* Login 

Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Supper 25 Cent Wings at Hunter's Ale House for $0.25 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Questions for some true Islanders
PostPosted: January 25th, 2015, 12:18 pm 
Newly Created Account

Good Morning All, Over the past few months our family has been strongly considering moving out to PEI. We come from Southwestern Ontario and we definitely love the idea of the "Islander Lifestyle" after living in one of the most busy and modernized area's of Canada. I was wondering if anyone would like to give me there 2 cents worth on living on the island, getting settled into the surroundings or really anything you could see as being useful knowledge any bit would help! I myself am a heavy equipment mechanic, my father is a truck driver and mother is a personal support worker so i figure finding work shouldnt be too big of an issue but hard to be sure from this far away. Looking Forward to hearing from you! Cheers Tom

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Questions for some true Islanders
PostPosted: February 21st, 2015, 9:05 pm 
Almost an Islander

Well I'm not a true Islander because I wasn't born here, but my husband and I retired here about 7 yrs. ago from Southern Ontario, so I will try to answer some of your questions.
Jobs shouldn't be too difficult to find here, although I would look before you move here. I found a job right away here and I still work there today.
The lifestyle here is great, very laid back. We find the people here are less materialistic than in Ontario, but maybe that's just the folks we know.
Property, property taxes and car insurance are considerably cheaper here. Other things are higher in cost here, like groceries, income tax, electricity to name a few.
We love it here and feel it was a good move overall.