Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Lunch Taco Bar at Chartwells UPEI for $4.99 [Remind Me]

Supper Martini Mondays at The Old Triangle Irish Alehouse for $5.00 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Monday Lunch Special at Beanz Espresso Bar for $9.80 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special GamJa-tang(Pork bone on the soup) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $12.89 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Re: schools in pei
PostPosted: January 31st, 2013, 9:18 am 
True Islander

TRX wrote:
Yes, I suppose teachers are educators and not health care professionals, times have sure changed, when a head ache sends a kid home.

Seem's they want less responsibility and zero liability for kids in there class room now days.

It must make a teacher on edge knowing there is a student who could have a seizure at any time in their class.

The teacher wasted no time shuffling the kid out of the class room and to the office to wait for his Mother, with no school work to take home for the day, and that you can argue till the cows come home is wrong.

The teacher could have taken a couple of minutes and put together SOME form of reading, math or another subject for the kid to do while home for the better part of the day ( he was picked up at 10 am )

So now your issue isn't that he was sent home it's that he was sent home without homework? If that's your real issue why not mention it in the first post?

Why would a teacher take responsibility for a kid with a possible concussion?

Seems to me like you are grasping at straws to find fault with a teacher that did exactly the right thing.

In my days in elementary school (25 or so years ago) in the 1 or 2 times I was sent home sick I never had homework sent home with me.

PostPosted: January 31st, 2013, 7:53 pm 
Tourist

The new Spring Park is opening on March 12!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2013, 10:25 am 
From Away

TRX wrote:
Greenspree quoted "Reasonable and correct"

Yes, I suppose teachers are educators and not health care professionals, times have sure changed.

I'm fine with the kid being sent home.

I'm not fine with her not taking a couple of minutes and sending him home with SOME school work, lets be honest here, its a head ache, do ya think the kid went home to bed for the day ? or do you think he watched television and or played video games ?

Or maybe his Mother took over the role as educator for the day and they found something productive to do. All I'm saying is I personally think she could have taken the time and given him SOME form or school work. He does do home work most nights of the week.

It takes no time for the parent to give the kid a book, print out some math worksheets from the Internet, or read to the child.

Parents are ultimately responsible for their child's education. I think it's ridiculous be so put out that a teacher didn't put together a homework pack for a kid going home early. Whatever happened to a parent being a child's first and most important teacher? If mom thinks the kid needs something to work on, she can figure something out herself.

Profile E-mail