cinnamon flavor for my taste and I found the sauce tasted like thick Worcestershire.. was neither sweet or smoky enough for what I enjoy as a bbq sauce, the ribs were not overly tender and there wasn't much meat on them either. The chicken was flavorful but overcooked and I agree the brisket was not very good and not at all what I was expecting. The coleslaw had potential but was under seasoned for my taste.

The pulled pork pizza was a large, also tried a couple of the mini pizzas to get a change to sample other toppings. I found the crust way too thick on the minis.. almost like they use the same amount of dough for both sizes but just stretch it thinner for the larger ones. When stretched thinner, the crust was excellent.. but I didn't like it near as much when it was thick.

I applaud the owners for trying something different and they seem to genuinely care .. Have to say though, I was disappointed in the food overall.

PostPosted: May 12th, 2012, 9:36 am 
Tourist

Does anyone know if these gals will re-open this season? Things were not looking good last time I passed by, appeared pretty quiet.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 12th, 2012, 11:15 am 
Almost an Islander

I was told at work last night that they are now open again =D>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 12th, 2012, 3:39 pm 

Yes they are open for the season, I am ordering from there this evening for supper. I grabbed a menu earlier today, since I don't have a scanner I will attempt to post a picture of the menu.

PostPosted: May 14th, 2012, 8:01 am 
Site Admin (volunteer)

We had 2 pizzas and a dish with some smoked meat, a few chicken wings, few ribs, fries and coleslaw Friday evening. DELICIOUS! I don't know what they put on their coleslaw, but it was awesome.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 14th, 2012, 8:08 am 
Almost an Islander

Armetis wrote:
We had 2 pizzas and a dish with some smoked meat, a few chicken wings, few ribs, fries and coleslaw Friday evening. DELICIOUS! I don't know what they put on their coleslaw, but it was awesome.

Apple cider vinegrette, according to the menu.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 14th, 2012, 8:12 am 
Site Admin (volunteer)

islanderatheart wrote:
Armetis wrote:

Apple cider vinegrette, according to the menu.

Aha....missed that. :oops: Soooooo yummy!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 30th, 2012, 9:05 am 
Almost an Islander

My wife, mother-in-law (m-i-l), and I ate at the Route #3 Eatery yesterday, May 29th, 2012. ordered a small poutine to start, followed by a pulled pork sandwich for my wife and m-i-l and a smoked meat sandwich for me. Pepsis for my wife and I, coffee for my m-i-l.

The person at the counter told me that my smoked meat sandwich came with fries and coleslaw and asked if I wanted the sides with my sandwich after the poutine. This pleased me as I hate ordering food I won't be able to eat. I agreed to just the sandwich, and thanked her for her suggestion.
If I had known what the coleslaw was going to taste like I would have asked for it. Total bill came to $36.55.

The poutine was good - hand cut fries with gravy and cheese curds. A small order was enought to give each of us a sample and we all enjoyed it. A first taste of poutine for my mother-in-law.

My wife and m-i-l had never had pulled pork before. They both enjoyed it very much. They were enthusiatic in their praise of how good it was and how good the coleslaw was. The french fried potatoes had already scored well from the poutine.

My smoked meat sandwich was a bit of a disappointment to me. I found the meat to be chewier than I expected and I didn't enjoy the taste that much. It was perfectly edible, just not my taste.

My wife let me taste her coleslaw and what a delicious cole slaw it was. Coleslaw seems to come as either creamy or vinegary. This was the best coleslaw I can remember having. I just sat there tasting it and thinking, I can't believe the depth and variation of flavour in coleslaw. Defeintely a winner.

I was surprised they didn't have a display of baked goods they make on premise for sale like the old Blue Goose. The only baked goods they don't make on site are the hamburger rolls.

Over all a good, unpretentious country reataurant. Not fancy but good food. Will be back.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: July 13th, 2012, 11:30 am 
Almost an Islander

Well my wife and mother and I thought that we would give Route 3 a try.. The food was good.. My mother had the chicken sandwhich which had a cucumber sauce on it ( not bad, just a little too much sauce for her) I had the cheese burger ( could have used more flavour or something) my wife had the pulled pork ( which was ok ) when my wife order the meal she asked for cheese to be put on it, well you thought that she had slapped the chef in the face. They refused to add cheese or even mayo( and yes we have had pulled pork before and that how she likes hers).. Most likely wont return because of this....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: July 13th, 2012, 1:09 pm 
True Islander

If I were to ask for cheese on a pulled pork sandwich and the chef refused, not only would I not return to that restaurant I would walk out before eating the meal at all.
No restaurant who insults a customer in this way would never get my business.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: July 13th, 2012, 9:53 pm 
Almost an Islander

bakers_drivers wrote:
Well my wife and mother and I thought that we would give Route 3 a try.. The food was good.. My mother had the chicken sandwhich which had a cucumber sauce on it ( not bad, just a little too much sauce for her) I had the cheese burger ( could have used more flavour or something) my wife had the pulled pork ( which was ok ) when my wife order the meal she asked for cheese to be put on it, well you thought that she had slapped the chef in the face. They refused to add cheese or even mayo( and yes we have had pulled pork before and that how she likes hers).. Most likely wont return because of this....

Whatever happened to "The customer is always right" as a starting point for customer service? I can understand a three star Michelin restaurant being so proud of their food that they wouldn't modify a dish, but the Route 3 Eatery? Really, ladies, relax. Some people put mayonnaise on french fires. There is no accounting for taste, and if you want to succeed in the reataurant business you had better be prepared to compromise.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: July 24th, 2012, 8:39 am 
Site Admin (volunteer)

We stopped in over the weekend to pick up some goodies. We ordered the 3 cheese pizza, ceasar salad and coleslaw. Everything was delicious!

Profile E-mail