Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Lunch Fajita Friday at Chartwells UPEI for $5.29 [Remind Me]

Lunch Roast Turkey Buffet at Rodd Charlottetown for $13.99 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Wayne's Chinese Take Out
PostPosted: December 18th, 2012, 5:01 pm 
True Islander

mfgs7 wrote:
FoxRun wrote:
Has anyone eaten here lately?

Yes, a couple of times a month I pick up supper there for the family. Last time was a couple of weeks ago. What info are you looking for?

Just wondering if they're still as good as they have been.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: December 18th, 2012, 5:05 pm 

FoxRun wrote:
mfgs7 wrote:
FoxRun wrote:

Yes, a couple of times a month I pick up supper there for the family. Last time was a couple of weeks ago. What info are you looking for?

Yes, the food is still great! The only thing I noticed is they are busier. Which is great for them, just means longer waits at peak times for us! No big deal.

PostPosted: December 18th, 2012, 5:16 pm 
True Islander

mfgs7 wrote:
FoxRun wrote:
mfgs7 wrote:
FoxRun wrote:

Yes, the food is still great! The only thing I noticed is they are busier. Which is great for them, just means longer waits at peak times for us! No big deal.

Good to hear, thanks!

ps we ordered it today and it was great....and the busy part may be true because they forgot one of our dishes.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: December 18th, 2012, 7:51 pm 
From Away

Free delivery or...???

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: December 18th, 2012, 8:22 pm 
True Islander

foodandwinelover wrote:
Free delivery or...???

naw, I'm sure it was an honest mistake and we'll pop in later to pick it up.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: December 20th, 2012, 5:48 pm 
From Away

I meant do they offer free delivery... lol...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: December 20th, 2012, 7:27 pm 
True Islander

foodandwinelover wrote:
I meant do they offer free delivery... lol...

didn't bother to ask, as most free deliveries in Ch'town excludes our part of Charlottetown(west royalty)....lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: December 27th, 2012, 11:48 pm 
From Away

Called on Christmas eve asking if they would be open on Xmas day ...tired of turkey. nope but .. "what do you want we will be here doing prep for boxing day ".... where else do you get that???? ... awesome job ... we love the kung pao chicken

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: December 30th, 2012, 11:45 pm 

Use to like Wayne's but it was off last time I ate there..Another friend of mine found three BB's in his chicken chow mien not long ago...I find it a little disturbing that the front window is so dirty you can barely see out of it. Wouldn't take much to give it a cleaning, makes me wonder how dirty the rest of the place is if they can't even clean a window

PostPosted: December 31st, 2012, 6:19 am 
True Islander

RedRock wrote:
Use to like Wayne's but it was off last time I ate there..Another friend of mine found three BB's in his chicken chow mien not long ago...I find it a little disturbing that the front window is so dirty you can barely see out of it. Wouldn't take much to give it a cleaning, makes me wonder how dirty the rest of the place is if they can't even clean a window

How was it off and did your friend report the health violation?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: December 31st, 2012, 9:04 am 

Usually Wayne's is very fresh, vegetables seem to be crisper but last time I was there the food just didn't seem as hot or fresh as usual..Half my rice was hard and cold, just didn't live up to the standard I had gotten use to. Might have just hit them at a bad moment..My friend didn't report it as far as I know, wasn't really a friend as much as a coworker..young guy who spit them out and kept eating but I saw them and they definitely were BB's, no clue how they would have got there? Maybe out of some kind of processing machine?

PostPosted: December 31st, 2012, 9:13 am 

RedRock wrote:
My friend didn't report it as far as I know, wasn't really a friend as much as a coworker..young guy who spit them out and kept eating but I saw them and they definitely were BB's, no clue how they would have got there? Maybe out of some kind of processing machine?

Looks like that chicken was used for target practice at some point in its life. :)

Ed

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: December 31st, 2012, 5:28 pm 
From Away

after reading the reviews here I decided to try Waynes for New Years supper.It was fast,hot,and very good(and very busy)!...The only negative was I wanted more,I found the serving size just a tad bit small.But I will go there again

PostPosted: December 31st, 2012, 11:00 pm 
Almost an Islander

Ate here about a week ago and the next day wow was I ever sick... if it wasnt coming out one way it was the coming out the other... Think that it will be my last time eating here... :(

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 1st, 2013, 9:04 am 
True Islander

bakers_drivers wrote:
Ate here about a week ago and the next day wow was I ever sick... if it wasnt coming out one way it was the coming out the other... Think that it will be my last time eating here... :(

or like a lot of others, you just had the flu?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 1st, 2013, 9:53 am 
True Islander

My family traditionally orders from the Canton on Boxing Day. For whatever reason, it wasn't open this year so we got Wayne's instead. I wouldn't have known the difference if someone hadn't told me it was Wayne's.

PostPosted: January 1st, 2013, 9:17 pm 
Almost an Islander

FoxRun wrote:
bakers_drivers wrote:

or like a lot of others, you just had the flu?

I can remeber eating at a Cajun restaurant in Saint John, New Brunswick once and being as sick as you describe, but my wife, who ate what I did wasn't effected at all. It is impossible to know if it is food poisioning without samples and lab tests.

Be that as it may, you ate there, you got sick - your conclusion is understandable. I still can't eat cajun fritters.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: September 5th, 2013, 10:18 pm 
Almost an Islander

A Chinese food restaurant on St. Peter’s Road in Charlottetown was ordered in July to clean up its act.

Environmental health inspectors issued a health order to Wayne’s Chinese Takeout on July 4 at 73 St. Peter’s Road for eight violations of the provincial regulations.

http://www.theguardian.pe.ca/News/Local ... olations/1

PostPosted: September 6th, 2013, 1:53 am 

Quality really dropped earlier in the year. Not sure what changed, but we haven't eaten there since Aprilor so. Thats a good thing by the sounds of it! Hopefully they can back on track because it used to be very good.

PostPosted: September 6th, 2013, 7:33 am 

mfgs7 wrote:
Quality really dropped earlier in the year. Not sure what changed, but we haven't eaten there since Aprilor so. Thats a good thing by the sounds of it! Hopefully they can back on track because it used to be very good.

No wonder......

Quote:
Charlottetown Chinese food restaurant flagged for number of health violations
Wayne's Chinese on St. Peter's Road in Charlottetown was handed a health order in July, and told to clean up some of its food handling practises. Photo special to The Guardian
Wayne's Chinese on St. Peter's Road in Charlottetown was handed a health order in July, and told to clean up some of its food handling practises.
Published on September 5, 2013
Dave Stewart RSS Feed

Topics : Charlottetown
A Chinese food restaurant on St. Peter’s Road in Charlottetown was ordered in July to clean up its act.
Environmental health inspectors issued a health order to Wayne’s Chinese Takeout on July 4 at 73 St. Peter’s Road for eight violations of the provincial regulations.
It was cited for failure to have screen doors and windows to keep out flies, insects, rodents and vermin, inadequate sanitation practices, failure to protect food from potential contamination, improper storage of potentially hazardous foods, not keeping food at the appropriate temperature and failure to ensure employees were washing their hands before handling food.
Environmental health inspectors have a graduated system when it comes to flagging violations — warning letters, notice of intent to issue a health order and a health order, the latter of which requires the business owner to take immediate action.
“The screen door was missing so the back door had been left open with no screen there and several windows had damaged screens so the issue would be for the potential entry of pests,’’ said Ryan Neale, senior environmental health officer. “There are also many soiled surfaces throughout the establishment — floors, shelving, walls, things like that that had obvious dirt that had not been cleaned.’’
In terms of storing utensils, Neale said “it was haphazard and unsanitary storage conditions in the kitchen.” He added that many items, refrigerated or dried foods, were not covered.
The day the inspectors were there, rice had been left out. Neale said it was thrown out after inspectors flagged the problem.
“If it’s unrefrigerated for more than a couple of hours then there’s potential for bacteria to grow and potentially produce toxins that could make a person sick.’’
In terms of food handling hygiene, Neale said inspectors observed staff handling and preparing food and “in this case they felt the hand washing was lacking.’’ Inspectors also observed food preparation staff weren’t wearing hats or hair nets.
Neale said they did not receive any reports of anyone getting ill and within two hours of the inspectors flagging the eight violations, the four most critical violations were remedied. The back door, for example, was closed to compensate for the lack of a screen door.
“Those are the ones that could potentially make a person sick. Those critical violations were addressed immediately.’’
A followup inspection was done July 10 and the remaining issues had been corrected.
“We actually had an unannounced official-type visit to provide the ability for the operator to ask questions and to further educate the operator on any issues,’’ Neale said, adding that environmental officers will be back to inspect Wayne’s Chinese Takeout at least once every four months.
Wayne Chen, the restaurant owner, declined to comment on this story.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next