Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Supper WING NIGHT!!! at The Old Triangle Irish Alehouse for $0.35 [Remind Me]

Supper Endless Baby Back Ribs at Hunter's Ale House for $22.99 [Remind Me]

All Day Special $5 Burgers at The Factory Cookhouse & Dancehall for $5.00 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Re: eastlink high speed 20 vs bell fibre op 20/15
PostPosted: March 10th, 2013, 12:14 pm 

craiger wrote:
view wrote:
JohnnyMac wrote:
Craiger, I got basically the same deal...but for a year...A friend of mine was working in promotion for Bell and advertized a deal to his Facebook that got me $99 for the year, phone,internet, 4 receivers free out of the 6 I needed, no contract, $200 Visa - which I just used, pvr, HD, movies..Tired of paying Eastlink approx $280/month...Nice that Bell after taxes - $130 ....After the year, I will then see what Eastlink is offering!

Same as what my son got also.....plus NHL Center ice and two day hook up!

I called Enman's asking if there were any promotions for FibreOp. They offered 3 months at $99.99 and a $200 Visa card. I might try in person with the offer I got in the mail to see what they'll do.

Son got the $99 per month plus the $200 visa, then after getting home he called Bell to move up his install date, they offered him the Center Ice free because they couldn't install in the time frame he wanted. Then they ended up after all that installing it the next morning.

Never hold your farts in. They travel to your brain and that's where shitty ideas come from.

PostPosted: March 10th, 2013, 1:39 pm 
True Islander

view wrote:
craiger wrote:
view wrote:
JohnnyMac wrote:
Craiger, I got basically the same deal...but for a year...A friend of mine was working in promotion for Bell and advertized a deal to his Facebook that got me $99 for the year, phone,internet, 4 receivers free out of the 6 I needed, no contract, $200 Visa - which I just used, pvr, HD, movies..Tired of paying Eastlink approx $280/month...Nice that Bell after taxes - $130 ....After the year, I will then see what Eastlink is offering!

I called Enman's asking if there were any promotions for FibreOp. They offered 3 months at $99.99 and a $200 Visa card. I might try in person with the offer I got in the mail to see what they'll do.

Son got the $99 per month plus the $200 visa, then after getting home he called Bell to move up his install date, they offered him the Center Ice free because they couldn't install in the time frame he wanted. Then they ended up after all that installing it the next morning.

I checked with Enman's in person and this particular deal expired Feb. 27. They said you could try phoning Bell and asking for it but they couldn't offer it past the expiry date.

PostPosted: March 10th, 2013, 6:51 pm 

craiger wrote:
view wrote:
craiger wrote:
view wrote:
JohnnyMac wrote:

I checked with Enman's in person and this particular deal expired Feb. 27. They said you could try phoning Bell and asking for it but they couldn't offer it past the expiry date.

It was March 04th when he signed up

Never hold your farts in. They travel to your brain and that's where shitty ideas come from.

PostPosted: March 12th, 2013, 10:07 pm 
True Islander

Called Bell Aliant tonight. They will give me the $99.95/month for 12 month deal, but they aren't giving out the gift card anymore. The agent said only some of them are authorized to give out this deal. I'm going to push a bit more on it tomorrow though.

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2013, 7:48 am 
True Islander

Got FibreOp hooked up yesterday. My initial reaction is disappointment. I got the best package so I was surprised to see it didn't include the Food network. And they won't have HGTV available in HD until next month. Other than having HBO and the movie channels, initially it seems like Eastlink had much better selection of HD channels. I much prefer the menu and guide of Bell though.

Was also surprised to see the Internet speed on my iPad. I get 50mbps on my laptop but the highest I've had so far on my iPad is a little over 30. With Eastlink 40mbps Internet, I was getting around 37mbps consistently.

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2013, 3:37 pm 

craiger wrote:
Got FibreOp hooked up yesterday. My initial reaction is disappointment. I got the best package so I was surprised to see it didn't include the Food network. And they won't have HGTV available in HD until next month. Other than having HBO and the movie channels, initially it seems like Eastlink had much better selection of HD channels. I much prefer the menu and guide of Bell though.

Was also surprised to see the Internet speed on my iPad. I get 50mbps on my laptop but the highest I've had so far on my iPad is a little over 30. With Eastlink 40mbps Internet, I was getting around 37mbps consistently.

What do you think of the one PVR for the whole household? The whole channel selection combination is a money making scheme.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 5th, 2013, 11:26 am 
True Islander

Bell just did a free upgrade on all of the internet packages.
50Down / 30Up was 20 Down / 15 Up
80Down / 30Up was 50 Down / 30 Up
175Down / 30Up was 80 Down / 30 Up

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 9th, 2013, 3:21 pm 
Almost an Islander

Just an FYI for anyone looking to switch to Bell, I'm told they are giving away a 32" Samsung TV for signing up right now. You can cancel at any time and keep the TV.

PostPosted: May 9th, 2013, 11:22 pm 

So we just got bumped up to 80MB... but lately when we go to watch a video on youtube or netflix... its takes forever to load/buffer. Or say if we're downloading a 800mb file it will take about an hour...compared to about 5 minutes before the *upgrade*

So the pic belows the speed of which I am actually getting on my end (Speedtest.net) on a wireless/wired conection and the speed which Eastlink says Im getting...

We have tried different laptops/devices and everything is getting the slow speed... among other options. It has both us and the Eastlink servicemen dumbfounded...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 10th, 2013, 3:09 pm 
True Islander

Is that happening on the computer that is hard wired or just on the wireless units?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 11th, 2013, 1:35 am 

Raiders wrote:
Is that happening on the computer that is hard wired or just on the wireless units?

Tried it on everything, wire included while the Eastlink guy was here yesterday and no change... The only time we get close to the advertised speed is right after switching channels... it will only last for about 2 mins and then back down..

There was suppose to be another one come today but no showed...

Profile E-mail