* Login 

Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Lunch Bacon & Clam Chowder at Casa Mia Cafe for $4.95 [Remind Me]

Lunch The Great Canadian Hand Carved Sandwich at Chartwells UPEI for $5.99 [Remind Me]

Lunch Chicken wings & Chips at Casa Mia Cafe for $9.95 [Remind Me]

Supper WING NIGHT!!! at The Old Triangle Irish Alehouse for $0.35 [Remind Me]

Supper Endless Baby Back Ribs at Hunter's Ale House for $22.99 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Beef Pot Pie or Veggie Pot Pie at Beanz Espresso Bar for $9.10 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Lot 30 Restaurant
PostPosted: November 20th, 2008, 11:02 am 
True Islander

Has anyone dined here or heard of any reviews to pass along?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 20th, 2008, 11:20 am 

http://peiinfo.com/forums/viewtopic.php ... ght=myrons

some reviews there.

my parents have dined there a few times. Mom suggests they are best suited for going for a glass or two of wine, and stick with the appetizers, as the main entrees weren't very large, which wouldn't be very satisfying if you're rather hungry!

they seemed to like it a lot though, and i hope to check it out when i'm home for the holidays. :)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 20th, 2008, 2:35 pm 

My wife and I were there last month.

I had lamb & she had duck and both were the best we've ever had (of course we had to taste each others meal). I was looking forward to the peppercorn steak that I saw on the menu on the web site but apparently the menu changes quite often so it wasn't available but still, the lamb was excellent.

I was OK with the dessert but my wife felt that the menu was too limited in selection.

My biggest complaint had to do with the layout of the restaurant itself. It was very loud and the room seemed quite open. I like little nooks and booths. The one thing that we thought was odd as well was that there was no seating for 2. We sat at a table for 4 which was fine but as I say, I would have liked a more intimate seating arrangement.

It was a strange feeling. If I closed my eyes, I felt like I was in a noisy pub but the food was some of the best I've ever eaten.

It was a little pricey but the food was worth it. The ambiance, not so much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 20th, 2008, 4:40 pm 
True Islander

alandla wrote:
My wife and I were there last month.

I had lamb & she had duck and both were the best we've ever had (of course we had to taste each others meal). I was looking forward to the peppercorn steak that I saw on the menu on the web site but apparently the menu changes quite often so it wasn't available but still, the lamb was excellent.

I was OK with the dessert but my wife felt that the menu was too limited in selection.

My biggest complaint had to do with the layout of the restaurant itself. It was very loud and the room seemed quite open. I like little nooks and booths. The one thing that we thought was odd as well was that there was no seating for 2. We sat at a table for 4 which was fine but as I say, I would have liked a more intimate seating arrangement.

It was a strange feeling. If I closed my eyes, I felt like I was in a noisy pub but the food was some of the best I've ever eaten.

It was a little pricey but the food was worth it. The ambiance, not so much.

A very well put and informative review and we do the "taste each others meal" as well....well prepared quality food is a must, but atmosphere accounts for a lot as well.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Lot 30
PostPosted: November 22nd, 2008, 2:04 pm 
Tourist

My husband and I ate at Lot 30 at least eight times during the summer and we were usually accompanied by two or more friends. Our meals were always beautifully presented and delicious. We tasted just about everything on the menu (we, too, "tasted" each other's plates) from ribs, steaks and pork to salmon and halibut. No matter what we ordered for food, we always ordered a bottle of a Gamay from Canada. Desserts? Heavenly! We also enjoyed having a drink at the bar and watching the chefs / sous-chefs prepare plates. The servers were knowledgable, fun, and quietly attentive. At first, we, too, were taken aback by the size and openness of the dining area, so we learned to reserve one of the booths or a table against a wall - a lot more privacy was afforded! However, we also reserved a table right in the middle of the room when we had a group of friends dining with us so that we could all sit together. As for a limited menu, there are fewer options available (but varied and plenty!) b/c the food is all fresh. Gordon Bailey is, simply, a believer in fresh only - and mainly local - foods. Frankly, I would prefer to dine at Lot 30 - despite its openness - b/c I hate some of the dark, overly decorated, stuffy restaurants where lightning is far too dim - it's not mood lighting, just dim!Since we are summer residents, we have not been to Lot 30 since late August; it will, however, be one of our first stops when we return to beautiful PEI in June. Happy dining!

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 22nd, 2008, 10:09 pm 
True Islander

I'd love to try this place, I think it's just a little too expensive for my budget right now though. Great concept this place has though. I hope it does great!

Post subject: Lot 30
PostPosted: November 23rd, 2008, 12:42 pm 
Tourist

"Craiger": You do not need to have a full meal to enjoy the food at Lot 30. A couple of times, I ordered two first courses and a glass of wine, instead of a "full meal". Or, just have a main course. There's no pressure there - nor expectation - that you have to have an entree, a main course, dessert, and wine. And, you could always just have dessert and sit at the bar. Anyhow, if price is the issue, go there for a scaled down meal.

Post subject: Re: Lot 30 Restaurant
PostPosted: July 11th, 2009, 8:33 pm 
Almost an Islander

You will not get stuffed heer ... [-X

PostPosted: July 21st, 2009, 9:16 pm 

CSI ATLANTICA wrote:

What did you order?
I have eaten there and left very full. No issues with price at all.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: December 14th, 2009, 7:00 pm 
Almost an Islander

Had an excellent evening there a couple weeks back. Had the chefs special 5 course meal and it was plenty of food. My wife and mother in law had a great time. The service is also top notch.

Fantastic from start to finish. Bill was heavy but well worth it. For a special occasion you can't beat it.

PostPosted: December 16th, 2009, 9:33 am 

CSI ATLANTICA wrote:

You shouldn't want to get stuffed when you go out for dinner, that mindset is probably why half of PEI is obese. You should be satisfied when you leave. The time I went to lot 30 I definitely was. It was about a year ago now but it was memorable.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: December 16th, 2009, 10:30 am 
True Islander

CSI ATLANTICA wrote:

Why do you bother posting your asinine comments on restaurants here? No one wants to hear it! It's like badly done graffiti, pointless, ugly and annoying.

PostPosted: January 4th, 2010, 12:16 am 
Almost an Islander

I have eaten there three times, I believe. The first time I got the duck, second time I had the duck, and the third time I tried... the duck. HOLY GOD it was delicious. It is definitely pricey, but I didn't go there looking for fish and chips and a beer. I went for the quality of the food, the wine selection, the amazing waitstaff, the duck, and the lovely duck.

Try the duck.

PostPosted: April 11th, 2013, 7:57 pm 

This evening was our first, but definitely not the last time at this place. My judgment might be slightly but clouded after all the wine, but the food and service were exquisite. I started with beef marrow and had the steak for the main course, and both were perfect. App was a bit less fun than the one served in the bone at Terra Rouge, but as chef had chance to shape it more so it did taste better. Not every chef is comfortable with sending out his steak blue rare, but this one was and rightfully so - meat was just melting in my mouth.

Both my son and wife were commenting about their food all along and all good and positive comments, but I was too busy with my own food to pay too much attention.

Service was great, not too posh, but also not 'Hey guys...' - it was just right. Started with "sir and madame" and ended up with "boys and girls", and I blame wine for that.

The price was a bit on a high end, but I am not complaining - also, they took our coats as we were seated so running away was not an option.

PostPosted: April 12th, 2013, 7:36 am 

sasha wrote:

The price was a bit on a high end, but I am not complaining - also, they took our coats as we were seated so running away was not an option.

:lol: :wink:

Profile E-mail