* Login 

Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Lunch Sunday Brunch at Rodd Royalty for $16.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Phinley's Diner and Dairy Bar
PostPosted: September 29th, 2010, 4:00 pm 
Tourist

Phinley's Diner and Dairy Bar just opened this week in Stratford. It is the old Pizza Delight location in front of the Home Hardware.
My husband and I decided to try it for lunch today. I had the Curry Buttered Chicken, and my husband had a 12" Pepperoni Pizza and we both had a medium soft drink. Total was $25 and change. The prices are very good, server was very pleasant, restaurant was clean, but it did take almost 45 minutes to get our food. I understand and was patient because it is their first week, and they need to get the kinks out....and I wasn't in a rush. Might have felt different if I was in a rush to get back to work. Oh, and don't wait for the server to bring your bill....you go straight to the cash and tell them what table you were sitting at. I will definitely go back in a couple of weeks and try again.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Phinley's Diner and Dairy Bar
PostPosted: September 30th, 2010, 2:48 pm 
Almost an Islander

My fiance and I went to eat here today at lunch. Upon arrival, a man greeted us and told us he just needed to clean off a table- as he was gone to clean it- 3 staff walked past and asked if we were waited on yet!- A minute later he returned and we were seated. We got the menus and our drinks/order were promptly taken. He ordered a cheeseburger meal, and I ordered the club wrap! We got our food- both of our meals were good- the club wrap was made with homemade dressing and was delicious!!! He said he enjoyed his as well! Everything was very fresh!- As well we both ordered milkshakes- and we were happily suprised to find out they were "real" milkshakes.. or at least tasted like one!! Mmm.. Our bill came to $26.03!:) Can't wait to return and try out their all-day breakfast. ... As well I think it may be owned by the same owners of the Gahan.. pretty sure the guy that brought us to our table, and the guy ringing in our bill own Gahan!

PostPosted: September 30th, 2010, 3:21 pm 
Site Admin (volunteer)

BubbleBath15 wrote:
As well I think it may be owned by the same owners of the Gahan.. pretty sure the guy that brought us to our table, and the guy ringing in our bill own Gahan!

Kevin Murphy? :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: September 30th, 2010, 3:55 pm 
Almost an Islander

The guy who sat u used to work for the Gahan as a Manager of it.... As I met them when I was selling products to them.....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: October 4th, 2010, 5:48 am 
Almost an Islander

kreskin wrote:
BubbleBath15 wrote:
As well I think it may be owned by the same owners of the Gahan.. pretty sure the guy that brought us to our table, and the guy ringing in our bill own Gahan!

Kevin Murphy? :shock:

I guess I meant to say "managed".. Craig and Jon I believe are their names!

PostPosted: October 7th, 2010, 5:48 pm 
Newly Created Account

Noooooooooooo - not owned by the Murphys. It is owned by Craig and his wife. A wonderful couple that are going to treat you right and make sure you have a great time.

Craig will always have a joke and Jenn will always greet you with a smile. I wish them all the best!! I haven't had a chance to taste the food or see the finished product - It doesnt surprise me that the food is good and the service is great - Craig & Jenn treat everyone like they would want to be treated, and would expect the same attitude from their employees ... so you're going to have a good experience.

Way to go & Congrats

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: October 9th, 2010, 2:54 pm 
Almost an Islander

A companion and I went there today. It was a totally great experience. They were very busy but everything was great, service, food, etc. I hope they will continue to do well.

PostPosted: October 9th, 2010, 2:59 pm 
True Islander

hours of operation??

PostPosted: October 9th, 2010, 4:14 pm 

Tried to order some pizzas the other night, they called me back after I ordered and said they were out of pizza so I didn't get to try it. Will try again, I'm sure they are still getting settled in and don't know how much to stock yet

PostPosted: October 9th, 2010, 8:14 pm 
Site Admin (volunteer)

linetwig wrote:
hours of operation??

I'm told they are open from 7am - 8 pm.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: October 27th, 2010, 5:11 pm 

Went here on the weekend with the visiting inlaws.

Excellent service, friendly staff, affordable prices, good food. The layout is a bit funny, due to that it was formerly a Pizza Delight - but ambiance, is not all its played up to be.

Best of all a nice place to eat at in Stratford!!

Maybe they should post a menu here?

PostPosted: November 15th, 2010, 12:59 pm 
Site Admin (volunteer)

Anyone been there lately? I've heard mixed reviews.....some had terrible food and terrible service while others were happy with both.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: November 15th, 2010, 9:02 pm 
Almost an Islander

Mater and I went on rememberance day- both got chicken fingers and fries. The fries were fresh and delicious, so were the chicken fingers- they are homemade almost looked like cracker crumbs on the outside, so yummy! They were not the gross storebought ones some restaurants have! Service was great- no complaints!

PostPosted: November 16th, 2010, 5:07 pm 

I've heard terrible and great reviews too, in some cases from the same couple.

I think we might check it out thursday :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: November 19th, 2010, 4:58 pm 
Almost an Islander

It is kind of a mixed bag.

My 3 year old daughter had more fires than I did. I ordered a cheeseburger, which was made in the store and tasted pretty good. My son ordered a cheeseburger off the menu, and his was a frozen and pressed grocery store burger.

I might try it again in the new year.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: November 19th, 2010, 7:59 pm 
True Islander

after trying to eat tonighte at:sam's/razzy's/cedars, and turned away due to massive lines ups ( wtf was it tonight everything was so busy), this place popped into our heads.

no line up ( although told there was earlier) seated promptly, order taken promptly, food came out correct promptly.

we had spahgetti, and bacon cheeseburger.

spahgetti was nice sized order, 4 huge meatballs ( id geuss close to a half pound of meat) bacon cheeseburger was good , juicy, ( bacon left a bit to be desired, not much for re- deepfreied bacon). 2 large pop, came to 23 and change.

8/10.

PostPosted: November 20th, 2010, 12:31 am 

Kanye East wrote:

My 3 year old daughter had more fires than I did. I ordered a cheeseburger, which was made in the store and tasted pretty good. My son ordered a cheeseburger off the menu, and his was a frozen and pressed grocery store burger.

I don't understand, if you both ordered cheeseburgers why was one fresh and one a frozen grocery store burger. Didn't you both order at the same time? What is the differece between int the store and off the menu :?

PostPosted: November 21st, 2010, 7:46 pm 
Almost an Islander

imdamama wrote:
Kanye East wrote:

I don't understand, if you both ordered cheeseburgers why was one fresh and one a frozen grocery store burger. Didn't you both order at the same time? What is the differece between int the store and off the menu :?

I have no idea. We both ordered at the same time. I don't know enough about restaurants to comment, but the kid's menu burger was a frozen/pressed burger from the grocery store, and mine was a fresh one.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: November 21st, 2010, 8:04 pm 

Did you ask the cow if it came from a grocery store? Or did someone working there tell you?

Had breakfast there today and it was absolutely fantastic.

PostPosted: November 21st, 2010, 11:29 pm 

[quote="Kanye East"]It is kind of a mixed bag.

You didn't say that your son ordered off the children's menu, but that shouldn't make any difference.