* Register

* Login 

Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Migrating to PEI from India
PostPosted: August 10th, 2016, 1:36 am 
Newly Created Account

Dear All,
My name's Neel and from India. I am in process of migrating to Canada. Just before couple of days, I have come to know that Prince Edward Island is open to apply for PR. Now guide me on the following matters:

Is PEI suitable place to move from India?

How are the Job opportunities there? I have 5 years of experience in IT industry and working as System Application Administrator.

My wife is accompanying with me who has done Post Graduation in Electrical Engineering having specialization in Automation & Power Control Systems with 1.5 years of experience as University Professor.

How is weather?

The pros and cons of moving to this state.

How is medical facilities?

After couple of years, I am thinking to my whole family there. SO I want to ask if this place is better to migrate or should I wait for other Canada states to open?

How is the living cost there?

I am very new to this group and new to migration process. Please guide me on my next steps.

Neel

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Migrating to PEI from India
PostPosted: August 14th, 2016, 7:24 pm 
Almost an Islander

NeelDarji wrote:
Dear All,
My name's Neel and from India. I am in process of migrating to Canada. Just before couple of days, I have come to know that Prince Edward Island is open to apply for PR. Now guide me on the following matters:

How are the Job opportunities there? I have 5 years of experience in IT industry and working as System Application Administrator.

My wife is accompanying with me who has done Post Graduation in Electrical Engineering having specialization in Automation & Power Control Systems with 1.5 years of experience as University Professor.

How is weather?

After couple of years, I am thinking to my whole family there. SO I want to ask if this place is better to migrate or should I wait for other Canada states to open?

I am very new to this group and new to migration process. Please guide me on my next steps.

Neel

Hello,

For job opportunities, please look at the following site:
http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/job_search_res ... earch&ie=1

For cost of living information:
https://www.expatistan.com/cost-of-livi ... tetown-pei

I can't say a whole lot about the pros and cons of moving to this "province", because I don't know what type of situation you are moving here from, so it's difficult to compare. I like living here, I moved here from western Canada and I find the pace is much slower and people are generally more relaxed, but it can be harder to make close friends, because it is a small place and many people have been in the same group of friends for their whole lives.

I hope you are able to find somebody who can help you with your migration to PEI :)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Migrating to PEI from India
PostPosted: August 14th, 2016, 7:24 pm 
Almost an Islander

NeelDarji wrote:
Dear All,

How is weather?

Neel

Hello,

For job opportunities, please look at the following site:
http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/job_search_res ... earch&ie=1

For cost of living information:
https://www.expatistan.com/cost-of-livi ... tetown-pei

I can't say a whole lot about the pros and cons of moving to this "province", because I don't know what type of situation you are moving here from, so it's difficult to compare. I like living here, I moved here from western Canada and I find the pace is much slower and people are generally more relaxed, but it can be harder to make close friends, because it is a small place and many people have been in the same group of friends for their whole lives.

I hope you are able to find somebody who can help you with your migration to PEI :)

Profile E-mail