Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Lunch Fajita Friday at Chartwells UPEI for $5.29 [Remind Me]

Lunch Roast Turkey Buffet at Rodd Charlottetown for $13.99 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Re: 20 to 1
PostPosted: March 29th, 2014, 5:45 pm 

R2R711 wrote:
craiger wrote:
R2R711 wrote:
sasha wrote:
R2R711 wrote:
Nomie wrote:
R2R711 wrote:
not what I been hearing

you've been hearing wrong

apparently so has a lot of others then

You should note a list of all the people saying it and assume anything else they "hear" again is wrong.

just like gov didn't invest money into the mink ranch...

You do realize that the temporary foreign worker program is a federal program, right? The provincial government has no involvement in it.

does it matter who funds the programs? still invites them here..

Government does not invite anyone. You make it sound as if government workers go around the world giving away invitations to people to come to PEI and pick strawberries. Employers would not bother looking to people from away if they would be able to find people locally who can do the job for the price they can afford to pay. Before you say "Employers should pay more", think if you would be willing to pay $10 for pound of PEI strawberries if you can get strawberries from California for $3.99. At the end of the day both PEI strawberries and California strawberries cost the same because they are picked by Mexicans who get no CPP, no benefits and no workers compensation when they get hurt.

Also, just to give some perspective to this conversation, how many Islanders do you currently employ?

PostPosted: March 29th, 2014, 5:56 pm 
True Islander

R2R711 wrote:
sasha wrote:
R2R711 wrote:
Nomie wrote:
R2R711 wrote:
not what I been hearing

You should note a list of all the people saying it and assume anything else they "hear" again is wrong.

Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove ALL doubt.
Jesus Christ. This garbage about government paying half the wages of foreigners has been the talk of the waterheads for years. It is FALSE.
Get it through your heads.
And stop making moronic false analogies like the funding for a mink ranch that is showing profit.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 29th, 2014, 6:03 pm 
From Away

sasha wrote:
R2R711 wrote:
craiger wrote:
R2R711 wrote:
sasha wrote:
R2R711 wrote:
Nomie wrote:
R2R711 wrote:
not what I been hearing

You do realize that the temporary foreign worker program is a federal program, right? The provincial government has no involvement in it.

Government does not invite anyone. You make it sound as if government workers go around the world giving away invitations to people to come to PEI and pick strawberries. Employers would not bother looking to people from away if they would be able to find people locally who can do the job for the price they can afford to pay. Before you say "Employers should pay more", think if you would be willing to pay $10 for pound of PEI strawberries if you can get strawberries from California for $3.99. At the end of the day both PEI strawberries and California strawberries cost the same because they are picked by Mexicans who get no CPP, no benefits and no workers compensation when they get hurt.

Also, just to give some perspective to this conversation, how many Islanders do you currently employ?

I know guys that say they been turned down over workers from other countrys...I think theres more incentive then what being seen....a lot wont pay ....bring in American lobster and pkg as Canadian and hire people from other countries...I'm sure they can afford to pay since there the ones making all the money

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 29th, 2014, 6:48 pm 

R2R711 wrote:
Nomie wrote:
R2R711 wrote:
sasha wrote:
R2R711 wrote:
Nomie wrote:
R2R711 wrote:
not what I been hearing

So you have an issue with gov providing money to local business which in turn will help the economy of the Island?

oh..so how is it helping by hiring people from other countries?

I'm talking about the mink ranch. Dear goodness you can't keep a strait train of thought if the tracks were laid out for you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 29th, 2014, 7:23 pm 
From Away

Nomie wrote:
R2R711 wrote:
Nomie wrote:
R2R711 wrote:
sasha wrote:
R2R711 wrote:
Nomie wrote:
R2R711 wrote:
not what I been hearing

So you have an issue with gov providing money to local business which in turn will help the economy of the Island?

oh..so how is it helping by hiring people from other countries?

I'm talking about the mink ranch. Dear goodness you can't keep a strait train of thought if the tracks were laid out for you.

who do you figure mostly going to be working there? you must be the board know it all with your smart ass remarks

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 29th, 2014, 7:42 pm 
True Islander

Since we are on the subject of foreign workers. :lol:

Why are we shipping manufacturing work over to say China when it can be done here.It is because of the cheap rate of pay for the workers where the profit is made.So why do we not just ship in the poorly paid people from said factories and do the work here.Instead of sweat shops in other countries picking up our manufacturing we will be able to do it here and save on shipping.

PostPosted: March 29th, 2014, 8:00 pm 

LostSole wrote:
Since we are on the subject of foreign workers. :lol:

Why are we shipping manufacturing work over to say China when it can be done here.It is because of the cheap rate of pay for the workers where the profit is made.So why do we not just ship in the poorly paid people from said factories and do the work here.Instead of sweat shops in other countries picking up our manufacturing we will be able to do it here and save on shipping.

I do not know exact amounts, but $10 in China can do much more than $10 here. Cost of worker here has to account for prices of food accommodations here - those prices are lower in China so the cost of worker in China is much lower. That is just one part of it - China is also artificially keeping currency ratio so it works in their favour. Western governments cannot do anything about it ( as they have no support of their own people who would never accept %300 increase in prices of wallmart junk) so China has free reign.

PostPosted: March 29th, 2014, 10:39 pm 
Almost an Islander

R2R711 wrote:
sasha wrote:
R2R711 wrote:
craiger wrote:
R2R711 wrote:
sasha wrote:
R2R711 wrote:
Nomie wrote:
R2R711 wrote:
not what I been hearing

I know guys that say they been turned down over workers from other countrys...I think theres more incentive then what being seen....a lot wont pay ....bring in American lobster and pkg as Canadian and hire people from other countries...I'm sure they can afford to pay since there the ones making all the money

Oh, I get it now. You're a pissed off fisherman. You are spreading lies, by the way. No processor is claiming American caught lobtser as Atlantic Canadian. If it came from the States, it is marked as such. If you don`t believe me, give the CFIA a call. Thanks for the racist `The Outsiders Took the Job I Never Wanted Rant` Nice touch.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 30th, 2014, 7:12 am 
From Away

islander1 wrote:
R2R711 wrote:
sasha wrote:
R2R711 wrote:
craiger wrote:
R2R711 wrote:
sasha wrote:
R2R711 wrote:
Nomie wrote:
R2R711 wrote:
not what I been hearing

Oh, I get it now. You're a pissed off fisherman. You are spreading lies, by the way. No processor is claiming American caught lobtser as Atlantic Canadian. If it came from the States, it is marked as such. If you don`t believe me, give the CFIA a call. Thanks for the racist `The Outsiders Took the Job I Never Wanted Rant` Nice touch.

the so called lies are already spread because everyone says the same thing ,,they can bring in American lobster and long as its processed here its can be marked product of Canada... I see a lot of name calling so called islanders on here I guess I might as well be racist ...you should go on CBC and straighten all us uninformed islanders out ...give us the right facts ..never new how miss informed most islanders are till I come on here and found you people...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 30th, 2014, 9:43 am 
True Islander

R2R711 wrote:
islander1 wrote:
R2R711 wrote:
sasha wrote:
R2R711 wrote:
craiger wrote:
R2R711 wrote:
sasha wrote:
R2R711 wrote:
Nomie wrote:
R2R711 wrote:
not what I been hearing

the so called lies are already spread because everyone says the same thing ,,they can bring in American lobster and long as its processed here its can be marked product of Canada... I see a lot of name calling so called islanders on here I guess I might as well be racist ...you should go on CBC and straighten all us uninformed islanders out ...give us the right facts ..never new how miss informed most islanders are till I come on here and found you people...

You got to be thick skinned to survive on this site. :lol:
Either that or just do not value the opinions of some other have on you.
As i say- don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff. :lol:

PostPosted: March 30th, 2014, 10:25 am 
True Islander

R2R711 wrote:

The only ones who are uninformed are the ones who believe the line of horses**t you have been spewing. Clueless.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 30th, 2014, 10:43 am 
True Islander

Raiders wrote:
R2R711 wrote:

The only ones who are uninformed are the ones who believe the line of horses**t you have been spewing. Clueless.

Can you clarify raiders?

You are in a postion to know the ins and outs of how processing and such works. I was under the same assumption as R2R711, that product processed here was marketed as "product of".

PostPosted: March 30th, 2014, 11:03 am 
True Islander

linetwig wrote:
Raiders wrote:
R2R711 wrote:

Can you clarify raiders?

You are in a postion to know the ins and outs of how processing and such works. I was under the same assumption as R2R711, that product processed here was marketed as "product of".

http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/fss ... este.shtml

How does Product of Canada apply to fish and seafood?

Wild fish and seafood products can be labelled Product of Canada when caught by vessels in Canadian waters (or adjacent waters as per Canadian regulatory fishing quotas) and the products from the fish and seafood are processed in a Canadian establishment using Canadian ingredients.

PostPosted: March 30th, 2014, 12:47 pm 
From Away

Raiders wrote:
R2R711 wrote:

you a gov employee or whats reason to be so defensive...you seem to think I'm the only one saying this? clean up your mouth while your at it

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 30th, 2014, 12:49 pm 
From Away

LostSole wrote:
linetwig wrote:
Raiders wrote:
R2R711 wrote:

Can you clarify raiders?

http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/fss ... este.shtml

How does Product of Canada apply to fish and seafood?

Wild fish and seafood products can be labelled Product of Canada when caught by vessels in Canadian waters (or adjacent waters as per Canadian regulatory fishing quotas) and the products from the fish and seafood are processed in a Canadian establishment using Canadian ingredients.

so maine considered adjacent waters? if it is then its still American lobster caught by American fishermen

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 30th, 2014, 12:55 pm 
From Away

LostSole wrote:
R2R711 wrote:
islander1 wrote:
R2R711 wrote:
sasha wrote:
R2R711 wrote:
craiger wrote:
R2R711 wrote:
sasha wrote:
R2R711 wrote:
Nomie wrote:
R2R711 wrote:
not what I been hearing

You got to be thick skinned to survive on this site. :lol:
Either that or just do not value the opinions of some other have on you.
As i say- don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff. :lol:

lol..I been on tougher sites ..not letting some big mouths worry me to much...just because they cant behave themselves and talk decent without name calling to try push their point..... [-X

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 30th, 2014, 2:59 pm 
True Islander

linetwig wrote:
Raiders wrote:
R2R711 wrote:

Can you clarify raiders?

I'm referring to the bulls**t about companies getting half of the salaries for foreign workers from government. It's an idea that idiots have been going on about for years with zero evidence. Just clowns parroting clowns.

Who the hell cares about the lobster? It's the exact same product. If it is process in Canada then it IS a product of Canada.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 30th, 2014, 3:21 pm 
True Islander

Raiders wrote:
linetwig wrote:
Raiders wrote:
R2R711 wrote:

Can you clarify raiders?

I'm referring to the bulls**t about companies getting half of the salaries for foreign workers from government. It's an idea that idiots have been going on about for years with zero evidence. Just clowns parroting clowns.

Who the hell cares about the lobster? It's the exact same product. If it is process in Canada then it IS a product of Canada.

I would think a lot would care.
If enough were imported and label as Canadian it could affect the price here what the fishers are receiving for their product.

PostPosted: March 30th, 2014, 3:22 pm 
Almost an Islander

linetwig wrote:
I was under the same assumption as R2R711, that product processed here was marketed as "product of".

That is the case. Even the packaging materials can be foreign. At least, that's the lies CBC's Marketplace and the Government of Canada has publicly said.

- Jesus of Nazareth, Matt. 26:52

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 30th, 2014, 3:30 pm 
True Islander

LostSole wrote:
I would think a lot would care.
If enough were imported and label as Canadian it could affect the price here what the fishers are receiving for their product.

How would labeling it Canadian affect prices?

Profile E-mail