PEIinfo Logo
  Top Banner

Listings Coming Soon
 
Home
* FAQ
* Register

* Login 

Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Lunch Bacon & Clam Chowder at Casa Mia Cafe for $4.95 [Remind Me]

Lunch The Great Canadian Hand Carved Sandwich at Chartwells UPEI for $5.99 [Remind Me]

Lunch Chicken wings & Chips at Casa Mia Cafe for $9.95 [Remind Me]

Supper WING NIGHT!!! at The Old Triangle Irish Alehouse for $0.35 [Remind Me]

Supper Endless Baby Back Ribs at Hunter's Ale House for $22.99 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Beef Pot Pie or Veggie Pot Pie at Beanz Espresso Bar for $9.10 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 26th, 2007, 4:36 pm 
Offline
Site Admin (volunteer)
User avatar

Joined: November 1st, 2003, 7:55 am
Posts: 16903
Location: Brackley Beach PE / Lake Wales FL
blondie2 wrote:
I must apologize for insinuating Gillian has not done anything right. I stand corrected….the Deputy Minster of Health (David Riley) is a lawyer … Gillian got that one right… Jeeeees a Lawyer running the Depatment of Health department…no figure ....
:shock: .....no Doctors interested I guess

......No political patronage in that appointment

:-({|=


Doctors don't make good bureaucrats ... and that is all that a deputy minister is, a senior level paper pusher concerned with balancing budgets, dotting i's, crossing t's and holding meetings. A doctor's time would be better served acting in an advisory role.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 26th, 2007, 4:53 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: February 21st, 2006, 6:24 pm
Posts: 1204
Location: PEI
Kreskin wrote:
blondie2 wrote:
I must apologize for insinuating Gillian has not done anything right. I stand corrected….the Deputy Minster of Health (David Riley) is a lawyer … Gillian got that one right… Jeeeees a Lawyer running the Depatment of Health department…no figure ....
:shock: .....no Doctors interested I guess

......No political patronage in that appointment

:-({|=


Doctors don't make good bureaucrats ... and that is all that a deputy minister is, a senior level paper pusher concerned with balancing budgets, dotting i's, crossing t's and holding meetings. A doctor's time would be better served acting in an advisory role.


Sounds like a job for a CMA....why spend so much more paying a lawyer...no bang for the buck there...unless its more pork for the trough. and i don't point to who's in the seat..i point to the political protocols that put him or her, there.....that is where the corruption lies....which opens the door for nepotism and cronyism....

There's not a member of the house who will put his or her political balls on the table and introduce legislation that would close loopholes, outlaw 'special interest' protocols. They won't because it would be a race to see who hangs them first, fellow house members, or fellow constituents...rich constituents...the ones who give and take from the almighty 'barrel'...


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 26th, 2007, 6:50 pm 
Offline
Site Admin (volunteer)
User avatar

Joined: November 1st, 2003, 7:55 am
Posts: 16903
Location: Brackley Beach PE / Lake Wales FL
Fenarfin wrote:
why spend so much more paying a lawyer


Maybe because the world wouldn't miss a lawyer who gets buried in endless bureaucratic procedures and meetings? :lol:

Depriving the private sector of a good CMA or the medical profession of a good doctor would just be a waste.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 26th, 2007, 7:27 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: February 21st, 2006, 6:24 pm
Posts: 1204
Location: PEI
Kreskin wrote:
Fenarfin wrote:
why spend so much more paying a lawyer


Maybe because the world wouldn't miss a lawyer who gets buried in endless bureaucratic procedures and meetings? :lol:

Depriving the private sector of a good CMA or the medical profession of a good doctor would just be a waste.


i know you are laughing...and so am i, a bit...but, that being said....

That's completely flawed logic, Kreskin...not if one wants to balance the books..its not about what anyone will miss, and is a mentality that is a breeding ground for patronage to flourish...CMA's are paid, at best, half what a second rate lawyer would make...

Come on, seriously....that logic is exactly how the province got itself at the bottom of just about every list that matters any more...

An observation and not an accusation...knowhatimean???


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 26th, 2007, 8:50 pm 
Offline
Site Admin (volunteer)
User avatar

Joined: November 1st, 2003, 7:55 am
Posts: 16903
Location: Brackley Beach PE / Lake Wales FL
Hey, I wasn't disagreeing, just trying to make a lawyer joke ... no logic intended :lol:


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 26th, 2007, 8:54 pm 
Offline
Site Admin (volunteer)
User avatar

Joined: November 1st, 2003, 7:55 am
Posts: 16903
Location: Brackley Beach PE / Lake Wales FL
Fenarfin wrote:
CMA's are paid, at best, half what a second rate lawyer would make...


But I would like to point out that Deputy Ministers get paid what Deputy Ministers get paid ... whether their qualifications are as a lawyer, doctor or CMA, they would all get the same rate of pay in their role as a DM.

Another quality that a DM needs is to be able to negotiate ... something that I must admit, begrudgingly, that lawyers are good at.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 26th, 2007, 8:58 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: December 15th, 2004, 9:53 pm
Posts: 1664
Location: Rustico
yep, they negotiated the doctors right off the Island :lol:

_________________
outstanding in my field


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 26th, 2007, 9:02 pm 
Offline
Site Admin (volunteer)
User avatar

Joined: November 1st, 2003, 7:55 am
Posts: 16903
Location: Brackley Beach PE / Lake Wales FL
Timothy Hayseed wrote:
yep, they negotiated the doctors right off the Island :lol:


:lol:


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 26th, 2007, 9:07 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: February 21st, 2006, 6:24 pm
Posts: 1204
Location: PEI
Kreskin wrote:
Fenarfin wrote:
CMA's are paid, at best, half what a second rate lawyer would make...


But I would like to point out that Deputy Ministers get paid what Deputy Ministers get paid ... whether their qualifications are as a lawyer, doctor or CMA, they would all get the same rate of pay in their role as a DM.


DOH...

:oops:


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

All times are UTC - 4 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group