Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Re: 20 to 1
PostPosted: March 30th, 2014, 3:33 pm 
True Islander

Raiders wrote:
LostSole wrote:
I would think a lot would care.
If enough were imported and label as Canadian it could affect the price here what the fishers are receiving for their product.

How would labeling it Canadian affect prices?

Quality,amount and price of purchase.

PostPosted: March 30th, 2014, 3:41 pm 
From Away

Raiders wrote:
linetwig wrote:
Raiders wrote:
R2R711 wrote:
the so called lies are already spread because everyone says the same thing ,,they can bring in American lobster and long as its processed here its can be marked product of Canada... I see a lot of name calling so called islanders on here I guess I might as well be racist ...you should go on CBC and straighten all us uninformed islanders out ...give us the right facts ..never new how miss informed most islanders are till I come on here and found you people...

The only ones who are uninformed are the ones who believe the line of horses**t you have been spewing. Clueless.

Can you clarify raiders?

You are in a postion to know the ins and outs of how processing and such works. I was under the same assumption as R2R711, that product processed here was marketed as "product of".

I'm referring to the bulls**t about companies getting half of the salaries for foreign workers from government. It's an idea that idiots have been going on about for years with zero evidence. Just clowns parroting clowns.

Who the hell cares about the lobster? It's the exact same product. If it is process in Canada then it IS a product of Canada.

I think you quoted me saying American lobster was pkg as such... and sir our lobster is better then American lobster people do care where it comes from....hell theres a diff in north side and south side lobster ....you think American lobster is the same?. #-o .go eat U.S spuds too ...

Last edited by R2R711 on March 30th, 2014, 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 30th, 2014, 3:43 pm 
From Away

Justin O'Brien wrote:
linetwig wrote:
I was under the same assumption as R2R711, that product processed here was marketed as "product of".

That is the case. Even the packaging materials can be foreign. At least, that's the lies CBC's Marketplace and the Government of Canada has publicly said.

to many loop hole that allows them to false advertise IMO

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 30th, 2014, 3:46 pm 
From Away

LostSole wrote:
Raiders wrote:
linetwig wrote:
Raiders wrote:
R2R711 wrote:
the so called lies are already spread because everyone says the same thing ,,they can bring in American lobster and long as its processed here its can be marked product of Canada... I see a lot of name calling so called islanders on here I guess I might as well be racist ...you should go on CBC and straighten all us uninformed islanders out ...give us the right facts ..never new how miss informed most islanders are till I come on here and found you people...

The only ones who are uninformed are the ones who believe the line of horses**t you have been spewing. Clueless.

Can you clarify raiders?

You are in a postion to know the ins and outs of how processing and such works. I was under the same assumption as R2R711, that product processed here was marketed as "product of".

I'm referring to the bulls**t about companies getting half of the salaries for foreign workers from government. It's an idea that idiots have been going on about for years with zero evidence. Just clowns parroting clowns.

Who the hell cares about the lobster? It's the exact same product. If it is process in Canada then it IS a product of Canada.

If enough were imported and label as Canadian it could affect the price here what the fishers are receiving for their product.

exactly...buying them cheap and not buying Canadian lobster or paying low prices for Canadian lobster or products....now that our dollar is low you should see the prices payed at the warf increase...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 30th, 2014, 4:25 pm 
True Islander

LostSole wrote:
Raiders wrote:
LostSole wrote:

Meaning what?
Answer the question.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 30th, 2014, 4:28 pm 
True Islander

R2R711 wrote:
and sir our lobster is better then American lobster

Total load of bulls**t.
I guess the person who posted you are just a disgruntled lobster fisher is right.
The are EXACTLY the same lobster. THEY ALL vary in quality depending on the time of year.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 30th, 2014, 4:43 pm 
From Away

Raiders wrote:
R2R711 wrote:
and sir our lobster is better then American lobster

Total load of bulls**t.
I guess the person who posted you are just a disgruntled lobster fisher is right.
The are EXACTLY the same lobster. THEY ALL vary in quality depending on the time of year.

you really think theres no diff.? had a guy who fished north side for years admitting the south side had a better taste and you say no diff...quality is soft shell vs hard...hard lobster tends to be dry and less taste you are the one full bull sh*&%...I think you must work in gov.. not disgruntled...annoyed maybe...whats your beef with fishermen anyhow?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 30th, 2014, 4:50 pm 
True Islander

Raiders wrote:
LostSole wrote:
Raiders wrote:
LostSole wrote:

Meaning what?
Answer the question.

Quality-the taste and texture of said product.
Amount-how many pounds that are imported and processed.
Price of purchase-if product could be bought cheaper might mean more profit after shipping and processing.

PostPosted: March 30th, 2014, 6:37 pm 

This is what the CFIA has to say about seafood labelling.

Q - How does Product of Canada apply to fish and seafood?

A - Wild fish and seafood products can be labelled Product of Canada when caught by vessels in Canadian waters (or adjacent waters as per Canadian regulatory fishing quotas) and the products from the fish and seafood are processed in a Canadian establishment using Canadian ingredients.

In the case of farmed fish and seafood, the farm must be located in Canada, and the processing must occur in a Canadian establishment with the use of Canadian ingredients.

http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/fss ... este.shtml

Ed

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 30th, 2014, 7:39 pm 
True Islander

Ex-racer wrote:

A - Wild fish and seafood products can be labelled Product of Canada when caught by vessels in Canadian waters (or adjacent waters as per Canadian regulatory fishing quotas) and the products from the fish and seafood are processed in a Canadian establishment using Canadian ingredients.

In the case of farmed fish and seafood, the farm must be located in Canada, and the processing must occur in a Canadian establishment with the use of Canadian ingredients.

Ed

I posted that link and quote on page two.

This is the part that leaves a door open to interpretation -
adjacent waters as per Canadian regulatory fishing quotas.

PostPosted: March 30th, 2014, 7:41 pm 
True Islander

Ex-racer wrote:

Ed

So in essence they can be caught in Maine and if packaged in Canada they can be called Canadian lobster. Still a lie to me.

I'm no lobster expert although i worked on lobsters for many years ,you can tell where they came from by the colors,the taste is better when fed salted herring,yummmmm. Makes the meat sweeter.
Soft shell lobster means they just molted and the shells aren't hardened yet. Harder shells are better for shipping. Protein count should be up there also to measure the health of the lobster.
You really can't say the same lobster unless you track them. Lobsters south of the border aren't as good as Canadian ones. Also had dealings with those.
See what i mean when i sat he has CD gets very upset when his world is rocked.

“Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking...” Leo Tolstoy