Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Lunch Fajita Friday at Chartwells UPEI for $5.29 [Remind Me]

Lunch Roast Turkey Buffet at Rodd Charlottetown for $13.99 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Re: Phinley's Diner and Dairy Bar
PostPosted: December 7th, 2010, 7:58 pm 
Newly Created Account

Tried it out around Thanksgiving and all five at our table were pleased. Menu was a little small, but overall everyone was satisfied. Went back this past weekend with my sibling and would have to agree that it might be a hit and miss (considering its been open now for a little bit). My sister got a chicken-alfredo noodle dish and she did not like the sauce on the noodles at all. I tired it and agreed (nothing like alfredo sauce at all). She did like the size of the chicken pieces though, they certainly did not skimp ! I got a pizza sub… was store bought subs and looked like something a child could put together by themselves at home. Very average to say the least. Im sure we’ll try it again. We were kinda looking forward to going back, might not be a first choice next time we’re thinking of eating out though.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: December 20th, 2010, 8:28 pm 

Went there today, i had the spaghetti and meat balls and wife had a steak sandwich.Lots of spaghetti and four large meatballs.Nice atmosphere and exellent service. Both enjoyed it, will be back.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: December 31st, 2010, 7:32 pm 

I was at Phinley's yesterday for lunch, and both my fiance and I enjoyed our meals there. He had a cheeseburger platter and I had the curry buttered chicken on rice. The curry buttered chicken was not like the butter chicken that I am used to but it was delicious all the same. My fiance's cheeseburger looked very good as well, nice and juicy and was a hand formed patty, not a gross frozen patty like you find at some places. Our server was also great, I think her name was Jennifer. I'd go back again if ever over in Stratford, I rarely go over the bridge though...

PostPosted: January 24th, 2011, 11:21 pm 

Ate here over the weekend, had the chicken wrap and sweet potato fries. Everything was great, portion sizes were smaller than other restaurants - a good thing! Food was very fresh and simply. I really enjoyed my meal.

PostPosted: April 4th, 2011, 10:34 am 

Went here for supper last night with the family. Overall, a fine meal, nothing to complain about but nothing to really praise either.

I had the steak sandwich with fries and it was pretty good. The kids each had pancakes and bacon/sausage which they really enjoyed and it was a hefty looking meal for them. They also had a vanilla milkshake and they said they could really "taste the milk", so take that for what it's worth :lol:

My wife had the butter chicken and really enjoyed it but suggested that they change the name to a stir fry. As a stir fry, she loved it; as butter chicken, it wasn't very good :wink:

I wasn't really disappointed by anything in particular but probably won't be rushing back.

PostPosted: July 14th, 2013, 9:04 pm 
True Islander

Ate here for the first time tonight. Next time I'll just save my money and buy the food directly from the frozen food section at the Superstore.

My wife had the haddock. She said it tasted like it was frozen and sprinkled with a bunch of clubhouse lemon pepper salt. Her caesar salad tasted like one of those caesar salad kits you get at the grocery store with that awful crumbly bacon.

My son had the pepperoni pizza. He's four and asked where the cheese was because it was so overcooked that all the cheese turned dark brown.

I had the Stratford burger. It wasn't too bad really. But the bacon looked like it was either sitting out too long, or was way overcooked. I don't know why they use real bacon for the burger but then that fake, crumbly stuff for the caesar salad.

Seemed like a maid marian's type place where the value is in the food being cheap, not from being good food made from scratch.