Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Election
PostPosted: May 6th, 2015, 7:45 pm 
Tourist

There were rumblings about 2 weeks into the campaign in Lantz's district. he made no friends in his district when he was a councillor . A lot of Brighton ticked off at him over a few issues, one of which was his handling of the house built off of Ambrose street. Jordan Brown really pounded the streets hard and worked the district. When the tories themselves are telling you Lantz was having trouble, it sort of made you take notice.

I think his time in politics is over.

PostPosted: May 7th, 2015, 7:50 am 

screenname wrote:
There were rumblings about 2 weeks into the campaign in Lantz's district. he made no friends in his district when he was a councillor . A lot of Brighton ticked off at him over a few issues, one of which was his handling of the house built off of Ambrose street. Jordan Brown really pounded the streets hard and worked the district. When the tories themselves are telling you Lantz was having trouble, it sort of made you take notice.

I think his time in politics is over.

That would certainly do it and that would make it poor party planning....but I don't think we've seen the last of him.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 21st, 2015, 6:56 pm 
Almost an Islander

Tina Mundy served in cabinent for a day or so - will she be eligible for a future ministerial pension? At least she didn't have time for any screw-ups.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 21st, 2015, 7:16 pm 

pomssip wrote:
Tina Mundy served in cabinent for a day or so - will she be eligible for a future ministerial pension? At least she didn't have time for any screw-ups.

I still don't get why she had to resign and shouldn't this issue have been addressed before she was allowed to run, not to mention holding a cabinet position?

Quote:
A consumer proposal is an alternative to declaring personal bankruptcy. It helps protect an individual from debt collectors during repayment.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 21st, 2015, 7:34 pm 
Tourist

I fail to see what the difference is. There are scores of people with financial difficulties in this province. All this served was fodder for the gossip crowd. I feel very badly for Mundy.

Anyone recall George Proud and his bankruptcy while mp? It should matter not. Perhaps with her 115,000. salary as cabinet minister she would have been able to catch up on her bills.

PostPosted: May 21st, 2015, 7:49 pm 

screenname wrote:
I fail to see what the difference is. There are scores of people with financial difficulties in this province. All this served was fodder for the gossip crowd. I feel very badly for Mundy.

Anyone recall George Proud and his bankruptcy while mp? It should matter not. Perhaps with her 115,000. salary as cabinet minister she would have been able to catch up on her bills.

I guess it's ok to steal money as a cabinet minister, but you can't be in a bankrupt state.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 21st, 2015, 8:17 pm 
Tourist

Can you enlighten me as to which cabinet minister stole money? When was this? What was the sentence?

PostPosted: May 21st, 2015, 11:15 pm 

screenname wrote:
Can you enlighten me as to which cabinet minister stole money? When was this? What was the sentence?

PNP!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2015, 4:38 am 
Tourist

Gardiner wrote:
screenname wrote:

PNP!

Again,
Which cabinet minister stole money? When was this? What was the sentence?

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2015, 7:23 am 

screenname wrote:

Ridiculous statement. It has everything to do with ethics, integrity and honesty and nothing to do with personal finances.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2015, 7:48 am 

screenname wrote:
Gardiner wrote:
screenname wrote:

PNP!

Again,
Which cabinet minister stole money? When was this? What was the sentence?

Any politician that benefited financially from PNP or any other inside the government financial activity is guilty of stealing and you and I know they'll never be prosecuted.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2015, 1:35 pm 

An interesting online comment from, of all places, the Guardian.

Quote:
Indeed a troublesome situation. His caucus is so devoid of talent that picking people for cabinet positions is difficult, especially when trying to avoid the dead wood that ran again from the Ghiz debacle. Now the call for more women in cabinet, and more trouble. Sherry was useless and Casey is so loaded down with PNP money, that you do not want to call attention to her. It is not the Premiers fault that more women were not elected, so I would hope he will overlook that demand. For the Mundy affair, - he needs to go one step further. Conflict of interest is not only in having her in cabinet, but as an MLA she is also in conflict and should resign. Besides that, she has proved not to be up front, - and that is not a trait to start off with in a political career. That comes after a political career, unfortunately. - She got to go, Wade, otherwise it is a blot on your attempt to run a clean government.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2015, 3:08 pm 
Tourist

Yesitsme wrote:

Ridiculous statement. It has everything to do with ethics, integrity and honesty and nothing to do with personal finances.

So, if you were in the same position, you would go to your current employer and coworkers and divulge your financial situation.

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2015, 3:10 pm 
Tourist

Gardiner wrote:
Any politician that benefited financially from PNP or any other inside the government financial activity is guilty of stealing and you and I know they'll never be prosecuted.

In what court of law are they guilty?

To the best of my knowledge, the RCMP found no evidence of wrongdoing.

Therefore, you are wrong.

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2015, 4:45 pm 
True Islander

Yesitsme wrote:
screenname wrote:

So if she had been upfront about her financial difficulties, do you think she would have been appointed to cabinet? Or should financial difficulties exclude someone from sitting in cabinet?

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2015, 6:10 pm 

screenname wrote:
Gardiner wrote:

In what court of law are they guilty?

To the best of my knowledge, the RCMP found no evidence of wrongdoing.

Therefore, you are wrong.

In the integrity and honesty court of course and because there was no evidence of a criminal act just means that there wasn't anything tangible enough to support any wrong doing.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2015, 8:12 pm 
Tourist

Gardiner wrote:

because there was no evidence of a criminal act

Means they are not criminals.

Again, you are incorrect.

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2015, 8:34 am 

screenname wrote:
Gardiner wrote:

because there was no evidence of a criminal act

Means they are not criminals.

Again, you are incorrect.

Quote:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 24th, 2015, 12:31 pm 
Almost an Islander

I think it was conflict of interest.
Owe the government money (so bad that you nearly claim bankruptcy). And yet you take a public elected position that taxpayers pay you to work. Then you get promoted and receive even more income.
Se we the taxpayers are paying for her to pay her taxes/debt :P

Wish I could get gov job, then get promoted, and have gov debt paid ;)

Guess I'll run in the election if I ever go bankrupt.

PostPosted: May 24th, 2015, 1:28 pm 

balkoth wrote:
I think it was conflict of interest.
Owe the government money (so bad that you nearly claim bankruptcy). And yet you take a public elected position that taxpayers pay you to work. Then you get promoted and receive even more income.
Se we the taxpayers are paying for her to pay her taxes/debt :P

Wish I could get gov job, then get promoted, and have gov debt paid ;)

Guess I'll run in the election if I ever go bankrupt.

Wouldn't it also be a conflict of interest to be a MLA?

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next