Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Lunch Fajita Friday at Chartwells UPEI for $5.29 [Remind Me]

Lunch Roast Turkey Buffet at Rodd Charlottetown for $13.99 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Blinded by Science
PostPosted: March 23rd, 2011, 3:04 pm 
True Islander

This is cool, You get the introduction and first chapter immediately but then for each succeeding chapter you have to make comments in a forum about what you read. You'll not only get to interact with others but if the author, Matthew Silverstone likes what you say, he'll include your comments in the final version of the book.
Quote:
About the author
Matthew Silverstone is a serial entrepreneur. He has a degree in economics and a masters degree in international business. He was as one of the youngest executive producers of his generation within the film industry, at aged only 22, whereby he attempted to raise finance for major feature films. He moved on to developing musical talent and helping to develop the careers of budding artists.

Having attempted and failed to make his millions before he was 25 he decided to work within less glamorous sectors of business and developed successful companies within the cleaning, building, property development, childcare and transport sectors. His career came to a halt midway through the launch of a major internet social network site due to the illness of his son, for whom he became a full time carer. It was watching the lack of medical help from the established sectors of science that led him to start questioning everything that he had been told about science.

He comes from a very traditional medical background, both his brother and father are Professors of medicine, so it was not easy for him to shed off his traditional medical ideas and start questioning the very foundation of these concepts. Once he started to do so, and found that the answers to the questions were not what he thought, he started to treat the whole idea as if it were a new business and spent two years researching and developing the ideas behind Blinded By Science. His son has since made a full recovery and this book helps to explain many of the ideas why doctors will never find cures for some of the major illnesses that are affecting society today.

http://www.blindedbyscience.co.uk/introduction.html

“Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking...” Leo Tolstoy

Post subject: Re: Blinded by Science
PostPosted: March 23rd, 2011, 3:11 pm 
True Islander

Neat idea.

But as he is moderating the comments, there is no way to know if the majority of those who offered a comment were in support or in disagreement. In other words, they are worthless.

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2011, 4:10 pm 
True Islander

Not from what i see,have a look ,i would imagine some comments will be removed if called for,who would want to put up with that foolishness.

“Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking...” Leo Tolstoy

PostPosted: March 24th, 2011, 3:46 pm 

I always find it interesting that someone with no background in a particular topic can find so many hidden secrets, while people who have devoted their lives to understanding the different topics have totally misunderstood the questions.

I suspect the title respects the willful ignorance of the author and his supporter.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 24th, 2011, 5:30 pm 
True Islander

regenerated wrote:
I always find it interesting that someone with no background in a particular topic can find so many hidden secrets, while people who have devoted their lives to understanding the different topics have totally misunderstood the questions.

I suspect the title respects the willful ignorance of the author and his supporter.

First off the title isn't in stone yet. If you bothered to go to the site you would know that.Second off the guy isn't exactly DUMB since and i quote
Quote:
He comes from a very traditional medical background, both his brother and father are Professors of medicine, so it was not easy for him to shed off his traditional medical ideas and start questioning the very foundation of these concepts.
I guess that being in the family he would be ignorant of all this.Not like he grew up in it or anything,is it? I guess he family doesn't have the qualifications YOU have.

Quote:
His career came to a halt midway through the launch of a major internet social network site due to the illness of his son, for whom he became a full time carer.
Since the medical establishment couldn't help him he looked else where and did some research on his own.Since he has done that and i quote again
Quote:
His son has since made a full recovery .

This isn't the only case. Everyone i quote is deemed by You a crackpot,and what ever name you come up with, but you never look at the qualifications of the so called crackpot. Well I'll show you some
DR. Joseph Mercola
Quote:
Education:

* University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign 1972-1976
* Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine 1978-1982
* Chicago Osteopathic Hospital 1982-1985 Family Practice Residency. Chief resident 1984- 1985
* Board Certified American College Osteopathic General Practitioners July 1985
* State of Illinois Licensed Physician and Surgeon
Dr Tenpenny
Quote:
What is a D.O.?

A Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) is a fully licensed medical doctor. Training includes four years of college and four years of medical school. After graduation, a one-year Rotating Internship is required before choosing a many-year residency program to become board-certified in any a medical specialty the doctor chooses.

An osteopathic medical doctor has more than 300 hours of training musculoskeletal system called osteopathic manipulation. This is similar to, but distinct from, chiro-practic manipulation. Osteopathic doctors trained outside of the U.S. have training very similar to chiropractic. American-trained DOs are often trained in the same programs as their MD counterparts.

The American Osteopathic Association [AOA] does not endorse the content of this site and has sent a certified letter, requesting that I remove its logo and its link from this website. However, I remain a fully paid, card-carrying member of the AOA.

For those who are interested in the Osteopathic profession, please Google "American Osteopathic Association" for more information.
Background and Training
Dr. Tenpenny is a graduate of the University of Toledo in Toledo, Ohio. She received her medical training at Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine in Kirksville, Missouri. Dr. Tenpenny was board certified in Emergency Medicine through 2005 (she chose not to renew) and has been board certified in Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine since 1995.

Prior to her career in alternative medicine, Dr. Tenpenny served as director of the Emergency Department at Blanchard Valley Regional Hospital Center in Findlay, Ohio, from 1987 to 1995. In 1994, she and a partner opened OsteoMed, a medical practice in Findlay limited to the specialty of osteopathic manipulative medicine.

In 1996, Dr. Tenpenny moved to Strongsville, Ohio, and founded OsteoMed II, expanding her practice and her vision of combining the best of conventional and alternative medicine. In 2011, OsteoMed move to a new office in Middleburg Heights, Ohio where the clinic currently resides. At that time, the corporate name was changed to Tenpenny Integrative Medical Center to incorporate a new corporate brand.
1 Question WHERE IS YOUR QUALIFICATIONS SIR?

As for me i went blindly trusting the medical establishment. That is until i came on with Depression and was on 4 different pills over a 3 yr. period.ALL of which has it side effects. Some not so pleasant let me tell you. That is when i started to do some research of my own. I thought there must be something better than this.I guess the person your treating isn't important,just getting the drug out there.I didn't like the side effects.I am also a people watcher and very intuitive. I've spent since 90 doing this, but i guess 21 years of this is nothing compared to YOU. I have read and understood other patients stories that publish them. Have i done research YES i have. Not once did i say throw big pharma to the curb. What i am saying is there has to be a balance and there is none and getting worse. They are making up more disease from the DSM(Diagnostic and Statistical Manual). There is more unheard of disease coming to light in the past 20 years,some caused by the vaccines and pills.I'm not a vaccine proponent,I've seen too much evidence to the contrary and am seeing more everyday. If vaccines are so sound why are they immune to being prosecuted ? Ask yourself that question.THE DSM Do you know what that is? Well i'll tell you The "Bible" of psychiatry,Diagnostic Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders written by the American Psychiatric Association. here is a paragraph or 2 from and article the Huffington post
Quote:
DSM-IV-TR is very large book. We have lots of diagnoses, the number rapidly growing. We need lots of page room. Aside from blank pages, Chapter Heading Pages, and long lists of Contributors, etc., DSM-IV-TR is chuck full of diagnoses, with detailed descriptions and code numbers for each diagnosis. This book is 952 pages long. It weighs 4.8 pounds.
There is an odd situation in DSM-IV-TR. Really odd. In its entirety, all 952 pages, there is no "No Disorder" option. Therefore, everyone is seen by DSM-IV-TR as sick, the only question being from which sickness(es) they suffer. The annual physical checkup many of us get, usually, unless there is something wrong, ends with "everything is fine." This, apparently, doesn't exist in mental health.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ronald-ri ... 44606.html
In the last 50 years, the DSM-IV has gone from 130 to 357 mental illnesses. There isn't a person alive that doesn't qualify for a mental illness,were all mentally ill according to the DSM. If you don't conform your mentally ill. When is enough enough? AGAIN I ASK SHOW ME YOUR QUALIFICATIONS !!!

PostPosted: March 24th, 2011, 6:42 pm 

I rest my case.

It would not matter if I was the most respected surgeon on the easy coast, they would not be enough for you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 24th, 2011, 9:52 pm 
True Islander

regenerated wrote:
I rest my case.

It would not matter if I was the most respected surgeon on the easy coast, they would not be enough for you.

GOOD DODGE!! nice way to avoid the question!!!

PostPosted: March 25th, 2011, 7:03 am 
Almost an Islander

I'd say something but it looks like peiinfo has decided that saherbal is not to be held accountable for any false or misleading information he/she posts. Personally I think that is highly irresponsible of peiinfo but I guess it is their forum.

PostPosted: March 25th, 2011, 7:55 am 

Islander16 wrote:
I'd say something but it looks like peiinfo has decided that saherbal is not to be held accountable for any false or misleading information he/she posts. Personally I think that is highly irresponsible of peiinfo but I guess it is their forum.

Ah there you are again Islander16. :wink:

jmweb is the owner of this board and he reiterated yesterday that EVERYONE is entitled to discuss whatever he/she chooses as long as he/she adheres to the rules. Saherbal does that and if you or regenerated does not like what is said then don't read it.

Furthermore, each of us on this board is old enough to decide what we take and what we leave from the posts. We are not children and therefore do not need "protection" from his/her posts.

PostPosted: March 25th, 2011, 8:10 am 
Almost an Islander

Yeah, heaven forbid that there be any difference of opinion on a discussion board.

PostPosted: March 25th, 2011, 8:14 am 
Site Admin (volunteer)

Saherbal, regenerated, islander16 and maggie ... settle down.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2011, 12:08 pm 
True Islander

I read the first chapter and found it quite interesting. Tks for the link. I will post a comment and see if I can get to the next one.

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2011, 9:24 pm 
True Islander

I find it interesting that in over 300 years nothing has changed in the science field in the way of attitudes. They still to this day treat Doc. that take a alternative path that like outcasts.Remarkable.

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2011, 10:39 pm 

saherbal wrote:
I find it interesting that in over 300 years nothing has changed in the science field in the way of attitudes. They still to this day treat Doc. that take a alternative path that like outcasts.Remarkable.

You really don't know very much about the history of science or the development of the scientific method do you?

http://www.experiment-resources.com/history-of-the-scientific-method.html
http://www.experiment-resources.com/steps-of-the-scientific-method.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2011, 2:33 pm 
True Islander

regenerated wrote:
saherbal wrote:

You really don't know very much about the history of science or the development of the scientific method do you?

I said the attitudes,not the method.

PostPosted: April 4th, 2011, 4:18 pm 

saherbal wrote:
regenerated wrote:
saherbal wrote:

Then point is, if you use the method, and things work, the alternative become mainstream. If you follow the method, and things don;t work, it is only the stubborn fringe who refuse to move forward.

In the case of 'alternative' medicine', that is the situation now.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: April 4th, 2011, 6:01 pm 
True Islander

regenerated wrote:
saherbal wrote:
regenerated wrote:
saherbal wrote:

Then point is, if you use the method, and things work, the alternative become mainstream. If you follow the method, and things don;t work, it is only the stubborn fringe who refuse to move forward.

In the case of 'alternative' medicine', that is the situation now.

I think you got the shoe on the wrong foot.I'll make it very simple,you CANNOT live on chemicals alone,man has thrived since the beginning of time on Natural food and medicines,look how sick man kind is getting from chemicals.They find something in nature that helps us ,makes a chemical that can be patented because you CANNOT patent and natural chemical.That is where the corruption comes in. that is where big pharma comes in to sell it to the people.There isn't 1 drug today that doesn't have a side effect or many side effects. Homeopathy doesn't harm anyone that is why they want to get rid of it.

PostPosted: April 4th, 2011, 6:11 pm 

Quote:
Homeopathy doesn't harm anyone that is why they want to get rid of it.

No no no. People want top get rid of homeopathy because it is totally useless. It has nothing to do with any conspiracy. Again, a lesson in biology would demonstrate that.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: April 4th, 2011, 8:00 pm 
True Islander

actually i know of 3 people who took borage oil capsules for depression , and it worked for all 3 of them.

PostPosted: April 4th, 2011, 8:23 pm 
True Islander

Tell that to theses people.
Quote:
Parents of baby girl who was a victim of flu vaccine debacle suing State GovernmentHhead of immunology and research at Princess Margaret Hospital "If we had reacted sooner, then a number of children getting sick wouldn't have happened and that would have included Saba and that's something we will have to live with.''

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western ... 6032663603
These boys
Quote:
Did swine flu vaccine give boy's sleeping sickness that causes him to lose control of his body?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1IbS3w87K

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -body.html
These kids
Quote:
Four wheelchairs contained severely physically disabled children, two boys with Downs, the rest were autistic.

* Cameron had his hands over his ears wailing
* Josh (so handsome, tall with blond hair blue eyes) rocked and hand flapped
* Kyle had his fist in his mouth
* Luke got up to study the glass in the door behind Anne for ages

* Jatinder sat behind everyone at the back on the floor, by his chair, a carer constantly grappling with him
* Alex had his mouth open staring into space
* Jonathon sucked his thumb and chewed his fingers, oblivious
* John hit his own face again and again, then a carer held his hands
* Jack went "eeeeeeeeeee" throughout
* Chloe sat very well indeed

And the 80 thousand people who use True hope's vitamins and minerals to combat depression. Myself i take 3, D3 and K2 's 3 vitamin C and omega 3 oil, does me just fine and no side effects.More and more people are going natural that is a threat to BIG PHARMA! That is why this
Quote:
NC bill threatens to criminalize naturopaths, homeopaths, herbalists, midwives, aromatherapists as felons

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/031953_medic ... z1IbTrTnP9
is happening in the states. If we don't stop it it will happen here.