* Register

* Login 

Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Kobie Box
PostPosted: February 20th, 2016, 10:25 am 

Has anyone used a Kobie Box for watching TV and movies. Are they any good? Want to get away from Satellite TV too expensive.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Kobie Box
PostPosted: February 20th, 2016, 2:46 pm 

Do you mean Kodi? Kodi is a media center released for various different computing platforms. It originally started as XBMP (xbox media player) and then became XBMC (xbox media center) it has since be ported over to many different OS's and took on a new name of KODI. If you want to give KODI a try you can install it on pretty much anything (Android phone/tablet/stand alone tv box, laptop, desktop) It is a free download, once installed you then need to follow some tutorials on installing the SuperRepo repository, from here you can install many of the movie/tv show streaming apps(I currently use 1channel). I use it from time to time, quality can be a little lacking, but hey it is free!

PostPosted: February 20th, 2016, 2:52 pm 

Just want to add, online streaming aside, KODI is the absolute best program for watching any downloaded media on your TV, I have a desktop computer that I built and dedicated to running Windows 10/KODI for watching downloaded media to my big screen tv. I have been using the XBMP->XBMC->KODI platform since it was released many many years ago for the original XBOX.

PostPosted: February 20th, 2016, 6:45 pm 
Almost an Islander

I got an android tv box for Xmas to run Kodi and like it. It didn't come with instructions on how to actually stream anything so it was a few days of trial and error and I was tempted to sell it on day 2, but I figured it out and now I'm happy I kept I it.

I was concerned that my internet (Bell - not fibre op) in rural PEI might not be up to the task, and it's only barely fast enough. If someone else in the house is watching Netflix I might as well give up as I can't watch anything on the android box at the same time.

I ordered mine on Amazon as it was much less than the ones I've seen advertised on kijiji or for sale locally and the person who recommended it to me suggested I get one at least 2Gigs, which I did.

I've already watched a bunch of tv series that weren't available on Netflix so would consider its been worth the money.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: February 21st, 2016, 12:02 am 
Almost an Islander

The Piracy Box Sellers and Youtube Promoters Are Killing Kodi

Be careful, some may advertise it to 'replace' cable and whatnot, but don't expect support. Manufacturers are making quick buck off kodi brand.

I've used kodi/xbmc for a long time (5+ years). Great software. Really great at organizing tv shows (remembers what you've watched).
I can use it with hardware to watch tv shows from antenna (cbc/ctv/global) on my computers.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2016, 3:17 pm 
True Islander

balkoth wrote:
The Piracy Box Sellers and Youtube Promoters Are Killing Kodi

Be careful, some may advertise it to 'replace' cable and whatnot, but don't expect support. Manufacturers are making quick buck off kodi brand.

I've used kodi/xbmc for a long time (5+ years). Great software. Really great at organizing tv shows (remembers what you've watched).
I can use it with hardware to watch tv shows from antenna (cbc/ctv/global) on my computers.

Don't see the curb sellers hurting kodi any more than the name android that is also associated with them being hurt. On the contrary it has done wonders to promote it. Most of these people likely never heard of kodi or xbmc before they bought it anyway. Also there are tonnes of android apps that allow streaming movies and tv shows and even a few available from the microsoft app store.
The best thing to do with kodi is to use it or android by it's self for iptv. Some iptv services are free and some are paid. They work great with a program guide adon. You basically then get cable tv over the internet for free or very little cost and with an excelent guide (some better than your cable etc. provider), not counting your internet connection of course.

PostPosted: August 18th, 2017, 4:28 am 
Newly Created Account

Kodi has fast become the leading online streaming solution for millions of streaming fanatics around the world. Attributed to the massive number of video add-ons available to watch movies, TV shows, live TV, sports, documentaries, news etc. Kodi has become a one stop solution for binge watchers.

Kodi box is a set-top box where Kodi is already installed and therefore plug and play tons of media content.
Some of the best in their category are like.

Best Kodi Boxes for Live TV
    Kukele S912
    SkyStream One
    Rveal RT5
    Easystone Q Box
    Apple TV

Best Android Boxes for Kodi
    Amazon Fire TV Stick
    Amazon Fire TV
    Nvidia Shield
    Seguro Trongle X4
    Emtec GEM Box

You can know a lot more about these https://www.kodivpn.co/best-kodi-boxes/ as some might not work in some areas due to Geo restrictions.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: September 1st, 2017, 8:47 pm 
Almost an Islander

Schill much?

- Jesus of Nazareth, Matt. 26:52

Profile E-mail