* Register

* Login 

Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Wine making
PostPosted: May 16th, 2009, 11:42 am 
True Islander

Ok i am thinking about making a batch of wine. Nothing fancy , just something i wanted to do......( had a glass at christmas at someones house and it was homemade )

Anyone know anything about making it ? I know i need a kit and a mix, but as for where to buy it etc, who are the best ones to deal with ?

( i figured this is surely someones hobby ) :)

Post subject: Re: Wine making
PostPosted: May 16th, 2009, 12:06 pm 
True Islander

shelley wrote:
Ok i am thinking about making a batch of wine. Nothing fancy , just something i wanted to do......( had a glass at christmas at someones house and it was homemade )

Anyone know anything about making it ? I know i need a kit and a mix, but as for where to buy it etc, who are the best ones to deal with ?

Nick is your best bet....very helpful and knows his stuff....it's the only wine I'll drink.....good luck!

ISLAND WINE EXPERTS (The Home Brew Shoppe)

238 University Ave. Charlottetown

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 18th, 2009, 11:02 am 
True Islander

FoxRun wrote:
shelley wrote:

Nick is your best bet....very helpful and knows his stuff....it's the only wine I'll drink.....good luck!

Thanks , i will have to pop in and check things out..

PostPosted: May 18th, 2009, 11:13 am 
True Islander

shelley wrote:
FoxRun wrote:
shelley wrote:

Thanks , i will have to pop in and check things out..

Good luck and you'll be surprised how easy it is and how good the wine can be....and to boot, the government is not taxing one of your pleasures in life....LOL

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: December 15th, 2009, 1:07 pm 
Tourist

FoxRun wrote:
Good luck and you'll be surprised how easy it is and how good the wine can be....and to boot, the government is not taxing one of your pleasures in life....LOL

SHHHHHHH!!!!
:D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: December 16th, 2009, 10:33 am 
True Islander

Making wine is easy, cheap and like foxrun said, you can easily end up with great tasting product!

Beer making is a little harder to get a quality product but with practice comes aptitude and feel!

PostPosted: January 8th, 2011, 9:19 am 
True Islander

jeng wrote:
Wine making process is a simple task to do as long as you have the substantial knowledge and resources to carry on the production from start to finished. The chief ingredient of wine making is grape. It can also be done at home if you have the availability of the equipments. Good to know that the process of wine making can be access online and they will give you tips on how to make this wine at home. Better to check it out.

wine making process

Also worth mentioning, is that for a small fee you have your wine made for you at most of wine stores. All they ask you to do is add the yeast to the juice and show up 30 days later to bottle and cork. A nice option for those who want homemade wine without the headaches of cleaning, sterilizing, and the other knowledge and resources that you require.....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 21st, 2011, 10:36 pm 

I've been making homemade wine from kits for the past five years. In my opinion Wine Experts on University Avenue is the best. Their Vitner's Reserve kits are Canadian made and have won all kinds of international awards.
I have no hesitation in serving my wine to guests. A bottle of wine typically costs me about $3.75

Talk to Nick. He will guide you through the process.