Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Lunch Taco Bar at Chartwells UPEI for $4.99 [Remind Me]

Supper Martini Mondays at The Old Triangle Irish Alehouse for $5.00 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Monday Lunch Special at Beanz Espresso Bar for $9.80 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special GamJa-tang(Pork bone on the soup) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $12.89 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: "Maud of Leaskdale" at Indian River Festival
PostPosted: July 16th, 2015, 11:10 am 
Tourist

The Indian River Festival is proud to present “Maud of Leaskdale”, a one-women play performed by Jennifer Carroll. There are two chances to catch this special event:

Thursday, July 23 at 7:30pm,
AND
Sunday, July 25 at 3:00pm.

Join Lucy Maud Montgomery one cold October evening as she steps off the train in rural Ontario to begin life as a newly married minister's wife. Follow her through the ensuing years as she embraces the joys of motherhood, the successes of authorship and the horrors of war. Through the power of her own words, “Maud of Leaskdale” recounts the celebrated, surprising and haunting life of Canada's most beloved writer.

This play, commissioned by the Lucy Maud Montgomery Society of Ontario, was created by Conrad Boyce. "When we were thinking of which way to go with the script," explained Boyce, "we quickly realized that no one was more eloquent or powerful in telling the LMM story than Maud herself. That's why the play consists entirely of excerpts from her journals, brought to life and woven together by a wonderfully skilled actress in the perfect environment, Maud and Ewan's own church."

Jennifer Carroll, who steps into the role of Lucy Maud Montgomery, was born and raised in Uxbridge, Ontario. She received her theatre training at Canadore College in North Bay, Ontario and has returned to Canada after working for several years as an actress and writer in Dublin, Ireland.

With performances taking place at St. Mary’s Church, Carroll will work with the natural lighting and acoustic of the venue. Limited seating is available for both performances to create an intimate atmosphere for audiences.

Ticket and concert information can be found by visiting http://indianriverfestival.com/events.php or by phoning our box office at 1.866.856.3733.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: "Maud of Leaskdale" at Indian River Festival
PostPosted: July 22nd, 2015, 11:26 am 
Tourist

PLEASE NOTE:

Performances take place on Thursday, July 23 @7:30pm
AND
SATURDAY, July 25 @ 3:00pm

The original post states that it is "Sunday, July 25".

Profile E-mail