* Login 

Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Supper Martini Mondays at The Old Triangle Irish Alehouse for $5.00 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Monday Lunch Special at Beanz Espresso Bar for $9.80 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special GamJa-tang(Pork bone on the soup) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $12.89 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 18th, 2006, 3:03 pm 
One thing you may want to keep in mind after you sift through all of this nonsense about whether Summerside or Charlottetown is better, is that if your husband is making his money with an internet based business he may want high speed internet access. There are a lot of rural places here on PEI that don't have high speed internet access.
I don't know if that is an issue but it might be something to consider.

Crapaud is a nice little town with good community spirit and they also have high speed internet access.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 18th, 2006, 3:45 pm 
True Islander

hmm where are these rural comunitees that done have high speed internest acess?? i think all the bigger areas have it by now by aliant and many isp service offered by eastlink too. now if you live off the beatin path miles from a town or villiage then you may not be able to get highspeed easily but there is always options..

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 18th, 2006, 5:03 pm 

Quote:
TTBoy wrote:
hmm where are these rural comunitees that done have high speed internest acess?? i think all the bigger areas have it by now by aliant and many isp service offered by eastlink too. now if you live off the beatin path miles from a town or villiage then you may not be able to get highspeed easily but there is always options..

i have friends who manage a web hosting business, and they live near blooming point....the options for their business, are not feasible...satellite internet has fast download speeds, but dial-up, upload speeds. if your business requires upstream bandwidth, then a smaller town such as montague, or souris, is the way to go....

there are lots of places left on the island that do not have fast connections...

and if you can, be where there is cable....some telephone lines in rural areas leave a lot to be desired....it is an important consideration if you have an internet based business.

if you would like to experience a more 'immersed' french program...go west of Summerside....if you dare... :wink: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 18th, 2006, 5:08 pm 
True Islander

ya but my point is high speed is available in most the towns on pei now i know it doesn't extend to far out of the towns.. and bloomin point is a good bit out of town. morrel, st peters, souris, vernon river, montague all have highspeed, now i not sure where it all is down murry river or harbour way. and as for west summerside hmm i like my doses of next to midget inbred french people in very small portions.. not dising french people heck my grand mother was a paquet before she married. but the fact is the french comunitee up to a few generations was tight knitt maybe a lil to tigh..

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 18th, 2006, 5:12 pm 
True Islander

plus the whine to much up there.. we need this or that cause we are french.. yada yada.. in my history books the english took over the maritimes... but i don't think anyone should get special treatment because of thier race, religion or language. what ever happened to equality.. heck if you look at the demographic shift in canada single white anglo male is becoming a minority.. lol when do i get my tax free 4x4, cheep smokes and booze...

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 18th, 2006, 5:45 pm 

Quote:
TTBoy wrote:
ya but my point is high speed is available in most the towns on pei now i know it doesn't extend to far out of the towns.. and bloomin point is a good bit out of town. morrel, st peters, souris, vernon river, montague all have highspeed, now i not sure where it all is down murry river or harbour way. and as for west summerside hmm i like my doses of next to midget inbred french people in very small portions.. not dising french people heck my grand mother was a paquet before she married. but the fact is the french comunitee up to a few generations was tight knitt maybe a lil to tigh..

That's just too funny.......and what you got against midgets??? i'm no tall drink of water.... :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 18th, 2006, 5:46 pm 

Quote:
TTBoy wrote:
plus the whine to much up there.. we need this or that cause we are french.. yada yada.. in my history books the english took over the maritimes... but i don't think anyone should get special treatment because of thier race, religion or language. what ever happened to equality.. heck if you look at the demographic shift in canada single white anglo male is becoming a minority.. lol when do i get my tax free 4x4, cheep smokes and booze...

Apparently, to just about anyone non-white.....we've already had em.. :lol: :roll:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 18th, 2006, 6:20 pm 
True Islander

i have no problems with anyone that is a different color, creed, religion, sexual orientation.. and on and on.. i just don't think its fair that anyone gets special treatment because of it nor should they get treated any less then anyone else... equality for the masses

i don't see why the goverment should waiste more money building schools for the french.. make one big school wich is used for all. why segragate them out. as for indians well yes you have treaty rights but when things come to a comercial enterprize then they should be required to pay for a license and equipment like everyone else and follow the rules set out by the goverment

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 19th, 2006, 12:18 pm 
Newly Created Account

Thanks for all the information! Just a few more things to "fix" in this house and then it is going on the market (laminate flooring, painting, and some other small reapairs, oh and the back fence needs to be redone where the bear decided to come into the yard!). We are hoping to get it all completed by the end of the summer (aiming for mid August but it may take a little longer).

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 19th, 2006, 12:52 pm 
Site Admin (volunteer)

TTBoy wrote:
i have no problems with anyone that is a different color, creed, religion, sexual orientation.. and on and on.. i just don't think its fair that anyone gets special treatment because of it nor should they get treated any less then anyone else... equality for the masses

And you weren't treating them any less than anyone else with the condescending tone of your statements above???

Geez. :roll:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 22nd, 2006, 12:30 pm 

Ya know you could always do what we're doing and split the difference distancewise between the two-- Hunter River, Kensington, etc...

Profile E-mail