PEIinfo Logo
  Top Banner

Listings Coming Soon
 
Home
* FAQ
* Register

* Login 

Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Lunch Bacon & Clam Chowder at Casa Mia Cafe for $4.95 [Remind Me]

Lunch The Great Canadian Hand Carved Sandwich at Chartwells UPEI for $5.99 [Remind Me]

Lunch Chicken wings & Chips at Casa Mia Cafe for $9.95 [Remind Me]

Supper WING NIGHT!!! at The Old Triangle Irish Alehouse for $0.35 [Remind Me]

Supper Endless Baby Back Ribs at Hunter's Ale House for $22.99 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Beef Pot Pie or Veggie Pot Pie at Beanz Espresso Bar for $9.10 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: PEI Conservative Party Leadership
PostPosted: October 28th, 2014, 10:05 am 
Offline
Tourist

Joined: September 21st, 2012, 1:44 pm
Posts: 46
Watching Compass last night and saw Conservative Party President Peter McQuaid discussing the upcoming leadership, possible leadership candidates, and the past dysfunction of the party...wondering what everyone thinks? rumours on leaders? prospects of the party? upcoming election results?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: PEI Conservative Party Leadership
PostPosted: November 2nd, 2014, 12:59 pm 
Offline
Almost an Islander

Joined: May 19th, 2010, 7:53 pm
Posts: 131
It looks like its going to May 30th. My money is on Aylward!


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: PEI Conservative Party Leadership
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2014, 6:35 pm 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: December 5th, 2008, 9:54 pm
Posts: 4795
I do not believe Mr.Aylward will toss his hat into the ring.
I wonder where is Mr.Ballem? This might be his chance since the backroom is still in his corner.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PEI Conservative Party Leadership
PostPosted: November 4th, 2014, 10:47 pm 
Offline
From Away

Joined: May 19th, 2013, 12:45 pm
Posts: 50
Rob Lantz?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: PEI Conservative Party Leadership
PostPosted: November 5th, 2014, 7:37 am 
Offline
Almost an Islander

Joined: May 19th, 2010, 7:53 pm
Posts: 131
Rob could run to get some profile. Would be hard for him to win leadership as he is from same riding as Ghiz. Islanders and PCs are unlikely to look kindly on two leaders from Brighton.

Rob also faces prospect of being surrounded in his district by the unwanted backroom (i.e. Jason Lea, Murray Murphy, etc.). Many PCs will be wary of that association especially former Olive supporters.

Despite the negatives, Rob may run in hopes of establishing himself for down the road.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: PEI Conservative Party Leadership
PostPosted: November 5th, 2014, 2:56 pm 
Offline
From Away

Joined: June 9th, 2009, 9:20 pm
Posts: 83
Backroom is behind Steven Myers and James Alyward who both kicked Olive Crane out.

Wonder if Crane supporters will launch a 'Anybody by Alyward' campaign?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: PEI Conservative Party Leadership
PostPosted: November 13th, 2014, 4:26 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: September 24th, 2005, 10:23 pm
Posts: 1028
Ricky Ricardo wrote:
Rob Lantz?

PEI could be so lucky. Far brighter and qualified than the bunch of clowns currently running the PEI PCs.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PEI Conservative Party Leadership
PostPosted: November 13th, 2014, 7:03 pm 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: August 23rd, 2005, 11:52 am
Posts: 11991
Location: Summerside
adamfreeland wrote:
Ricky Ricardo wrote:
Rob Lantz?

PEI could be so lucky. Far brighter and qualified than the bunch of clowns currently running the PEI PCs.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PEI Conservative Party Leadership
PostPosted: November 15th, 2014, 12:27 pm 
Offline
Almost an Islander

Joined: May 19th, 2010, 7:53 pm
Posts: 131
Rob Lantz's candidacy certainly become more viable by the recent resignation of Premier Ghiz.

Question remains will the PC grassroots accept a member of the Brighton elite, a group they have been villifying for years?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: PEI Conservative Party Leadership
PostPosted: November 17th, 2014, 6:54 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: December 18th, 2004, 7:43 am
Posts: 1395
Location: Charlottetown
between_the_lines wrote:
It looks like its going to May 30th. My money is on Aylward!


Lebanese Levee changed my opinion of him. In the company of a known drug dealer.Often wonder why some people never get jail time :shock:

_________________
Atheism is Myth-Understood


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PEI Conservative Party Leadership
PostPosted: November 17th, 2014, 6:16 pm 
Offline
Almost an Islander

Joined: November 16th, 2014, 12:56 am
Posts: 286
What is the name of this drug dealer that Aylward was with?
Was the dealer a guest of Aylwards?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: PEI Conservative Party Leadership
PostPosted: November 18th, 2014, 6:19 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: December 18th, 2004, 7:43 am
Posts: 1395
Location: Charlottetown
Blake McKinley wrote:
What is the name of this drug dealer that Aylward was with?
Was the dealer a guest of Aylwards?

If you were there you know the answer to that.
I am not telling anyones name here :roll:

_________________
Atheism is Myth-Understood


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PEI Conservative Party Leadership
PostPosted: November 18th, 2014, 9:43 pm 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: December 5th, 2008, 9:54 pm
Posts: 4795
Sawchain wrote:
Blake McKinley wrote:
What is the name of this drug dealer that Aylward was with?
Was the dealer a guest of Aylwards?

If you were there you know the answer to that.
I am not telling anyones name here :roll:


So why state it then if you do not give details on it?
Was he a guest of Aylards? A friend of his? Someone in the crowd that came up to shake his hand? Someone looking for a job? Did he know him/her? I can go on but it make no sense to.
If we do not know the relationship between the two then the statement is moot.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PEI Conservative Party Leadership
PostPosted: November 19th, 2014, 9:05 am 
Offline
Site Admin (volunteer)
User avatar

Joined: November 1st, 2003, 7:55 am
Posts: 16903
Location: Brackley Beach PE / Lake Wales FL
LostSole wrote:
So why state it then if you do not give details on it?

Says the pot to the kettle :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=34832

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=34624


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: PEI Conservative Party Leadership
PostPosted: November 19th, 2014, 9:40 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: February 25th, 2013, 8:36 pm
Posts: 1526
kreskin wrote:
LostSole wrote:
So why state it then if you do not give details on it?

Says the pot to the kettle :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=34832

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=34624



So true......but none the less, a good point.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: PEI Conservative Party Leadership
PostPosted: November 19th, 2014, 12:41 pm 
Offline
Tourist

Joined: September 21st, 2012, 1:44 pm
Posts: 46
party is going nowhere...when you have the likes of peter mcquaid, murray murphy, Jason lee in there now clamouring positive all you can do is laugh...rob lantz is dumb if he doesn't realize he is just being a puppet...also the party should distance themselves from the self righteous j dan aiken who is a known troublemaker and is just looking a job!


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: PEI Conservative Party Leadership
PostPosted: November 20th, 2014, 12:58 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: December 18th, 2004, 7:43 am
Posts: 1395
Location: Charlottetown
LostSole wrote:
Sawchain wrote:
Blake McKinley wrote:
What is the name of this drug dealer that Aylward was with?
Was the dealer a guest of Aylwards?

If you were there you know the answer to that.
I am not telling anyones name here :roll:


So why state it then if you do not give details on it?
Was he a guest of Aylards? A friend of his? Someone in the crowd that came up to shake his hand? Someone looking for a job? Did he know him/her? I can go on but it make no sense to.
If we do not know the relationship between the two then the statement is moot.

Came in the door together and shared a table.
When I have always wondered what this guys connections are that he never gets jail time. #-o But I can form my own opinion from what I saw.
As anyone else could who was present.

_________________
Atheism is Myth-Understood


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PEI Conservative Party Leadership
PostPosted: November 20th, 2014, 6:56 pm 
Offline
Almost an Islander

Joined: November 16th, 2014, 12:56 am
Posts: 286
And you know for certain that Aylward is aware of this guy's criminal past?
Or NON criminal past if we are to believe that you are only accusing someone who has never been tried or convicted and never named by you.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: PEI Conservative Party Leadership
PostPosted: November 21st, 2014, 9:13 am 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: December 5th, 2008, 9:54 pm
Posts: 4795
kreskin wrote:
LostSole wrote:
So why state it then if you do not give details on it?

Says the pot to the kettle :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=34832

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=34624


The difference is -i was wondering if anyone else heard the same rumor. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PEI Conservative Party Leadership
PostPosted: November 21st, 2014, 9:25 am 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: December 5th, 2008, 9:54 pm
Posts: 4795
Sawchain wrote:
LostSole wrote:
Sawchain wrote:
Blake McKinley wrote:
What is the name of this drug dealer that Aylward was with?
Was the dealer a guest of Aylwards?

If you were there you know the answer to that.
I am not telling anyones name here :roll:


So why state it then if you do not give details on it?
Was he a guest of Aylards? A friend of his? Someone in the crowd that came up to shake his hand? Someone looking for a job? Did he know him/her? I can go on but it make no sense to.
If we do not know the relationship between the two then the statement is moot.

Came in the door together and shared a table.
When I have always wondered what this guys connections are that he never gets jail time. #-o But I can form my own opinion from what I saw.
As anyone else could who was present.


So it would seem they are both acquainted to each other and could be friends even.

As to why some never get caught i have wondered this also.Since the Island is so small and news travel fast and gossip even faster. :lol:
I have a friend in policing and put this question to him.His reply was maybe he/she was a confidential informant and was giving enough info to make it worth it not to bust them.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group