Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Lunch Taco Bar at Chartwells UPEI for $4.99 [Remind Me]

Supper Martini Mondays at The Old Triangle Irish Alehouse for $5.00 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Monday Lunch Special at Beanz Espresso Bar for $9.80 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special GamJa-tang(Pork bone on the soup) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $12.89 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: 30 Something Nights are Back at Hunter's Ale House
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2006, 12:32 pm 

Yeah so everyone else is doing it so I am too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2006, 12:43 pm 
True Islander

40 somethings not welcome ? :shock:

Post subject: Re: 30 Something Nights are Back at Hunter's Ale House
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2006, 1:42 pm 
Site Adjudicator

islandpride wrote:

Everyone?

Really?

Where?

You mean like the Cornwall Cornfest or the Wishmaker Parade?

I think that even you can distinguish between promoting community events or charitable events, and commercial promotion (aka advertising).

I apologize for editing out most of the contents of your message but we don't do free advertising for commercial ventures on this site.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2006, 2:54 pm 

http://www.peiinfo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8176

http://www.peiinfo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8178

http://www.peiinfo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8225

Last edited by islandpride on September 23rd, 2006, 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2006, 2:56 pm 
True Islander

http://www.peiinfo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8190

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2006, 2:58 pm 

Da Judge wrote:
islandpride wrote:

Everyone?

Really?

Where?

You mean like the Cornwall Cornfest or the Wishmaker Parade?

I think that even you can distinguish between promoting community events or charitable events, and commercial promotion (aka advertising).

I apologize for editing out most of the contents of your message but we don't do free advertising for commercial ventures on this site.

Little harsh don't you think judge???

Anyway you could have at least left the Campy trivia at 9pm thing. I understand the board is not an area for frfee advertising but shouldnt there be an event calendar? And if you are going to edit mine shoudln't it be right across the board???

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2006, 3:10 pm 
True Islander

Quote:

crimespree doesn't own Myrons nor does he work for them (that I know of).

While the information is appreciated we don't have a events calendar yet (which we already discussed) therefore if you really feel the need to advertise your commercial venue on here feel free to purchase advertising (heck its only $20 a month).

I am sure if you go back to the first of PEIinfo you'll see a trend. Advertising is kept to a minimum in posts. Yes, others have advertised different events (Cornwall Cornfest & etc.), some have advertised commercial events such as Daval's occasional ad of Brennans, and Robs annual (if) post of Sketch 22.

On that exact same note you must take note that Daval has contributed a lot to PEIinfo (he was the one spending hours going around to all the bars, on his own bill, during the ECMA's & also has had special offers for PEIinfo members) & Rob's been around for years contributing in terms of post (1740 as of now or almost 3 years), Rob has also donated free passes to Sketch 22.

Since both of these two people have given to the community we don't mind if they take a bit too (give & take).

Therefore while your posts are appreciated. The amount of take is more then the amount given. Thus it may seem unfair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2006, 3:22 pm 

jmweb wrote:
Quote:

crimespree doesn't own Myrons nor does he work for them (that I know of).

While the information is appreciated we don't have a events calendar yet (which we already discussed) therefore if you really feel the need to advertise your commercial venue on here feel free to purchase advertising (heck its only $20 a month).

I am sure if you go back to the first of PEIinfo you'll see a trend. Advertising is kept to a minimum in posts. Yes, others have advertised different events (Cornwall Cornfest & etc.), some have advertised commercial events such as Daval's occasional ad of Brennans, and Robs annual (if) post of Sketch 22.

On that exact same note you must take note that Daval has contributed a lot to PEIinfo (he was the one spending hours going around to all the bars, on his own bill, during the ECMA's & also has had special offers for PEIinfo members) & Rob's been around for years contributing in terms of post (1740 as of now or almost 3 years), Rob has also donated free passes to Sketch 22.

Since both of these two people have given to the community we don't mind if they take a bit too (give & take).

Therefore while your posts are appreciated. The amount of take is more then the amount given. Thus it may seem unfair.

Fine then Jon you win, i'm not stupid I know thats not what message boards are for, but just trying to make all things equal. Guess I'll just have to try and find someone who doesnt work for me to advertise (like crimespree) or donate my time to things other than those that I do now.
YEah an dI guess the free nachos didnt go that far eh! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2006, 4:24 pm 

Jmweb....

In all fairness.....you advertise peiinfo @ peilocals (unless you pay for advertising...dunno).....and islandpride added a link to this website @ the Hunters website......

Last edited by Lee berkym on September 23rd, 2006, 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2006, 4:25 pm 
True Islander

The sooner we get an events section the better.

I am going to add - I think it is great when people come in here and post events that are happening. I have even found some that I had never heard of - simply because someone took a moment and posted them here.

I am pretty sure there is a mod for phpBB that is an event calander. Put it up - if no one uses it then take it down after six months.

But over all the occasional pitch for something happening around town is a good thing.

Phil

At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them".

Last edited by philipw on September 23rd, 2006, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2006, 4:26 pm 
Site Adjudicator

islandpride wrote:
Little harsh don't you think judge??? {...}
And if you are going to edit mine shoudln't it be right across the board???

I don't think it was overly harsh (I left the title alone, allowing the basic gist of your message to come across). As John explained, we don't mind when regular members of the board make us aware of something happening in the community. If, for example, Kreskin had posted a message saying "hey folks, remember Hunter's where we had that Trivia With Campy Meet & Greet and spent at least a couple of bills on drinks? Well, they are having 30-something nights again!", it is doubtful anyone would have objected.

If a new member had done the same thing I likely would have done what I did to your post (especially if an IP trace indicated the same source).

As for the across the board thing, I'm lucky if I get to read a quarter of the posts made on the board. I think most of the moderators and administrators are in a similar boat in that things will get past us (hence our oft repeated admonition to contact any or all of us when a post might conatain something that bothers you).

You just had the poor fortune to make your post on a slow Saturday afternoon for me :wink:

Thank you.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2006, 4:28 pm 
Site Adjudicator

islandpride wrote:
[Guess I'll just have to try and find someone who doesnt work for me to advertise (like crimespree)

If Berkym doesn't work for you, why is he/she posting from your computer? :wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2006, 4:31 pm 
True Islander

Oh wow - the big IP happy dance.

Did you know some ISP's pool IP's and that many people can show up on the same one? From many different locations.

Phil

At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them".

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2006, 4:35 pm 

I'm surprised the thread isn't deleted?

what's the point of editing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2006, 4:41 pm 
I'm suprised people are making such a big deal of this.

It's not like Islandpride is putting up the daily specials.
He is advertising community events. Isn't this forum supposed to be about the community?
Just because these events take place at a retail establishment shouldn't mean they are excluded.

I for one like to find out what is going on in the City.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2006, 4:45 pm 
Site Adjudicator

hhost.ca wrote:

Then pick up a Buzz :wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2006, 4:51 pm 

There is a restaurant review folder.. there's might even be a thread for the establishment. why post it out here in the main stream?

Last edited by Chawles on September 23rd, 2006, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2006, 4:51 pm 
Site Adjudicator

philipw wrote:
Oh wow - the big IP happy dance.

Did you know some ISP's pool IP's and that many people can show up on the same one? From many different locations.

Phil

Interesting. I wasn't aware that Eastlink did that (the IP in question is an Eastlink IP adress). I was advised when I subscribed to Eastlink that my IP address was mine and mine alone, unless I should happen to reboot my cable modem and then it might change. I guess the installer was pulling my leg.

Last edited by Da Judge on September 23rd, 2006, 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2006, 4:52 pm 
Da Judge wrote:
hhost.ca wrote:

If that is your attitude then why are there even discussions for a community calender here?
Why not just say screw everyone who wants to post an event when people can just "pick up a Buzz"?
What is the purpose of having a community forum?

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2006, 4:56 pm 
Site Adjudicator

hhost.ca wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
hhost.ca wrote:

If that is your attitude then why are there even discussions for a community calender here?
Why not just say screw everyone who wants to post an event when people can just "pick up a Buzz"?
What is the purpose of having a community forum?

Are administrators not allowed the occasional attempt at humour? Or was I using the wrong emoticon? :lol:

Profile E-mail