Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Supper WING NIGHT!!! at The Old Triangle Irish Alehouse for $0.35 [Remind Me]

Supper Endless Baby Back Ribs at Hunter's Ale House for $22.99 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Beef Pot Pie or Veggie Pot Pie at Beanz Espresso Bar for $9.10 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: EI zones
PostPosted: July 30th, 2016, 12:22 pm 
Almost an Islander

there was certainly a lot of talk about it on the doorsteps at election time (promises), and now recently a parliamentary committee has recommended reversing the changes back to one zone. strangely (or not) our MP's are keeping very quiet on the subject, which probably doesn't bode well for Charlottetown District seasonal employee's again this year when layoffs start in a month or two. i know quite a few people who didn't have enough hours to qualify last year, and even more whose claims ran out month before returning to work.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: EI zones
PostPosted: July 31st, 2016, 12:11 pm 
True Islander

Quote:
As a side note, all four Island MPs remain committed to removing the two zones for EI on Prince Edward Island and we are working to help make this happen.

https://scasey.liberal.ca/news-nouvelle ... an-to-you/

Quote:
Meanwhile, Malpeque MP and the chair of the federal finance committee, Wayne Easter, said he hears a lot of concerns about the two zones.

He said it's an unacceptable situation and he will continue to push for change.

Easter said the recommendation from the Human Resources committee really adds weight to that push.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prince-ed ... -1.3638780

PostPosted: December 4th, 2016, 9:02 pm 

Well we are now less than a month away from the January 2017 changes to Employment Insurance implemented by the Federal Government. Back in July we read how our local Island MPs were working diligently to eliminate the two EI zones on PEI. Does anyone know of any developments to achieve this change?

PostPosted: January 6th, 2017, 9:49 am 
Almost an Islander

Reggie The Shark wrote:
Well we are now less than a month away from the January 2017 changes to Employment Insurance implemented by the Federal Government. Back in July we read how our local Island MPs were working diligently to eliminate the two EI zones on PEI. Does anyone know of any developments to achieve this change?

not a peep, which is scary. i've heard that there are general changes coming this month but that's it, no details and nothing about PEI zone changes. i wouldn't be surprised if there are no changes to the zones until next year, half way through their mandate when they start thinking about the next election and start throwing money around like candy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 25th, 2017, 6:51 pm 

Well it's now March 2017 are our MPs still working diligently to move to one EI Zone for PEI? The silence is deafening.

The Liberals were all over the Conservatives when these changes were originally made, now well over a year in power there is nothing.

It's hard not to become very cynical about our politicians.

They sure take us for real chumps.

PostPosted: April 4th, 2017, 1:54 pm 
Almost an Islander

well, i guess their waiting another year, when the election is only a year away and they start throwing money everywhere, they've had a year and a half already and nothing. ironic, Gail Shea made the changes in about 6 months, practically the stroke of a pen in Government time. for me, the shine has worn off, we seem to be no better off than we were under Harper on the East Coast (and i voted for Trudeau), i'll be watching the NDP leadership campaign with new interest....

Profile E-mail