|Rules & Warnings
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||admin [ April 7th, 2009, 9:24 am ]|
|Post subject:||Rules & Warnings|
Effective immediately, the following rules are now to be followed. Any posts after the time stamp of this post will be subject to the following rules.
1.Exercise common sense and be considerate toward your fellow users. Diversity of opinion and intelligent civil discourse is encouraged; by the same token, insults and “flaming” are not tolerated. Disagreeing with an idea of another community member is different from attacking that individual. Rudeness, personal attacks, inflammatory or insulting posts will not be tolerated.
If you receive a warning and were trying to be funny, then you need to learn how to make it more obvious it was a joke. We still reserve the right to issue a warning without notice.
2. Debating is all about disagreeing. Accept that the other member has their own opinions. Accept that they may not match yours and if they did this site would be rather boring. A thread will continue as long as everybody is treated with respect.
3. Controversial topics will come and go. Tempers can and will flare. Follow rule #1. NOTE: getting angry is natural; learn to take a break if this happens and feel free to say you are doing so.
4. When creating a new thread, ensure you're posting in the right area. If you're unsure, think where it would fit in best for the forum. Failure to do so, may lead to your thread being moved or deleted (depending on how long the member has been here). Also, please do not spam or double post threads. Self promotion is only acceptable in the Swap & Shop section unless someone opens a new thread asking for information on a product.
5. Debate the topics, facts, and issues.
IMPORTANT: Using language that is intended to be hurtful, belittling, or offensive as determined by the admins on a personal level will indicate a lack of understanding of these simple rules. If a member receives 3 warnings about this, they will have their access rights to PEIinfo removed.
6. If you're posting in a specific area, i.e. events, make sure you read any announcements that apply specially for that section. Details are required, lack of details may result in your post being moved.
7. Do not post off-topic. Please keep your comments consistent with the subject and purpose of the conversation thread. Deliberate disruption -- such as consistent off-topic and/or silly commentary -- are not allowed and as such posts will be deleted. If there is a connection between two topics and you do not make that connection clear, then that's your fault and as such may result in a warning.
8. While these rules cover most situations, they cannot anticipate everything. We reserve the right to take any action (including banning) we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted, degraded or abused in any way.
9. Be prepared to backup your postings with reliable sources. Any postings that a moderator feels should be questioned will be. If you do not provide sources to the moderator then the post may end up being locked and a warning issued. All information provided to the moderators will remain confidential. Reliable sources include major news agency's, reports and credible websites as determined by the admins.
10. The moderator's word is final. If you feel a moderator's decision was incorrect, you are free to private message any of the moderators as long as your message is respectful and not degrading. Any degrading posts messages towards a moderator will be taken as a message that you need a break and if the moderator feels the message was degrading, they will be allowed to give you a warning. Public discussion of moderators activities will be locked. You are free to message an admin if you have any questions regarding this, however being disrespectful won't get you anywhere.
1. advisory .... we realize that some people may not see this message and be aware of the system. This is now your freebie.
2. 2 day ban
3. 7 day ban
4. 30 day ban
5. permanent ban
The Know It All Defense
If you receive a warning, do not message a moderator saying, why did I receive a warning when such and such said this or that? This is what I call the know it all defense. The only person who knows if they've received a warning is the member who received the warning. We do not make warnings public therefore this excuse is extremely petty. As such, people are strongly encouraged to report any posts they feel violate any of the above rules.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 4 hours|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group