PEIinfo Logo
  Top Banner

Listings Coming Soon
 
Home
* FAQ
* Register

* Login 

Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Lunch Sunday Brunch at Rodd Royalty for $16.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Ukraine is among top 50 world gold holders
PostPosted: March 18th, 2014, 8:33 pm 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: September 20th, 2011, 8:18 pm
Posts: 4181
My position on Crimea is that we should stay out of it.
I am tired of our governments picking and choosing which democracy they consider to be legitimate.
If Russia claims a stake in the Ukraine and a majority Russian population votes to secede from the Ukraine then that is their business.

We are not the world police and the US is not the world police. Let others make their decisions and live with the consequences.

The level of hypocrisy of the US claiming that the Russian actions here are undemocratic or illegal is beyond belief.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ukraine is among top 50 world gold holders
PostPosted: March 18th, 2014, 8:41 pm 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: December 5th, 2008, 9:54 pm
Posts: 4795
Raiders wrote:
My position on Crimea is that we should stay out of it.
I am tired of our governments picking and choosing which democracy they consider to be legitimate.
If Russia claims a stake in the Ukraine and a majority Russian population votes to secede from the Ukraine then that is their business.

We are not the world police and the US is not the world police. Let others make their decisions and live with the consequences.

The level of hypocrisy of the US claiming that the Russian actions here are undemocratic or illegal is beyond belief.


I totally agree with your point of view.
Now,so why is Obama so hell bent on getting Crimea into the E.U ?
And why does he want Russia out of the G8?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ukraine is among top 50 world gold holders
PostPosted: March 18th, 2014, 8:49 pm 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: September 20th, 2011, 8:18 pm
Posts: 4181
LostSole wrote:
I totally agree with your point of view.
Now,so why is Obama so hell bent on getting Crimea into the E.U ?
And why does he want Russia out of the G8?


Political posturing.
Americans have tiny little nuts. The only way in their minds to make people think they are the home of the brave is to spend exorbitant amounts of money on big guns and to talk real tough.

Absolutely nothing that Obama or the other tools down there or even Harper for that matter means a thing. We have no influence over Russia because we have to many common interests.

This will all be water under the bridge in 6 months. The world will have forgotten that Crimea was ever NOT a Russian territory.

There are a few however in the US that are trying to take advantage of the situation who have connections to the oil lobby. The ones who are saying that the only way to prevent the Russians from doing this is to drill drill drill and frac frac frac.
Russia does have a huge influence because of their natural gas resources. That isn't going to change no matter how much natural gas North America produces because it costs too damn much to superchill it to send it to Europe. The only efficient way to transport it is by pipeline and there will never be a pipeline from North America to Europe.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ukraine is among top 50 world gold holders
PostPosted: March 18th, 2014, 9:10 pm 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: December 5th, 2008, 9:54 pm
Posts: 4795
I agree Obama is just doing this for political status.
Sanctions will not work since Russia is self sufficient.
It might be about the price of oil since Putin said he was going to drop his price to Crimea.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/18/world/eur ... ?hpt=hp_t2

U.S. and EU officials imposed sanctions on more than two dozen Russian and Crimean officials Monday and have urged Russia to avoid escalating the crisis, but Moscow has ignored those calls.

Also i never even thought of this till i read it.

"It is absolutely not in the U.S. interest to impose sanctions on Russia, because who will take American astronauts to space if not us Russians?" Korobko asked.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ukraine is among top 50 world gold holders
PostPosted: March 18th, 2014, 9:27 pm 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: September 20th, 2011, 8:18 pm
Posts: 4181
LostSole wrote:

U.S. and EU officials imposed sanctions on more than two dozen Russian and Crimean officials....



Symbolic. You will notice that they did not impose any sanctions on Putin himself.
They need Putin. They will never admit it but it is fact.
This is not a matter of liking Putin or hating Putin. He just happens to be the guy in charge at this moment in history and he is carrying a very strong hand.

All of the posturing doesn't change the fact the Putin has to be worked with, not against.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ukraine is among top 50 world gold holders
PostPosted: March 18th, 2014, 10:23 pm 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: November 26th, 2006, 12:15 am
Posts: 3248
Raiders wrote:
The topic at hand is how much gold the Ukraine has. Who cares how much gold they have other than the conspiracy wackos?
It has ZERO to do with what is happening in the Ukraine at the moment.

It does have relevancy at hand when the banksters were there hammering out the money situation days before the legit Gov was scared out of it's offices.Coincidence i think NOT. Propaganda campaign was waged against the legit gov factions in that very same gov took over and had the gold shipped out.

_________________
“Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking...” Leo Tolstoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ukraine is among top 50 world gold holders
PostPosted: March 18th, 2014, 10:39 pm 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: November 26th, 2006, 12:15 am
Posts: 3248
LostSole wrote:
I agree Obama is just doing this for political status.
Sanctions will not work since Russia is self sufficient.
It might be about the price of oil since Putin said he was going to drop his price to Crimea.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/18/world/eur ... ?hpt=hp_t2

U.S. and EU officials imposed sanctions on more than two dozen Russian and Crimean officials Monday and have urged Russia to avoid escalating the crisis, but Moscow has ignored those calls.

Also i never even thought of this till i read it.

"It is absolutely not in the U.S. interest to impose sanctions on Russia, because who will take American astronauts to space if not us Russians?" Korobko asked.

1 obvious piece of information maybe you didn't know Ukraine and Crimea already gets discounts on their oil due to the fact the pipelines runs through them. The oil goes mostly to western Europe so to corner Putin is futile because thy would be committing suicide. They also found oil in Ukraine. Russia as well as the other BRICS countries are forming a plan to use the old gold standard and trading with their dollars and dumping the US petro dollar which they have been doing. Putin also scooped up 30% more shares of Russia own oil company that the Europeans owned. With all the scare mongering the US has done has only further concentrated Russia's oil industry.
as well the top Russian Oligarchy have been shedding their shares of US companies and investing in China and other countries furthering US 's decline. They are HYPOCRITES .

How is Ukraine supposed to operate on the gold standard if they have no gold? Is this how Germany is getting paid? US has admitted in the past they haven't held gold since the 1930 to back their dollar. Right now you could wipe your a$$ with it because its worthless.

_________________
“Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking...” Leo Tolstoy


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 4 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group