* Login 

Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Lunch Sunday Brunch at Rodd Royalty for $16.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Bobby Morrissey running in Egmont
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2014, 5:08 pm 
Almost an Islander

i see Robert Morrissey is throwing his hat in the ring for the Liberal nomination in Egmont, if he wins the Liberal nomination, it will make for an interesting election in Egmont against Gail Shea for sure.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Bobby Morrissey running in Egmont
PostPosted: September 5th, 2014, 9:47 pm 

Why is that?

Bobby is not as popular as he once was, nor does he like to lose. When the Liberals knew they were going to lose Provincially, Bobby retired from provincial politics rather than lose. Last Federal election, Bobby won the nomination, then after campaigning realized that he wasn't going to beat Gail dropped out.

Never hold your farts in. They travel to your brain and that's where shitty ideas come from.

PostPosted: September 5th, 2014, 10:02 pm 

Biggest factor in the Egmont nomination is there are too many candidates running. This will split the votes up and cause fractions within the district.

Not sure why 2.5 Summerside candidates running, J Watson McNaught was the last Federal Candidate who was from Summerside who won the nomination and the seat in the election back in the late 60's. West Prince will not allow someone from Summerside to win.

My personal opinion is that the draw will come down to Bobby Morrissey and Robert Gallant.

Robert has been working this nomination for the last two years, has pounded a lot of pavement and "wants" this nomination.

Gilles, should stick to his day job, shouldn't be a contender outside Evangeline, if they even support him 100%

Don Reid, again, not sure why he entered, very little support outside Summerside, and would think very little support in Summerside.

Tina Mundy - never ever should have walked away from City politics, being a turn coat opportunist won't earn her enough delegates. She hasn't done enough in Summerside to make her known enough to sway West Prince delegates to her camp. Tina should have stayed Tory and ran provincially and made a real name for herself, win or lose this time around she would have been prime for next election. Right now her political career is dead.

Never hold your farts in. They travel to your brain and that's where shitty ideas come from.

PostPosted: September 6th, 2014, 6:54 pm 

Is Robert Gallant the Pizza Shop owner?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: September 7th, 2014, 8:27 am 

Dr. Pepper wrote:
Is Robert Gallant the Pizza Shop owner?

Yes, he owns Michael's Pizzeria in Summerside

PostPosted: September 7th, 2014, 6:34 pm 

He's yesterdays news, when he was in before he couldn't even put a coherent sentence together. A cardboard cutout from the theatre would make more sense.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: September 7th, 2014, 6:38 pm 

Does Robert Gallant have the profile to win in a general election? A former provincial minister and a city councillor would have a high profile with the non partisan, undecided electorate I would have thought?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: September 12th, 2014, 8:15 pm 

Dr. Pepper wrote:
Does Robert Gallant have the profile to win in a general election? A former provincial minister and a city councillor would have a high profile with the non partisan, undecided electorate I would have thought?

Robert has been working this the last two years, winning a nomination doesn't automatically give you a win in an election.

Do I think any of the 5 will beat Gail, not really.

PostPosted: September 13th, 2014, 7:43 am 
Almost an Islander

what about Herb Dickison's announcement, does this change anything? i just find it a very interesting looking election Up West.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: September 13th, 2014, 11:07 am 

townie2 wrote:
what about Herb Dickison's announcement, does this change anything? i just find it a very interesting looking election Up West.

It changes nothing really, NDP on PEI are not on the radar no matter who it is. Had Layton still been around and it looked like he could form the next gov't I would have given Herb a better chance, however Federally the NDP will quickly move back to 3rd party status Herb is wasting his time.

PostPosted: September 13th, 2014, 8:29 pm 
True Islander

I wouldn't say Dickieson is wasting his time. He may not win, but he'll be able to bring attention to some issues that may have been disregarded by the other two parties.

PostPosted: September 15th, 2014, 11:11 pm 

Dr. Herb is a great candidate. I also saw Compass last week where Councillor Mundy had a big announcement and looks like her campaign is growing. Also Morrisey seems confident from watching his release as well. Maybe Shea is rethinking whether she will run again?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: September 16th, 2014, 4:34 am 
Almost an Islander

from what i heard, she wasn't going to run again, but PM Harper bribed her to stay with the EI changes to Egmont. i'm not saying its true, just saying.

Profile E-mail