* Register

* Login 

Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Eastlink and Enhanced TV
PostPosted: October 27th, 2015, 8:05 pm 

So I think I have this straight. The deal with "enhanced TV" is, "I'm taking away your basic cable but you can have it back for $72 a year per TV".

"PS, thanks for being an Eastlink customer for the past 20+ years. Now where's my money."

Post subject: Re: Eastlink and Enhanced TV
PostPosted: October 28th, 2015, 11:19 am 
True Islander

Got a link so the rest of us can see what you are referring to?

PostPosted: October 28th, 2015, 1:19 pm 

Sorry, frustrated rant without context :)

I have Eastlink's whole home dvr on 2 TV's now. Used to have regular digital boxes until I upgraded to the DVR and went whole home while I was at it.

Still have an old TV in the basement in front of the treadmill that is just connected to the cable wall jack. Only gets basic cable from channels 3 - 65 but that was fine for what I was using it for.

Most of the channels are disappearing and in their place on the TV screen is a disclaimer saying that Eastlink is removing these channels to provide a more Enhanced Tv service and to contact them.

I understood this was coming and that I would need a digital cable box, which I used to rent for $1 per month and was fine with that.

Now Eastlink says that they are not compatible with Maestro whole home and that I would have to rent one of those boxes for $6 per month.

$72 a year just seems steep for what I want that particular outlet for.

PostPosted: October 30th, 2015, 10:21 pm 
True Islander

Ok understand now. Ya that sucks. Can you buy it out right, given any thought to shaw direct or bell fibre?

PostPosted: October 31st, 2015, 4:04 pm 

betamaxman wrote:
Ok understand now. Ya that sucks. Can you buy it out right, given any thought to shaw direct or bell fibre?

I haven't looked into buying it outright, although I doubt that it would work out to be much cheaper per month in the end.

My parents have Shaw direct and it seems similar, although I didn't really want a dish.

From what I've seen over the years in tech forums, Bell can be as frustrating so it may just be a case of better the devil you know.

Overall, I haven't had much to complain about with Eastlink. It just gets frustrating that our options seem limited.

And even worse, when you are good, long standing customers, you don't seem to get rewarded with the little things.

I understand that digital is replacing analog and I expected to pay more for a rental box. Just not that much :)

PostPosted: November 1st, 2015, 3:39 pm 
True Islander

If you're interested I have newer shaw direct equipment I have been thinking of selling, the pvf, the top receiver and the bottom line receiver and of course the dish. No problems with shaw so there would be no trouble activating them, wouldn't want to to much 50% perhaps of what ever the best price they are currently selling at. But you should consider an android box with kodi on it and cut the cable entirely.
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/mxiii-g- ... d-1828323/

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2015, 11:04 am 

betamaxman wrote:
If you're interested I have newer shaw direct equipment I have been thinking of selling, the pvf, the top receiver and the bottom line receiver and of course the dish. No problems with shaw so there would be no trouble activating them, wouldn't want to to much 50% perhaps of what ever the best price they are currently selling at. But you should consider an android box with kodi on it and cut the cable entirely.
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/mxiii-g- ... d-1828323/

Thanks. I'll probably stick with Eastlink for now. Just needed to rant & rave :)