* Register

* Login 

Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: To move or not to move
PostPosted: November 26th, 2014, 10:44 am 
Newly Created Account

My family is originally from PEI and we go down almost every year for vacation. My husband and I and our two kids are considering a move to PEI from Ontario. I will provide a little background: my grandfather and grandmother (originally from summerside and wellington) lived with us for 6 years until they passed away. This past summer my grandfather came to PEI with us and told us he regretted leaving the Island and would love us to live there and raise our family. Since he passed in October, we have had so many bad things happen to us that we want to pack up and leave. The only thing stopping us is the job situation. We both have full time jobs here and although we make decent wages we are struggling from pay cheque to pay cheque. My husband hasn't had a raise in six years and now they want him to work every weekend for the next two years minimum. Our kids are 2 and 9 and are only home on weekends from school and daycare. We would make enough profit on our house to live for a year if need be however we would hope that within 6 months we would be employed allowing us enough from the sale of our house here to make a down payment there on a house. I am a law clerk and he works in security for the Ontario Government. I would like any and all opinions as to the pros and cons. By the way my mother who is my only family here is moving to PEI in June. Please help!

Profile E-mail