PEIinfo Logo
  Top Banner

Listings Coming Soon
 
Home
* FAQ
* Register

* Login 

Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Supper WING NIGHT!!! at The Old Triangle Irish Alehouse for $0.35 [Remind Me]

Supper Endless Baby Back Ribs at Hunter's Ale House for $22.99 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Beef Pot Pie or Veggie Pot Pie at Beanz Espresso Bar for $9.10 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Kiev snipers hired by Maidan leaders - leaked
PostPosted: March 5th, 2014, 2:42 pm 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: November 26th, 2006, 12:15 am
Posts: 3248
Quote:
Kiev snipers hired by Maidan leaders - leaked EU's Ashton phone tape

The snipers who shot at protesters and police in Kiev were allegedly hired by Maidan leaders, according to a leaked phone conversation between the EU foreign affairs chief Catherine Ashton and Estonian foreign affairs minister, which has emerged online.

“There is now stronger and stronger understanding that behind the snipers, it was not Yanukovich, but it was somebody from the new coalition,” Paet said during the conversation.

“I think we do want to investigate. I mean, I didn’t pick that up, that’s interesting. Gosh,” Ashton answered.

The call took place after Estonia’s Foreign Minister Urmas Paet visited Kiev on February 25 at the peak of clashes between the pro-EU protesters and security forces in the Ukrainian capital.

http://rt.com/news/ashton-maidan-snipers-estonia-946/#.Uxcthn_IUtQ.twitter

The phone convo is in the link.

Other facts western media may not tell you.

Russia’s 25,000-troop allowance & other facts you may not know about Crimea
http://rt.com/news/russian-troops-crimea-ukraine-816/

Facts are listed on the site.

_________________
“Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking...” Leo Tolstoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kiev snipers hired by Maidan leaders - leaked
PostPosted: March 5th, 2014, 4:44 pm 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: September 20th, 2011, 8:18 pm
Posts: 4181
Really?
You are using a federally funded Russian news organization as a legitimate source of information on this issue?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kiev snipers hired by Maidan leaders - leaked
PostPosted: March 5th, 2014, 5:16 pm 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: November 26th, 2006, 12:15 am
Posts: 3248
They are unlike our own able to speak their minds. Why not get the perspective from another side? You get a much clearer picture.



It is CONFIRMED. The convo. took place. again it's over the oil and gas.
Estonia: Leaked Ashton Ukraine Conversation 'Authentic'

Estonia's Foreign Ministry says a leaked phone conversation between Foreign Minister Urmas Paet and European Union foreign-policy chief Catherine Ashton is authentic.
http://www.rferl.org/content/ukraine-as ... 86848.html


US a full partner in Ukraine debacle
https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/col ... story.html

Yet more conformation to what i've been saying.

_________________
“Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking...” Leo Tolstoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kiev snipers hired by Maidan leaders - leaked
PostPosted: March 5th, 2014, 5:26 pm 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: September 20th, 2011, 8:18 pm
Posts: 4181
Wow. You really have no desire to appear credible at all do you?

From you so called Estonian source. ZERO confirmation.

Quote:
Some Russian media interpreted Paet's remark as his confirmation of a "link between the snipers in Maidan and leaders of [the then-]opposition."


The other link is an opinion piece. Which of course YOU would label as 100% fact as long as the opinion matched your pre-determined beliefs.

What a joke.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kiev snipers hired by Maidan leaders - leaked
PostPosted: March 5th, 2014, 7:12 pm 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: August 23rd, 2005, 11:52 am
Posts: 11991
Location: Summerside
saherbal wrote:
They are unlike our own able to speak their minds. Why not get the perspective from another side? You get a much clearer picture.

Ah yes, the Russian media. The last bastion of critical, independent journalism. :shock:

Russia is actually ranked 148th out of 179 countries in terms of the 2013 World Press Freedom Index.

Quote:
In Eastern Europe, Russia (148th, -6) has fallen again because, since Vladimir Putin’s return to the presidency, repression has been stepped up in response to an unprecedented wave of opposition protests. The country also continues to be marked by the unacceptable failure to punish all those who have murdered or attacked journalists.

http://en.rsf.org/press-freedom-index-2013,1054.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kiev snipers hired by Maidan leaders - leaked
PostPosted: March 5th, 2014, 7:21 pm 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: November 26th, 2006, 12:15 am
Posts: 3248
It's funny you listen to the Corp owned papers that are orchestrating the coup for oil. You are ridiculous. It's plain to see.
Quote:
A senior US State Department official has allegedly been caught giving an unexpected message to the EU while discussing Ukrainian opposition leaders’ roles in the country’s future government. The phone call was taped and posted on YouTube.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSxaa-67yGM#t=212
Same as this tape but the US papers didn't pick it up for some odd reason. Victoria Nuland
But the State dept. didn't deny it and she apologized,for her comments. So what does that tell you ? Can't you follow the bread crumbs.
I don't take everything as gospel but it does give credence to what is happening.
No i don't label as fact,you think i do. Same as usual. It gives another perspective on the situation. You can only sit in 1 place and see 1 side of things. Why don't you go and do some searching and debunk my articles.


have you watched RT? I have and trust me The US wouldn't allow What RT does on air to be said.
case in point.
Russia Today Anchor Speaks Out Against Invasion Of Ukraine: 'What Russia Did Is Wrong'
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/0 ... 95679.html

Lizzie Palen is another and said the same thing works for the same company.

_________________
“Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking...” Leo Tolstoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kiev snipers hired by Maidan leaders - leaked
PostPosted: March 5th, 2014, 7:55 pm 
Offline
Site Admin (volunteer)
User avatar

Joined: November 1st, 2003, 7:55 am
Posts: 16903
Location: Brackley Beach PE / Lake Wales FL
saherbal wrote:
It's funny you listen to the Corp owned papers that are orchestrating the coup for oil. You are ridiculous. It's plain to see.

Sorry, but you lost me in terms of your credibility when you said that the Russian media "are unlike our own able to speak their minds".

Your bias is so blatant as to be disturbing.

I'm always willing to listen to a different side in a story, but when you come up with statements like that, my brain just shuts off and I move on to the next topic of discussion.

Perhaps that is my loss (in terms of understanding the situation), but as is often the case when you are trying to present a viewpoint, you turn off your audience (shut down a lot of brains) when you make wildly ridiculous statements like the above and/or quote highly questionable (or at least very heavily vested) sources ... sometimes, you are your own worst enemy in an argument.




Sooooooo, how about those NHL trades today? Think Luongo will flourish back in Florida again?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kiev snipers hired by Maidan leaders - leaked
PostPosted: March 5th, 2014, 8:09 pm 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: November 26th, 2006, 12:15 am
Posts: 3248
kreskin wrote:
saherbal wrote:
It's funny you listen to the Corp owned papers that are orchestrating the coup for oil. You are ridiculous. It's plain to see.

Sorry, but you lost me in terms of your credibility when you said that the Russian media "are unlike our own able to speak their minds".

Your bias is so blatant as to be disturbing.

I'm always willing to listen to a different side in a story, but when you come up with statements like that, my brain just shuts off and I move on to the next topic of discussion.

Perhaps that is my loss (in terms of understanding the situation), but as is often the case when you are trying to present a viewpoint, you turn off your audience (shut down a lot of brains) when you make wildly ridiculous statements like the above and/or quote highly questionable (or at least very heavily vested) sources ... sometimes, you are your own worst enemy in an argument.




Sooooooo, how about those NHL trades today? Think Luongo will flourish back in Florida again?


Did you listen to the girl in question?

Really ? DO not question 9/11,isn't that what Bush said?
Look up to say what Dennis Kucinich has to say on the subject.

_________________
“Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking...” Leo Tolstoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kiev snipers hired by Maidan leaders - leaked
PostPosted: March 5th, 2014, 8:38 pm 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: August 23rd, 2005, 11:52 am
Posts: 11991
Location: Summerside
saherbal wrote:
It's funny you listen to the Corp owned papers that are orchestrating the coup for oil. You are ridiculous. It's plain to see.
Quote:
A senior US State Department official has allegedly been caught giving an unexpected message to the EU while discussing Ukrainian opposition leaders’ roles in the country’s future government. The phone call was taped and posted on YouTube.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSxaa-67yGM#t=212
Same as this tape but the US papers didn't pick it up for some odd reason. Victoria Nuland
But the State dept. didn't deny it and she apologized,for her comments. So what does that tell you ? Can't you follow the bread crumbs.

The US papers reported that story as soon as it came out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kiev snipers hired by Maidan leaders - leaked
PostPosted: March 5th, 2014, 9:01 pm 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: November 26th, 2006, 12:15 am
Posts: 3248
craiger wrote:
saherbal wrote:
It's funny you listen to the Corp owned papers that are orchestrating the coup for oil. You are ridiculous. It's plain to see.
Quote:
A senior US State Department official has allegedly been caught giving an unexpected message to the EU while discussing Ukrainian opposition leaders’ roles in the country’s future government. The phone call was taped and posted on YouTube.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSxaa-67yGM#t=212
Same as this tape but the US papers didn't pick it up for some odd reason. Victoria Nuland
But the State dept. didn't deny it and she apologized,for her comments. So what does that tell you ? Can't you follow the bread crumbs.

The US papers reported that story as soon as it came out.


Well good that they did.

Abby has been offered to go to Crimea to see for herself but refuse and is NOT fired from her job ,so far i will admit ,see what the future holds.

Quote:
In a statement released late yesterday, Russia Today's chief spokeswoman Anna Belkina told HuffPost UK: "Contrary to the popular opinion, RT doesn’t beat its journalists into submission, and they are free to express their own opinions, not just in private but on the air. This is the case with Abby’s commentary on the Ukraine.

"We respect her views, and the views of all our journalists, presenters and program hosts, and there will be absolutely no reprimands made against Ms. Martin.

"In her comment Ms. Martin also noted that she does not possess a deep knowledge of reality of the situation in Crimea. As such we’ll be sending her to Crimea to give her an opportunity to make up her own mind from the epicentre of the story."
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/03/05/abby-martin-rt-video_n_4901967.html
Hmmmmmmm seems to be some disconnect to what you say and what they say. About openess. :lol: :lol:

_________________
“Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking...” Leo Tolstoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kiev snipers hired by Maidan leaders - leaked
PostPosted: March 6th, 2014, 2:21 pm 
Offline
True Islander
User avatar

Joined: November 6th, 2003, 10:32 am
Posts: 3237
kreskin wrote:
sometimes, you are your own worst enemy in an argument.


And the rest of the time, it's "facts" that get in the way.

_________________
The Annekenstein Monster
Sketch 22


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kiev snipers hired by Maidan leaders - leaked
PostPosted: March 6th, 2014, 3:20 pm 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: November 26th, 2006, 12:15 am
Posts: 3248
Rob MacD wrote:
kreskin wrote:
sometimes, you are your own worst enemy in an argument.


And the rest of the time, it's "facts" that get in the way.


really ? So can you tell me what treaty's Ukraine and Russia have? You guys seem to already know this . So i 'd like to know if they have treaties and what they consist of?

Quote:
Russia has a LEGAL right to have 30,000 troops in Ukraine. It has half that and hasn't spilled a DROP of blood...The "prime minister" of Ukraine is self appointed. His "government" is unelected. The actual government was driven out by western backed force...The killing of 77 in Maidan was done by snipers hired by the opposition says Estonia. BBC has yet to broadcast the Ashton tapes proving this...
George Galloway MP


We wouldn't want facts to get in the way would we? Oh but what's the reaction to George Galloway. He's this he's that but is what he said true or more propaganda?
In the meantime US is sending military jets to Poland.Hmmmmm. It this true?

_________________
“Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking...” Leo Tolstoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kiev snipers hired by Maidan leaders - leaked
PostPosted: March 9th, 2014, 3:41 pm 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: November 26th, 2006, 12:15 am
Posts: 3248
Just wondering if any credibility with these corp owned papers of western persuasion.

Quote:
Ukraine crisis: bugged call reveals conspiracy theory about Kiev snipers
Estonian foreign minister Urmas Paet tells EU's Cathy Ashton about claim that provocateurs were behind Maidan killings
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/05/ukraine-bugged-call-catherine-ashton-urmas-paet


Sadly enough the video part is NOT ther for some strange reason,Go figure.
We're sorry, the rights for this video have expired. Expired how do you expire news?

A recording of a private conversation between two American diplomats has generated outrage over the role of the United States in Ukraine, where President Viktor Yanukovych and his pro-Russian government face a popular uprising. Chief foreign affairs correspondent Margaret Warner takes a closer look at the details of the phone call.
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/leaked-d ... g-ukraine/

Sadly i cannot find many western papers picking this up ,you would think it would be news in Canada at least, i can't find 1. I can see why the US wouldn't want to report on it.

_________________
“Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking...” Leo Tolstoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kiev snipers hired by Maidan leaders - leaked
PostPosted: March 13th, 2014, 9:50 pm 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: August 23rd, 2005, 11:52 am
Posts: 11991
Location: Summerside
Another example of that exemplary Russian media.
Quote:
New York, March 13, 2014--The Committee to Protect Journalists is alarmed by the blocking today of independent and pro-opposition news websites in Russia, including Ezhednevny Zhurnal, Grani, Kasparov, and the website of the liberal radio station Ekho Moskvy. The popular blog of anti-corruption activist Aleksei Navalny and the personal blogging platform LiveJournal were also blocked.

http://cpj.org/2014/03/cpj-condemns-the ... n-russ.php


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kiev snipers hired by Maidan leaders - leaked
PostPosted: March 14th, 2014, 10:50 am 
Offline
True Islander

Joined: November 26th, 2006, 12:15 am
Posts: 3248
craiger wrote:
Another example of that exemplary Russian media.
Quote:
New York, March 13, 2014--The Committee to Protect Journalists is alarmed by the blocking today of independent and pro-opposition news websites in Russia, including Ezhednevny Zhurnal, Grani, Kasparov, and the website of the liberal radio station Ekho Moskvy. The popular blog of anti-corruption activist Aleksei Navalny and the personal blogging platform LiveJournal were also blocked.

http://cpj.org/2014/03/cpj-condemns-the ... n-russ.php

Never said once it was exemplary ,you did. Dirty tricks played on both sides.We know the old gov was Thoroughly corrupt,that is not debatable in my opinion. The New Gov that was put in by the west is no better if not worse. The Russian population now in Ukraine are not allowed speak Russian.

Question if it is blocked there can it also be blocked here? Seems like they are up and running but are they just blocked in Russia? I'm not so tech so i don't know that is why i'm asking.
Here is the site Ezhednevny
http://ej.ru/?a=author&id=2

Zhurnal
http://zhurnal-ks.com/


Quote:
Ukraine’s leaders are silencing the independent media

By Sergii Leshchenko, Published: December 30

Sergii Leshchenko is the National Endowment for Democracy’s Reagan-Fascell Fellow and deputy editor-in-chief of Ukrainska Pravda.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ukraines-leaders-are-silencing-the-independent-media/2013/12/30/6cb58120-6f2e-11e3-a523-fe73f0ff6b8d_story.html
Just How independent is those independent journalists? If backed by US NGO's i don't consider them independent.

I've seen plenty of video's and translated articles in the Ukraine.
I never knew what the connection between the Ukraine and Libya was until i did some research. Apparently they love Gaddafi in that country also. That is where i met a few of my contacts i have now. Small world eh.


Seems it's made it's way to national media English version.

Quote:
Ukraine must hold independent probe in journalist beating

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine-abroad/committee-to-protect-journalists-ukraine-must-hold-independent-probe-in-journalist-beating-334368.html

_________________
“Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking...” Leo Tolstoy


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group