Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Lunch Saturday Steak Special at Fireman's Club for $5.75 [Remind Me]

Lunch Steak Special at Ch'town Curling Club for $10.00 [Remind Me]

All Day Special steak & fries at outriders for $5.49 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special GamJa-tang(Pork bone on the soup) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $12.89 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Re: New Smyrna Beach
PostPosted: March 29th, 2012, 4:00 pm 
True Islander

too bad we cant do it here..... no carrying 10 tons of crap with ya... drive on, pick your spot and drop the tailgate! bring the cooler, barbeque, lawnchairs, and umbrella.

PostPosted: March 29th, 2012, 4:40 pm 
True Islander

greenspree wrote:
FoxRun wrote:
ronmax86 wrote:
greenspree wrote:
gross

+1

how can it be a +1 when we have no idea what's gross!

Just what I want on a beach vacation, to be surrounded by cars in a giant parking lot...

The smell of exhaust fumes, oil, coolant and fluid dripping from leaky engines onto the sand...

I'll say it again.

gross.

You have quite the imagination and you couldn't be furthest from the truth.....you must be confused with some local beach you've been to recently....lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 29th, 2012, 4:41 pm 
True Islander

linetwig wrote:
too bad we cant do it here..... no carrying 10 tons of crap with ya... drive on, pick your spot and drop the tailgate! bring the cooler, barbeque, lawnchairs, and umbrella.

I thought the same thing.....very well organized and despite other comments, it was very clean and tidy!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 29th, 2012, 6:57 pm 
True Islander

FoxRun wrote:
greenspree wrote:
FoxRun wrote:
ronmax86 wrote:
greenspree wrote:
gross

+1

Just what I want on a beach vacation, to be surrounded by cars in a giant parking lot...

The smell of exhaust fumes, oil, coolant and fluid dripping from leaky engines onto the sand...

I'll say it again.

gross.

You have quite the imagination and you couldn't be furthest from the truth.....you must be confused with some local beach you've been to recently....lol

If you say so... :roll:

PostPosted: March 29th, 2012, 10:16 pm 
True Islander

I've never been a fan of allowing vehicles on beaches like that.

PostPosted: March 30th, 2012, 11:50 am 
Site Admin (volunteer)

Cars have been on that beach almost since the car was invented. Heck, NASCAR racing started on that beach ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 30th, 2012, 12:09 pm 
True Islander

kreskin wrote:
Cars have been on that beach almost since the car was invented. Heck, NASCAR racing started on that beach ...

Whoopity-doo.

Doesn't make it more appealing to me.

PostPosted: March 30th, 2012, 2:48 pm 
True Islander

greenspree wrote:
kreskin wrote:

Whoopity-doo.

Doesn't make it more appealing to me.

Have you been there?......I would have expected somethng different as well, but what I witnessed was nothing close to gross!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 30th, 2012, 2:58 pm 
True Islander

You are welcome to your opinions and personal taste, am I not welcome to mine?

I don't need to be there to know I would not like it.

PostPosted: March 30th, 2012, 3:07 pm 
Site Admin (volunteer)

kreskin wrote:

Great pics! :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 30th, 2012, 3:29 pm 
True Islander

greenspree wrote:
FoxRun wrote:
ronmax86 wrote:
greenspree wrote:
gross

+1

I'll say it again.

gross.

Wow.
Melodramatic much?
I guess you don't get to too may beaches.
Hears a little advice. Not that it will be noted.
Sometimes it's OK to turn off your self righteous attitude toward the environment. Especially when it doesn't apply.
The beaches that I've been to didn't show signs of dripping fluids and leaky engines. That is a figment of your imagination and your ignorance biasing your opinion.
Try it some time. You might just like it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 30th, 2012, 6:07 pm 

FoxRun wrote:
ronmax86 wrote:
greenspree wrote:
gross

+1

I felt the same thing when I saw the two pictures, my word was "disgusting" tho. You displayed what was "gross" quite perfectly. Pristine beach in one pic and a prettiest parking lot/road ever in the next. ...Although I thought the Orlando Airport parking garage is pretty wicked with garden like courtyards and stuff. I often thought it would be cool to ride down a beach like that, but I have to say that those pictures side by side make me wonder which is more inviting.

PostPosted: March 30th, 2012, 7:01 pm 
True Islander

ronmax86 wrote:
FoxRun wrote:
ronmax86 wrote:
greenspree wrote:
gross

+1

I felt the same thing when I saw the two pictures, my word was "disgusting" tho. You displayed what was "gross" quite perfectly. Pristine beach in one pic and a prettiest parking lot/road ever in the next. ...Although I thought the Orlando Airport parking garage is pretty wicked with garden like courtyards and stuff. I often thought it would be cool to ride down a beach like that, but I have to say that those pictures side by side make me wonder which is more inviting.

Much like my argument with GS, I would have thought the same but what I witnessed was a cleaner and more non-intrusive environment then you'd think and far more receptive then any beach on this Island.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 30th, 2012, 8:39 pm 
True Islander

Raiders wrote:
greenspree wrote:
FoxRun wrote:
ronmax86 wrote:
greenspree wrote:
gross

+1

I'll say it again.

gross.

Wow.
Melodramatic much?
I guess you don't get to too may beaches.
Hears a little advice. Not that it will be noted.
Sometimes it's OK to turn off your self righteous attitude toward the environment. Especially when it doesn't apply.
The beaches that I've been to didn't show signs of dripping fluids and leaky engines. That is a figment of your imagination and your ignorance biasing your opinion.
Try it some time. You might just like it.

Talk about ignorant self righteous attitudes.

Also even if those cars were all electric vehicles powered by alfalfa sprouts, it'd still be gross. I spend a lot of time at beaches, and I don't want to be surrounded by cars when I am at them. Nor unattractive shore front development for that matter.

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2012, 9:42 pm 
Site Admin (volunteer)

greenspree wrote:
Also even if those cars were all electric vehicles powered by alfalfa sprouts, it'd still be gross. I spend a lot of time at beaches, and I don't want to be surrounded by cars when I am at them. Nor unattractive shore front development for that matter.

Okay, so New Smyrna Beach or Daytona Beach will never see Greenspree. That's cool! Considering that those beaches attract hundreds of thousands of visitors every year, you probably won't be missed :)

Me, I'm sitting on the balcony of my room on one of those unattractive shore front developments gazing over a moonlit Daytona Beach with the waves rolling in and making a wonderful lullaby that we will soon fall asleep to.

And tomorrow we'll go for a walk on that beach and won't be the least bit distracted or turned off by all the cars. All we will see are the happy families.

Different strokes :D

(I'll be sure to post plenty of pics :wink: )

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2012, 10:01 pm 
True Islander

kreskin wrote:
greenspree wrote:

Okay, so New Smyrna Beach or Daytona Beach will never see Greenspree. That's cool! Considering that those beaches attract hundreds of thousands of visitors every year, you probably won't be missed :)

Me, I'm sitting on the balcony of my room on one of those unattractive shore front developments gazing over a moonlit Daytona Beach with the waves rolling in and making a wonderful lullaby that we will soon fall asleep to.

And tomorrow we'll go for a walk on that beach and won't be the least bit distracted or turned off by all the cars. All we will see are the happy families.

Good post and enjoy your vacation!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2012, 7:33 am 
True Islander

kreskin wrote:
greenspree wrote:

Glad you enjoy it, I'll be sure to keep my opinions to myself on your photos. Wouldn't want to ruin anyones day!

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2012, 4:20 pm 
Almost an Islander

Enjoy, because s#!t we are not even allowed to take our dogs on National Parks beaches, even with a leash, from now until October, never mind a car....lol

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2012, 11:42 pm 
True Islander

There are plenty of beaches where you can take your dog. Thankfully the national parks try and look out for wildlife.

PostPosted: April 4th, 2012, 3:22 pm 
Almost an Islander

Hey Craiger, is it because I am a new poster , or what? I just stated a fact, that it is quite a contrast compared to here, not like I ever want vechiles to be able to drive the beaches here. Jeepers we cannot even walk our dogs , on a leash, on the National Parks Beaches here. And , yes, I do know that we have Piping Plovers nesting in the National Parks Beaches that require protection. I just find it hard to believe that while we cannot even walk a dog on the beach(national park) but they can drive cars, highway, down in Daytona, Florida. I know that your next argument will be, and yes, I have other beaches to go to, and I will, but unfortunately I will have to leave my home to do so, but no big deal, will do so, and by the way, I do pick up after my dogs, 4 big dogs that is. I also want to see the Piping Plover not become extinct....