* Login 

Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Lunch Bacon & Clam Chowder at Casa Mia Cafe for $4.95 [Remind Me]

Lunch The Great Canadian Hand Carved Sandwich at Chartwells UPEI for $5.99 [Remind Me]

Lunch Chicken wings & Chips at Casa Mia Cafe for $9.95 [Remind Me]

Supper WING NIGHT!!! at The Old Triangle Irish Alehouse for $0.35 [Remind Me]

Supper Endless Baby Back Ribs at Hunter's Ale House for $22.99 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Beef Pot Pie or Veggie Pot Pie at Beanz Espresso Bar for $9.10 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Silver Streams Chinese Buffet
PostPosted: July 9th, 2008, 1:46 pm 

I went there today. For 8.75,i think it's the best deal in charlottetown.All you can eat. The food was exellent and the decor very nice. it's 9.75 for the evening buffet, I will go back again

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 11th, 2008, 2:19 pm 

We used to LOVE going to Silver Stream and went probably every couple of weeks. Chinese food is my absolute favorite. When the new owners took over (which I was told by the waitress there are extremely good to her compaired to the last owners) we have gone 3 times and hated it every time. To our disappointment the recipes have changed. We kept going back because we hoped it was just a glitch with the new owners getting the hang of things.

The place was still always packed so people must be still liking it and I'm sure they are getting new customers as well. A lot of people that we knew that went there as well don't go back either.

Since the owners are so great to their staff I'm glad that they are doing well but we've had to change our favorite chinese food resturant to the Bamboo Gardens in Stratford.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 20th, 2008, 6:36 pm 

Yeah, Sourisboy and I used to go there a lot. They have changed the recipes I do that because the last time I went I had an allegic reaction. My arms were rashy and I felt little needles sticking me all over. It was weird. I've never had that happen before. :S So, I don't think we will be going back either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 20th, 2008, 7:01 pm 

I went for my first time a few weeks ago. It was alright. I personally like the food better at the maypoint one "Magic wok", better. I find the comment about the decor funny cause to me it looked like early 90's carpet and faded/peeling wall paper. I remember remarking how dirty the windows were, we sat right next to one and they needed a good windexing. Also, noticed the heat/ac vent near our table had blown dark colored dust or something on the wall around it. Didn't strike me as the cleanest place, service was average and so was the food.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 20th, 2008, 1:46 pm 

I find the food has improved a lot with the new owners. I have been there a few times in recent months and noticed the buffet is much better obviously during busier periods. Service only fair. One moody lady we got one day, watch out!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2008, 1:59 am 

The dirt of that place (Silver Streams) was enough for me. When they were by the taxi stand, the kitchen was just disgusting. Then when they moved into Shops of St Avards, I thought I would give them another try, since it should be cleaner. They only moved in quite recently at the time. The floors were filthy! I wouldn't want to see what it looked like in there now if it was that bad two or three years ago. Suprising enough, the food tasted good at the place by the taxi stand. I've decided after the St Avards vist, that I saw enough of their unsanitary conditions.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Silver Streams Chinese Buffet
PostPosted: March 31st, 2010, 11:36 am 

the worst chinese food i ever had. even my hubby that will just about anything in the world said he would never eat it ever again. the cashier was so unfriendly and acted like she hated her job, guess ithurts to smile these days. the place is SOOO dirty (check out the mold on the ceiling and walls...gross me out)
they have the BLANDEST chow mein ever, and the sauces for egg rolls and chicken balls (orange colored water down ketchup)....EWWWWWWWWWW!
we went cause we were on the hunt for a new place since blossoms got new ownership, its totally disgusting too and by the busyness of the place in the evenings i thouht...what the h*ll...welli guess its so popular cause pp can eat what they want, how much they want all night long for under 10.00. i think....u get what you pay for...blah

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: August 5th, 2010, 9:17 am 
Almost an Islander

Once dirty, always dirty.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: August 5th, 2010, 10:06 am 

Got dragged there a few times with friends who insisted on going, I would rank it as the worse Chinese in town.

I'll stick with Noodle House and China Garden

PostPosted: August 6th, 2010, 8:46 am 
Almost an Islander

Wayne's Takout is the VERY best, we eat there all the time.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: August 7th, 2010, 10:01 am 

NJAS wrote:
Wayne's Takout is the VERY best, we eat there all the time.

TOTALLY agree!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: April 20th, 2013, 3:36 pm 
Newly Created Account

The last time I was there it was AWFUL! I paid for a buffet I couldn't even eat. I didn't even finish one plate of it. Everything was extremely salty. I might as well have been eating salt by the spoonful. I will never be going back. Take-out from Wayne's up the road is much better and I can actually taste what I am eating without it being polluted by saltiness. DISGUSTING!!

Profile E-mail