Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Lunch Saturday Steak Special at Fireman's Club for $5.75 [Remind Me]

Lunch Steak Special at Ch'town Curling Club for $10.00 [Remind Me]

All Day Special steak & fries at outriders for $5.49 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special GamJa-tang(Pork bone on the soup) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $12.89 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Revolutionary Student Movement - UPEI Chapter
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2016, 10:36 pm 
Newly Created Account

Hey fellow Islanders and potential comrades! If you're a UPEI student you're invited to join RSM-UPEI, the only anti-capitalist group on campus! We are one of the newest chapters of MER-RSM, which is the largest leftist youth movement in Canada; we have chapters from coast to coast, and roughly 100 members. We are a communist organization, but being a communist is not mandatory for participation. The MER-RSM mandate details our political stance:

Quote:
"We are the Canada-wide revolutionary, combative, militant, and anti-capitalist student movement. We align our struggles with those of the broader working class. We are a movement guided by communist principles that serves the people in their fight for emancipation from the capitalist system. We organize proletarian students in the interest of the revolutionary working class movement.
We are revolutionary, not reformist. We maintain our independence from the bourgeois state, and we support the peoples’ struggles against capitalism, imperialism, and colonialism in Canada and internationally.
We will end exploitation, alienation, and all oppressions by supporting struggles against institutional and individual oppressions in their various forms. We strive to support externally and maintain internally a strong anti-racist, anti-fascist, anti-ableist, LGBTQ2S*-inclusive, and proletarian feminist culture in both word and action." - from MER-RSM.ca

If you agree with our political stance, join us at our first meeting of 2016: Thursday, January 7th at 4:00 PM in MB 520 (Dawson Lounge). Students and workers of PEI, unite! Together we can combat the oppression and exploitation that are intrinsic to the colonial-imperialist state! ☭
If you would like more information, feel free to send an email to UPEI@MER-RSM.ca, or Like our FB page at Facebook.com/RSMUPEI/

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Revolutionary Student Movement - UPEI Chapter
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2016, 3:25 pm 
Almost an Islander

I hope you fail.
The last thing we need is more idiots out there being militant and combative.
Your organization is a joke.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2016, 5:57 pm 

Blake McKinley wrote:
I hope you fail.

I don't, I hope you succeed in creating change. We need more organizations being militant and challenging the status quo that has failed average people miserably.

The Sheeple will always be scared of change.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2016, 9:34 pm 
Newly Created Account

Yesitsme wrote:
Blake McKinley wrote:
I hope you fail.

I don't, I hope you succeed in creating change. We need more organizations being militant and challenging the status quo that has failed average people miserably.

The Sheeple will always be scared of change.

Thanks for the support! There is definitely a lack of combative leftist politics on PEI, and we intend to fill that void. Ideological struggle is something that is rarely practiced here, in my experience.

On the other hand, the masses' fear of change is often understandable; our capitalist system sugarcoats terrible and exploitative ideas, and presents them to the masses as a solution to the last terrible idea they were offered. The blame for these issues is then directed elsewhere -- at foreigners, at another country, at the media -- anywhere except their place of origin, capitalism. When we consider that, and also the fact that the majority of people do not have access to higher education (especially not education with liberatory ideas), it's easy to see why many people are cautious of change. However, if we work to educate the working class on the contradictions within capitalism, and encourage them to take matters into their own hands and work together, we can begin to make real positive changes. It is possible to transform the so-called "sheeple" into a revolutionary force that can affect its own emancipation.

Profile E-mail