Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Lunch Taco Bar at Chartwells UPEI for $4.99 [Remind Me]

Supper Martini Mondays at The Old Triangle Irish Alehouse for $5.00 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Monday Lunch Special at Beanz Espresso Bar for $9.80 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special GamJa-tang(Pork bone on the soup) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $12.89 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: C&C Fuels
PostPosted: August 5th, 2006, 10:47 am 
True Islander

I see that they are closing is it in the paper today? A notice to their customers that they are sending all of there accounts to Kenmac.

Perhaps this happened because of the way they treated there customers? I was a loyal cash paying customer for over 10 years and two winters ago, suddenly found myself running out of oil on a Friday, coldest point of the winter. I went in at lunch and they refused to give me oil before the weekend. I went to three companies and all refused. I went in bawling to Kenmac and said not a problem, were right out and happily took my $300.00 cash.

I would of paid any extra knowing it was short notice, but no way would any of the other three companies and give me and my kids oil before the weekend. Kenmac will always have a loyal customer in me.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 5th, 2006, 1:16 pm 
True Islander

What if the owner of C&C or whoever it was gets a job at Kenmac? You may be out of luck.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 5th, 2006, 2:40 pm 
True Islander

Out of luck in what kind of way?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 5th, 2006, 2:55 pm 
True Islander

I don't understand why oil companies wouldn't have given you oil before the weekend - especially considering you were walking in with cash in hand...

I've been lucky, I suppose, with my provider who has me on 'auto-fill' (although they haven't been here since May - I presume because they think I use less oil, here's hoping hehehe) and the first few months we used more then expected so I've had to call them out for delivery two or three times within - needing oil within 24 hrs kinda thing and they've accomodated. I never really thought they could or would say no if I've been a customer in good standing, but I guess it could've happened. Eep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 5th, 2006, 3:09 pm 
True Islander

Well I was in shock too that an oil company would deny me oil. I always paid in advance with cash, so I couldn't understand. If Kenmac hadn't agreed I was going to go to CBC next. I couldn't believe it.

I am now on pre-authorizaed payments and am never without oil. I would never go through that again.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 5th, 2006, 10:42 pm 

Irving refused to bring Terry oil one weekend a few years ago. The young fellow who drives the truck said he wouldn't come out just for one call. It was a real cold weekend and they and the kids were freezing. They froze all night, called again in the morning and he still refused.

John called Petro Can and they were there in about 15 minutes. I've been kicking myself ever since for not going in and giving them s--t.

Terry kept on with Petro Can and since he was paying for his furnace through Irving and he stopped going there they wouldn't service it any more. I really should have gone and given them hell and maybe got that young fellow fired.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 5th, 2006, 10:59 pm 
True Islander

Irving was one fo the companies that refused me also, along with CO-OP. They should not be allowed to do that, refuse someone oil.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 6th, 2006, 2:02 am 
True Islander

My mom gave up on C&C a few years ago too... she called them, and they said they'd be out.. I was home, so she left the money with me... I left the back door open, and went into the livingroom to watch tv... I waited all day, and they never showed.. when she got home, she called them.. they told her that they had been out, but no one was home... the driver was lying, as there was obvious signs that there was someone home, even if no one came to the door when hw knocked.... the door was open... and the tv was blaring... I don't know who she deals with now.. I suppose I'll find out in the fall...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 8th, 2006, 11:53 pm 
Newly Created Account

Let me get this straight - you went in on a Friday to order oil and they told you they couldn't go the same day? Alert the national media!!! You probably had enough to do you for a week. CBC would have done squat for you. I hate it when people threaten to go to the media over problems they cause themselves. By the way it doesn't sound like any companies refused you oil as you say they just told you they couldn't come the same day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 9th, 2006, 12:01 am 
Tim wrote:
Let me get this straight - you went in on a Friday to order oil and they told you they couldn't go the same day? Alert the national media!!! You probably had enough to do you for a week. CBC would have done squat for you. I hate it when people threaten to go to the media over problems they cause themselves. By the way it doesn't sound like any companies refused you oil as you say they just told you they couldn't come the same day.

Perhaps you don't have it straight.
This was a noon request for oil on a Friday that could have been delivered on Friday or Saturday as far as I'm concerned.
How do you know that this person "probably had enough to do a week"?
That's kind of a stupid statement considering you have no clue of the circumstances.
If people don't complain about lousy service then service will not improve.

Pat yourself on the back big guy because apparently you are the only person in the world who has never had a service complaint.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 9th, 2006, 4:46 am 

Easiest and best solution was just what was done. Take the business elseware. as other people had done with this once sucessful company.
Was once a loyal cash paying customer there myself.
No surprise to me they had to sell out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 9th, 2006, 7:02 am 
True Islander

hhost.ca wrote:
Tim wrote:

Perhaps you don't have it straight.
This was a noon request for oil on a Friday that could have been delivered on Friday or Saturday as far as I'm concerned.
How do you know that this person "probably had enough to do a week"?
That's kind of a stupid statement considering you have no clue of the circumstances.
If people don't complain about lousy service then service will not improve.

Pat yourself on the back big guy because apparently you are the only person in the world who has never had a service complaint.

well why would someone let the tankget so empty... empty tanks are a haven for moisture.. did they already tip the barrel and throw a 2x4 or 2 under it to get the oil that layes on the bottem of the tank?? you may be surpized how much oil is unuseable on the bottom of the tank when it is sittin level.. i find it strange that they didn't have a driver on call for evenigs and the weekend as most places do.. but i not know the whole story. anyways least ya where smart enuff to find oil elsewheres... gtw the job of an oil delivery person can be really crappy in the winter..

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 9th, 2006, 10:38 am 
True Islander

Cause I am poor and a single mom?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 9th, 2006, 10:46 am 
From Away

With the rising cost of oil it is not surprising that people would allow their tanks to get close to being empty. To fill a 910 litre tank costs approximately $691.60, based on 76 cents per litre which is at the low end of the pricing posted on IRAC's web site.

http://www.irac.pe.ca/petrol/docs.asp?f ... prices.asp

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 9th, 2006, 12:20 pm 

Tim wrote:
Let me get this straight - you went in on a Friday to order oil and they told you they couldn't go the same day? Alert the national media!!! You probably had enough to do you for a week.

This caught my eye.

This is actually good for me, but anyway here goes:

I went the first of the week two years ago to apply for the automatic service with Esso. I was told that the oil trucks will be making their rounds the next Tuesday, which would have been the middle of November.

By Wednesday I called to say that my tank was right on the empty - the disk was almost level with the bottom line on the gauge, and that I was sure I would be out of oil before Tuesday. They told me I would still have a week's worth in there, since the gauges are not accurate and the tank usually has more in it than what is showing. No problem.

I wake up to a very cold house Thursday Remembrance Day.

I called to tell them that I was fresh out of oil. The truck was doing an emergency delivery in Souris, and that it may be an hour before I get oil. Sure enough, they came within the hour.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 9th, 2006, 10:30 pm 
True Islander

I've lost count of how many times we've woken up to a cold house.... but usually we are told that it will be next day at least until someone will show, so someone is usually sent out to get a can of diesel...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 9th, 2006, 10:57 pm 

Rikimae wrote:
I've lost count of how many times we've woken up to a cold house.... but usually we are told that it will be next day at least until someone will show, so someone is usually sent out to get a can of diesel...

How about you switch to automatic delivery?

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 10th, 2006, 6:40 am 
True Islander

It's not so easy to get automatic delivery, it's not like you wave a magic wand and say you want it. You do have to have a credit check done and be able to afford monthly payments. I got oil when I could afford it.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 10th, 2006, 7:11 am 

an averaged monthly payment works for some people. I like the summer when I can stop checking the tank. I have small house and it's heated from the hot-water tank. I don't have a furnace. The hot-water tank uses the oil. I think it cost me about $200 a month in the winter for oil.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 10th, 2006, 8:08 am 
True Islander

hmm i have a oil fired boiler and i think i average about 100 bucks a month or a bit better for heat and hot water all year... but i been burning a bit of jet fuel the last 2 years so my oil bill had been less.