PEIinfo Logo
  Top Banner

Listings Coming Soon
 
Home
* FAQ
* Register

* Login 

Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Lunch Saturday Steak Special at Fireman's Club for $5.75 [Remind Me]

Lunch Steak Special at Ch'town Curling Club for $10.00 [Remind Me]

All Day Special steak & fries at outriders for $5.49 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special GamJa-tang(Pork bone on the soup) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $12.89 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: I Can't Breathe...
PostPosted: December 4th, 2014, 9:57 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: September 11th, 2006, 9:03 pm
Posts: 1156
Location: Charlottetown
What is happening in the U.S.A.?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: I Can't Breathe...
PostPosted: December 4th, 2014, 10:22 pm 
Offline
True Islander
User avatar

Joined: October 31st, 2003, 7:20 pm
Posts: 9920
Should we guess? Or care to go into more detail?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I Can't Breathe...
PostPosted: December 4th, 2014, 10:26 pm 
Offline
Almost an Islander

Joined: November 16th, 2014, 12:56 am
Posts: 286
Young black men keep getting gunned down or murdered by cops and there is no punishment.
I Can't Breathe........... Cop murders a black man in New York using an outlawed police tactic, does it on film, no indictment.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: I Can't Breathe...
PostPosted: December 5th, 2014, 9:41 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: February 25th, 2013, 8:36 pm
Posts: 1526
Blake McKinley wrote:
Young black men keep getting gunned down or murdered by cops and there is no punishment.
I Can't Breathe........... Cop murders a black man in New York using an outlawed police tactic, does it on film, no indictment.

I don't doubt for a minute that there's a lot of injustice going on when it comes to law enforcement and the color of a person's skin, but I also think the media is playing a big role in the presentation of a lot of these activities....like the one in Ferguson, St Louis.....a lot of the actual facts were not released until after the Grand Jury decision and once they were released, one could draw a different conclusion on what went down.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: I Can't Breathe...
PostPosted: December 5th, 2014, 10:25 am 
Offline
Almost an Islander

Joined: November 16th, 2014, 12:56 am
Posts: 286
The conclusion I draw after the evidence is in, in Ferguson is that a young black man was murdered by a cop.
It is pretty corrupt to have a prosecutor donating money to the defense fund of the man he is supposed to be investigating.

In the New York case the entire thing is on video. A black man murdered by white cops.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: I Can't Breathe...
PostPosted: December 5th, 2014, 11:07 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: February 25th, 2013, 8:36 pm
Posts: 1526
Blake McKinley wrote:
The conclusion I draw after the evidence is in, in Ferguson is that a young black man was murdered by a cop.
It is pretty corrupt to have a prosecutor donating money to the defense fund of the man he is supposed to be investigating.

In the New York case the entire thing is on video. A black man murdered by white cops.

And those conclusions are based on media reports right?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: I Can't Breathe...
PostPosted: December 5th, 2014, 11:31 am 
Offline
Almost an Islander

Joined: November 16th, 2014, 12:56 am
Posts: 286
Gardiner wrote:
And those conclusions are based on media reports right?



Correct. I seldom have an inside source in these events.
The media did show the video of the murder in New York.

You can find plenty of media on both sides of the issue. It doesn't necessarily mean that the media is playing a role in my opinion. They are just presenting the data that allows me to form an opinion.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: I Can't Breathe...
PostPosted: December 5th, 2014, 11:43 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: February 25th, 2013, 8:36 pm
Posts: 1526
Blake McKinley wrote:
Gardiner wrote:
And those conclusions are based on media reports right?



Correct. I seldom have an inside source in these events.
The media did show the video of the murder in New York.

You can find plenty of media on both sides of the issue. It doesn't necessarily mean that the media is playing a role in my opinion. They are just presenting the data that allows me to form an opinion.

Correct as well, which is my initial point. I do believe that our society has a big problem with how law enforcement is implemented and now with new technology(ie video camera availability) and the media willing to use that technology to any extent, the problem has escalated to be one of prejudice and racism....


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: I Can't Breathe...
PostPosted: December 5th, 2014, 4:41 pm 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: August 23rd, 2005, 11:52 am
Posts: 11991
Location: Summerside
Gardiner wrote:
Blake McKinley wrote:
The conclusion I draw after the evidence is in, in Ferguson is that a young black man was murdered by a cop.
It is pretty corrupt to have a prosecutor donating money to the defense fund of the man he is supposed to be investigating.

In the New York case the entire thing is on video. A black man murdered by white cops.

And those conclusions are based on media reports right?

The incident in New York was ruled a homicide by the coroner.

And that was quite the move by the NY police union blaming the death on the victim. Because he said he couldn't breathe, the union took that as evidence he could breathe so it was not the choke hold that killed him but his poor health. Give me a f*%!ing break!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I Can't Breathe...
PostPosted: December 8th, 2014, 10:47 am 
Offline
Almost an Islander

Joined: February 1st, 2014, 2:15 pm
Posts: 353
a lot of the problem as i see it is the antiquated grand jury system, it seems pretty obvious that in Canada, with the video as strong evidence, criminal charges would have been laid like the guy on the bus in Toronto with the knife.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group