* Login 

Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Supper 25 Cent Wings at Hunter's Ale House for $0.25 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 26th, 2007, 12:23 pm 

Jaid79 wrote:
bfb;) wrote:
Imagine walking into a Huge family reunion.. (not your family! lol) then try to 'fit in' ..
Welcome to PEI!! ;)

Thank you :D

The first thing asked is about your father. And then about your religion.

If there is time, something about who you voted for might come up.

:lol:

Post subject: Re: The best place to live on PEI
PostPosted: July 26th, 2007, 12:45 pm 

I am 15 mins from the airport, 35 mins from the bridge, and 20 minutes to Charlottetown, and this is what I see when I BBQ and drink beer in the summer, works out quite nice for me too! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 26th, 2007, 12:49 pm 

waterview trumps green and pile o'dirt. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 27th, 2007, 2:25 am 
Tourist

islandsportsnut wrote:
Summerside or western PEI (O'Leary, Tyne Valley, Alberton or Tignish)..those would be my choices lots of off-Island people moved into O'Leary Alberton in past year, including a couple of my coworkers so thats pretty neat seeing they are from Ontario and England.

HA to O'Leary. If you are looking for a quiet, calm place, that is close to a rural area; then look to further then Stratford. It has a lot of in town conveniences like a Town Hall, School and a Sobeys grocery store, along with many various restaurant's and corner stores. If you get bored of that, Charlottetown is just minutes away with access to everything. Only problem, Charlottetown isn't really a quiet or as clean a place as Stratford, which I don't fully understand.

Go Leafs Go

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 27th, 2007, 10:47 am 

Close to the water .. thats the best place!

(anyone knowing of an apartment available - Close to the water - Please let me know!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 27th, 2007, 11:16 am 

It really depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for a rural area with school's/shopping close by than it's hard to beat Stratford. It's probably the fastest growing location on PEI.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 28th, 2007, 1:15 pm 
Newly Created Account

The family and I (wife and 2yr old daughter) just spent two weeks looking at houses in PEI within the 100,000 - 130,000 range of things and managed to grab a nice bungalow in Mount Stewart, 20min east of Charlottetown. Seems like a nice area, close to bike trails and waterfront so I'm itching for the kayak.
We pretty much went to see every single house within this range and YES, there are some nice places but each house came with small to serious problems.
We were under the impression that the real estate market was relatively slow, but we were "scooped" twice for houses that stayed on the market for 2days, not even a chance to get a look inside! There was one place in particular that was IMPECABLE but too close to highway to a family with young kids.

One thing appeared certain, PEI'ers appear to be VERY welcoming people BUT they'll try to rangle those last few dollars from your pocket, very savy bunch.

If you see something on www.mls.ca you reply with the listing number and I may have seen the interior already and I'll give you my opinion.
Look forward to hitting the island full-time come Nov. 1st.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 28th, 2007, 1:57 pm 
True Islander

Thats because of lack.....

too many islanders are living in lack and too often are trying to make a buck or save a buck.

I'd say most are guilty of it .......

Post subject: Re: The best place to live on PEI
PostPosted: January 6th, 2012, 9:30 pm 
Newly Created Account

id love to know if you ever got to PEI were from ireland and arrived here 08

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: February 28th, 2012, 1:42 am 
Newly Created Account

Jaid79 wrote:
Scudders wrote:
I agree with FerryRoad, it depends why you are coming here. If it is for retirement (or your work situation is not an issue), any place on the Island would be nice. I am sure everyone on this board would have their biases, and mine would be the Greater Charlottetown area or the North Shore (anywhere from Stanhope/Dalvay area, to Park Corner/French River area).

If you are looking for a job, I would not stray too far from the Charlottetown area.

Scudders,

You have pretty much nailed it in one. I guess there are good and better areas to live in each of the above places. Which is the best and what sort of money would it be to buy or rent a home there? Detached on a bit of land with a view.

Jaid

How about if you're single, not looking for a job (my company is expanding ), moving from smack downtown Toronto... is totally in love with the people and the land... makes good money...and would like to be right by the sea? What would you guys recommend?
ps: thanks for any feed back

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: February 28th, 2012, 8:58 am 
From Away

1morefromaway wrote:
Jaid79 wrote:
Scudders wrote:
I agree with FerryRoad, it depends why you are coming here. If it is for retirement (or your work situation is not an issue), any place on the Island would be nice. I am sure everyone on this board would have their biases, and mine would be the Greater Charlottetown area or the North Shore (anywhere from Stanhope/Dalvay area, to Park Corner/French River area).

If you are looking for a job, I would not stray too far from the Charlottetown area.

Scudders,

You have pretty much nailed it in one. I guess there are good and better areas to live in each of the above places. Which is the best and what sort of money would it be to buy or rent a home there? Detached on a bit of land with a view.

Jaid

How about if you're single, not looking for a job (my company is expanding ), moving from smack downtown Toronto... is totally in love with the people and the land... makes good money...and would like to be right by the sea? What would you guys recommend?
ps: thanks for any feed back

Stanhope.

Profile E-mail