* Login 

Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Supper 25 Cent Wings at Hunter's Ale House for $0.25 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Liberal fundraising doubles other parties
PostPosted: June 6th, 2014, 8:32 am 
Almost an Islander

Liberal fundraising doubles other parties

What I immediately found disgusting is at top of Liberal donors list:
Bell Aliant: $4555.20

The same company that Ghiz gov gave untendered rural internet deal to. Which is screwing rural islanders with outrageous internet prices for slow internet ($66.45 before tax per month for 1.5mbps). Of course they have no problem sending me pamplets about cheap faster internet that I can't get...

Oddly Eastlink gave them ~$2000. I guess since they are in power you gotta give them donation favours even if they screw you.

$90 grand was contributions not exceeding $250 (so probably mostly individuals).

I wonder how many PNP recipients are on there giving back. Anyone do a cross list check?

Corporations should be banned from donating. With such a small province, the "scratch my back I'll scratch yours" is very easy.

Sorry had to rant when I saw the news article and Bell Aliant.

Post subject: Re: Liberal fundraising doubles other parties
PostPosted: June 6th, 2014, 3:28 pm 
True Islander

balkoth wrote:
Liberal fundraising doubles other parties

What I immediately found disgusting is at top of Liberal donors list:
Bell Aliant: $4555.20

The same company that Ghiz gov gave untendered rural internet deal to. Which is screwing rural islanders with outrageous internet prices for slow internet ($66.45 before tax per month for 1.5mbps). Of course they have no problem sending me pamplets about cheap faster internet that I can't get...

Oddly Eastlink gave them ~$2000. I guess since they are in power you gotta give them donation favours even if they screw you.

$90 grand was contributions not exceeding $250 (so probably mostly individuals).

I wonder how many PNP recipients are on there giving back. Anyone do a cross list check?

Corporations should be banned from donating. With such a small province, the "scratch my back I'll scratch yours" is very easy.

Sorry had to rant when I saw the news article and Bell Aliant.

If corporations were denies from donating,the companies could just donate in the employees names.
I would rather see the names of companies and people who donate published in the media.
If a party is wanting to represent the taxpayer then said party should be open to any investigation of where their funding is obtained.

Post subject: Re: Liberal fundraising doubles other parties
PostPosted: June 27th, 2014, 9:46 am 

Wow. $4555 is incredibly insignificant. If that's all it costs to buy preferential treatment around here, allow me to go get my chequebook. And it's tax deductible!